Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
I saw this YouTube video with tips about soft resetting for a shiny starter. Who would ever think that's worthwhile compared to breeding? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I need a HA Sandshrew-A if you can. If not a normal Sandshrew-A. If not any old trash is fine.

FC: 2723-9256-0832
IGN: Amber

Yours?

What's the discord btw?

discord is https://discordapp.com/invite/RhbEapR i think, its in the op if i copied it wrong

FC: 1590-4787-0834
IGN: Cassandra

it will be a regular sandshrew I don't have a clue how to get an HA one

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Blaziken386 posted:

what's with all the people in this thread not picking the best starter, ie Popplio.

maybe their parents taught them not to take things out of a garbage can. just guessing. just a hunch

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

tyblazitar posted:

Sure!

Sure!

FC 3325-3410-1572, IGN tyb

I added you and am around most of today.

My FC is: 5412-9913-6768, IGN Simon

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

tyblazitar posted:

I saw this YouTube video with tips about soft resetting for a shiny starter. Who would ever think that's worthwhile compared to breeding? :psyduck:

Got your beastly Snow Warning girl and in the plaza now. Sorry about the wait. Kept getting Snow Cloak kids.

e: Thanks again!

Squats fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 1, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
That Old Ganon, whoever you are, I can't PM you - but I want one of those Beast Ball HA Sandshrews. Will reciprocate with BB HA Mareanie or whatever else you want that I have. Get at me.

4897-7314-5821, IGN Jesus, will be online later tonight.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I added you and am around most of today.

My FC is: 5412-9913-6768, IGN Simon

Added you, online now!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
A summary of my Incineroar fighting the ghost captain:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Starter rankings now that I've beaten the elite four:

Primarina>Decidueye>Incineroar.

Personal Z-Move Rankings:
Oceanic Operetta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sinister Arrow Raid>Malicious Moonsault

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

tyblazitar posted:

Added you, online now!

Jumping online in the Festival whatever now.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Senerio posted:

Personal Z-Move Rankings:
Oceanic Operetta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sinister Arrow Raid>Malicious Moonsault

Oceanic Operetta is the least inspired and most boring Z-move in the game tho

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

boy are my arms tired posted:

people trying to reset for natures in specific, non-master balls and not running synchro always mystify me

Even with Synchronize its not guaranteed though which sucks.

I had to catch Tapu Fini in a beast ball 3 times because the first two had garbage natures despite synchronize.

less laughter posted:

Breakneck Blitz is literally just running into someone really fast.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Internet Kraken posted:

Even with Synchronize its not guaranteed though which sucks.

I had to catch Tapu Fini in a beast ball 3 times because the first two had garbage natures despite synchronize.

yeah but 50% chance is better than what 4%?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Internet Kraken posted:

Guzzlord is strangely adorable when you play with it in refresh. It eats poke beans in a single bite, which is funny.

Is this true? Even the mighty Snorlax takes two bites!

And speaking of Beast Balls- I got Necrozma in one, so I'm pretty much satisfied

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

the bigger issue this gen is fuggin nothing gets knock off thats legal and also good to use

Machamp, Hariyama, Sableye, Pelipper, Salazzle are all varying degrees of usable.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

today's anime episode was a+++ yet again

i completely lost it at the end

i'm glad someone is looking out for poor team rocket :allears:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The Shortest Path posted:

Machamp, Hariyama, Sableye, Pelipper, Salazzle are all varying degrees of usable.

Ah the mighty knock off Pelipper strategy :regd09:

Alolan Muk is extremely good and gets STAB Knock Off. Smack those Orangurus silly.

That Old Ganon
Jan 2, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

DACK FAYDEN posted:

That Old Ganon, whoever you are, I can't PM you - but I want one of those Beast Ball HA Sandshrews. Will reciprocate with BB HA Mareanie or whatever else you want that I have. Get at me.

4897-7314-5821, IGN Jesus, will be online later tonight.
I'll be here all day, so just let me know. Hit me with that Honedge.

@Carlosologist, getcher starters!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

i made this mistake in discord too but i would like to see your breed path for salazzle knock off, which aside from weavile, seems to be the most viable

pelipper dies to koko, xurk, magnezone, tbolt magmortar, like anything with elec is gonna own it harder than gyarados
sableye gets owned by fairy, of which we have 3 tapus with fairy moves, dgleam UBs, etc all of which are faster
hariyama and machamp suffer from all, literally all, of the fairy and psychic we have this gen

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Ah the mighty knock off Pelipper strategy :regd09:

Alolan Muk is extremely good and gets STAB Knock Off. Smack those Orangurus silly.

Did you miss the part where he has Drizzle now? I like him a bit better than I do Politoed, for a few reasons.

