Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
"its parody! its parody!!" the goon and redditor screams, not realizing that parody is worthless without deliberate pointed criticism of what it critiques

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

You're a dead man.

its a well known thread position that the preoccupation with space exploration Is a facet of the American settler colonial psyche

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Chelb posted:

if anything keijo is real emblematic of the problems affecting anime regarding the sexualization of women and focus on straight male perspectives, but i guess because it's extremely wacky or something, its implicit and explicit use of grotesque female sexualization doesn't matter

Im a hypocrite because I also agree with this while simultaneously laughing at the show.

Im the worst person. :(

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Chelb posted:

"its parody! its parody!!" the goon and redditor screams, not realizing that parody is worthless without deliberate pointed criticism of what it critiques

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEBUNMVP_8k

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Im a hypocrite because I also agree with this while simultaneously laughing at the show.

Im the worst person. :(

well im glad you agree!

see we can be friends

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Yes I have bad upper back and today I've pulled something somewhere in my right shoulder

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kustomkarkommando posted:

Yes I have bad upper back and today I've pulled something somewhere in my right shoulder

Cycle heat and cold and take some ibuprofen. See a doctor if it persists.

its a well known thread position that the preoccupation with space exploration Is a facet of the American settler colonial psyche

Step off my space dreams.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
my russian prof gave the class a speech about how trump getting elected is good for us because we can detach ourselves from reality and make a safe space in our mind by devoting all our thought to our studies like she did during the soviet union

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

How upper back are we talking here? You might need to see a doctor.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

the iss isn't even space exploration. we've pretty well explored low earth orbit by now. it's just the collective will of a bunch of nations keeping their space industries busy fruitlessly while real space exploration goes on with or without what is basically an albatross grown out of late stage cold war that everyone agreed to build collectively to prove they could work together. it doesn't serve any useful scientific purpose it's just a manifestation of globalist agreement

a real useful space station would be situated at a lagrange point and would probably be depressurized 90% of the time

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

rear end struggle posted:

my russian prof gave the class a speech about how trump getting elected is good for us because we can detach ourselves from reality and make a safe space in our mind by devoting all our thought to our studies like she did during the soviet union

I applaud anyone looking for the silver lining no matter how delusional.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Cycle heat and cold and take some ibuprofen. See a doctor if it persists.

This is good advice but if you are on other medications please go talk to a pharmacist before taking ibuprofen. You dont want to deal with drug interactions on top of back pain.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

boner confessor posted:

the iss isn't even space exploration. we've pretty well explored low earth orbit by now. it's just the collective will of a bunch of nations keeping their space industries busy fruitlessly while real space exploration goes on with or without what is basically an albatross grown out of late stage cold war that everyone agreed to build collectively to prove they could work together. it doesn't serve any useful scientific purpose it's just a manifestation of globalist agreement

no

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

here is a good thread on some weird things that have been occurring with uber down stream that ive been noticing the past year

https://twitter.com/izakaminska/status/804128893930270720

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Matoi are you seriously going to bat for Keijo

I'm actually really disappointed if you are. :(

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
the space shuttle was also really loving dumb. basically nasa should stop trying to put people into space and just focus on telescopes and robots

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I Killed GBS posted:

Matoi are you seriously going to bat for Keijo

I'm actually really disappointed if you are. :(

I haven't watched it but I'm sure it's more tasteful than say, kill la kill.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I haven't watched it but I'm sure it's more tasteful than say, kill la kill.

Not really. :(

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
If you haven't watched it then don't defend it.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I just love it when people pick an anime and go "this is everything that's wrong with japan!" like they've cracked the case or something.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

theres always a rough transition period where we have yet to absorb the decent uspol posters coming in and cull the weak ones

i say we skip straight to the culls. been a while since we had a good culling.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
don't get the hype around munchkin

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

How upper back are we talking here? You might need to see a doctor.

T4/T5. Its a problem I've had for years and the usual thing is antiinflammatories and ice packs and lying down a lot

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

boner confessor posted:

the space shuttle was also really loving dumb. basically nasa should stop trying to put people into space and just focus on telescopes and robots

I can agree to this. Space Shuttle was always rather a dumb solution, we probably would have had more success if we had just kept the Saturn V production line going with slower production values.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I Killed GBS posted:

If you haven't watched it then don't defend it.

I'm just not going to post anymore, seems like the best solution.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I just love it when people pick an anime and go "this is everything that's wrong with japan!" like they've cracked the case or something.

i mean its what we're talking about rn

if we were talking about anime in general i would mention other things

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

i say we skip straight to the culls. been a while since we had a good culling.

http://i.imgur.com/ED80Yuu.mp4

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chelb posted:

if anything keijo is real emblematic of the problems affecting anime regarding the sexualization of women and focus on straight male perspectives, but i guess because it's extremely wacky or something, its implicit and explicit use of grotesque female sexualization doesn't matter

What's so gross about female athletes?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Berke Negri posted:

here is a good thread on some weird things that have been occurring with uber down stream that ive been noticing the past year

I don't think I can take anything seriously when it's expressed in a series of tweets

Matoi Ryuko posted:

It's kind of amazing how many people are experts in Japanese gender relations and media when the subject of anime comes up.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

bone for tuna, guller

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Guy Goodbody posted:

What's so gross about female athletes?

i think we can all agree that the guy whose only rap sheet is for defending pedophilia should probably take a hike

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't think I can take anything seriously when it's expressed in a series of tweets

hold on, i have an exquisite series of telegraphs in morse code which should elucidate the situation

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Guy Goodbody posted:

This, except "go read my post on Medium."

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hahaaha yeah whoa, get outta here Guy Goodbody, you kind of bigtime suck

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm just not going to post anymore, seems like the best solution.

All posting everywhere is always a mistake

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

pangstrom posted:

rotd do you think you would be "in" if it was creepily-sexualized dudes instead of chicks, though.

at this point there is actually no joke probably as much anime creepily-sexualizing dudes and gay-baiting them for a female shutin audience as chicks

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Please do not discuss your own or other posters anal cavities, aka "bilging".

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I am legit posting lying down on the ground in pain

I hope a dog comes by and pees on you

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

All posting everywhere is always a mistake

It's probably a good idea not to post in threads where everyone hates me though. Seems like the amount of those has gone up as of late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

I am reluctant to read a tweet storm, and doubly so if someone is so foolish as to call it one themselves

• Locked thread