Also yeah I forgot Muk, he's the poo poo.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

That Old Ganon posted:

Hell yes I will, I bred far too many in my Quest For A Usable One (tm)

e: and yeah Salazzle Knock Off requires Bank-only parents afaik

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Did you miss the part where he has Drizzle now? I like him a bit better than I do Politoed, for a few reasons.

Also yeah I forgot Muk, he's the poo poo.

in every single showdown match where someone has used pelipper over toed the pelipper either never came out because of the one elec threat i had on my team, or if it did it died immediately

i do not see how you can advocate pelipper over bulktoed

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Oh don't get me wrong, Pelipper is being used purely by virtue of being the only legal drizzle mon other than the stupid toad. Given its typing and pathetic attack though, using knock off on it will be pitiful.

i do not see how you can advocate pelipper over bulktoed

You want to use tailwind.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Hell yes I will, I bred far too many in my Quest For A Usable One (tm)

e: and yeah Salazzle Knock Off requires Bank-only parents afaik

Salazzle requires bank for fake out too which is really annoying.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Internet Kraken posted:

You want to use tailwind.

that is the least exciting tailwind user i can think of tbh but okay, it does have that for it

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

That Old Ganon posted:

Super, I'm online right now

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I went a bred a a Synchronize Timid Abra and now I'm at 3 captures w/o Synchronize, 2 running out of balls, and 2 captures w/o Timid with the Synchronizer.

This is sickening.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Captain Oblivious posted:

The Popplio line is legit the worst starter since Chikorita.

Goodness, I've never seen such a spectacularly wrong opinion.

Why do Alolan policemen all have Hitler moustaches?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Marowak switch-in makes electricity a lot less of a threat when that's a problem, and he gets Wide Guard as well as Tailwind. Also stab hurricane over thunder.

Knock Off will do crap damage but it's still extremely potent utility. He may not be the best thing, but he's certainly not bad and has a lot of utility options available.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I went a bred a a Synchronize Timid Abra and now I'm at 3 captures w/o Synchronize, 2 running out of balls, and 2 captures w/o Timid with the Synchronizer.

This is sickening.

Breeding inner focus or HA Abra will still have a 20% chance to pass down synchronize instead

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
well, i guess you really cant get shiny ultra beasts. darn.

Anyone willing to help me evolve Porygon 2? I can give you pokerus

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

less laughter posted:

It has a graceful bow at the end, which is good and has more character than anything in Sinister Arrow Raid. They're both no Malicious Moonsault though.

Also, Popplio is an extremely good starter because it says "bwark" and poses a lot.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Arrgytehpirate posted:

This is sickening.
Go buy more Poke Balls. Plus, you're 1/4 to whiff twice on Synchronize, and I actually had to try one of my Tapus four times. You can do it! :glomp:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

lmao 50% my rear end

EDIT: The only good part of this is my Pallosand can take Tapu Koko to exactly one HP in two Shadow Balls. If I crit then welp

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Marowak switch-in makes electricity a lot less of a threat when that's a problem, and he gets Wide Guard as well as Tailwind. Also stab hurricane over thunder.

Knock Off will do crap damage but it's still extremely potent utility. He may not be the best thing, but he's certainly not bad and has a lot of utility options available.

With Lightning Rod Marowak and Togedemaru becoming (even more) visible in the meta I've seen a lot more Xurk. Discharge doesn't get entirely eaten by Lightning Rod. Lele and Xurk lead has been killing me lately because you're either going to get a Lele Protect Xurk Discharge or you're going to plan for that and get read since you can't fake out Xurk on Psychic Terrain

That Old Ganon
Jan 2, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Carlosologist posted:

Super, I'm online right now
I can't seem to find you. Are you connected?

Disregard this, I'm an idiot

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffles Inc. posted:

With Lightning Rod Marowak and Togedemaru becoming (even more) visible in the meta I've seen a lot more Xurk. Discharge doesn't get entirely eaten by Lightning Rod. Lele and Xurk lead has been killing me lately because you're either going to get a Lele Protect Xurk Discharge or you're going to plan for that and get read since you can't fake out Xurk on Psychic Terrain

yeah and xurk, especially with z-hypno, is v potent right now

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

GOT IT!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think this might be the first generation in a long while where I think each starter line looks really good.

Between me and a handful of friends, most of em went fire cat or water seal, which really surprised me. I figured Rowlett was a shoo-in for most popular. But yeah, each form looks really good and I'm proud of GameFreak for getting it right this time.

If it wasn't too obvious by that last sentence or two, I started the game probably a day ago. Still have names to learn.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

very kind of them to raise the nickname character limit to 15 so that i might name my xurkitree Xurkish Delight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

oddium posted:

very kind of them to raise the nickname character limit to 15 so that i might name my xurkitree Xurkish Delight

i named kartana Nippon Steel

and Hanzo Steel