Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Oh wow, it's got HP Ice too. This owns. The IVs kind of suck but I can Hyper Train that away eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Shinjobi posted:

I think this might be the first generation in a long while where I think each starter line looks really good.

But yeah, each form looks really good and I'm proud of GameFreak for getting it right this time.

same but the exact opposite

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

less laughter posted:

same but the exact opposite

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

That Old Ganon posted:

I can't seem to find you. Are you connected?

Disregard this, I'm an idiot

yup, it took me a second to find you as well! Thanks so much for the starters, I hope you enjoy the Jangmo-o and Rowlet! Jangmo-o is Adamant and has Soundproof, so if you're into competitive battling you could make good use of it

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Hammerite posted:

Goodness, I've never seen such a spectacularly wrong opinion.

Why do Alolan policemen all have Hitler moustaches?

That's not a hitler moustache, they're all from Super Troopers.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
is it possible to get a bubbler in the poni gauntlet? this dratini won't catch itself.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Well loving hell. What else is there? You can only get the dumb massage once a day

Stick a Soothe Bell on the Pokemon, and charge in circles with Tauros. Or, gather the EV-reducing happiness-raising berries from the berry pile on Route 10 (Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, Tamato), spend a few days growing them in Poke Pelago, then cram them down the throat of the Soothe Bell-holder. Takes like 30 Berries from base to max happiness, maybe more or less depending on what they started at. You can also grind on some wild mons that are much higher-leveled than the one you want to evolve, with it leeching off Exp. Share, and the levels will steadily raise happiness.

Depending on massages was always insultingly slow for me, so I never used them.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
I just stick them in the hot tub with some beans and wait a day.

That Old Ganon
Jan 2, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

corn on the cop posted:

is it possible to get a bubbler in the poni gauntlet? this dratini won't catch itself.
Yeah, it's to the left of the punk duo as you loop back around to the item you initially can't reach that's behind the veteran.

Or if you're going from the Battle Tree, go down and take the path branching right until the end. Just make sure you stop running when you see the second bridge.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh yeah so speaking of Knock Off and Muk-A, he is incredibly strong. OHKOs all the tapus with no attack investment Gunk Shot, is the only stab Knock Off user that's legal and good, has only a single weakness which you can negate with an air balloon if you feel like it, and is massively bulky because he's Muk.

Muk is a friend. Treat him well.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Naming my player character "Alola" has worked out just as well as using "ironically" in Omega Ruby. :allears:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The Shortest Path posted:

Oh yeah so speaking of Knock Off and Muk-A, he is incredibly strong. OHKOs all the tapus with no attack investment Gunk Shot, is the only stab Knock Off user that's legal and good, has only a single weakness which you can negate with an air balloon if you feel like it, and is massively bulky because he's Muk.

252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Muk: 440-522 (106.2 - 126%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
There are too many cool ghosts and I want to use all of them :(

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

oddium posted:

252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Muk: 440-522 (106.2 - 126%) -- guaranteed OHKO

isn't muk-a poison/dark?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i forgot !!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Finished E4 yesterday after like 70 hours. That's the prettiest the Champ arena has been I think.

Managed to bungle through with the whole team and a bunch of items. Relaxo the Snorlax was mainly there for Happy Hour, Fraichu the Mimikyu did a bunch of Swords Dance sweep shenanigans, Max the Incineroar just beat the poo poo out of things, Nebby Lunala lasered stuff, Groot the Exeggutor had some nice type coverage, and so did Fenrir the Zydog, who also got the last blow with the Earth-Z move.

The animation on the Hall of Fame was great and I kind of want to go through with a team of different coloured Miniors and mess with the order of them just to see that.

Got all the Tapus in fitting housing. Koko got Ultra, Lele got Heal, Bulu got Repeat, and for Fini it was going to be Dive but then I saw how drat purple it was and remembered what the Masterball was for. Reached the tree, started UB questing, still sending Castforms all over the place.

Also it is nice being able to switch between night and day now but it seems a little excessive to use the power of the region's Legendary Pokemon to open a gateway to another world just so I can evolve stuff and talk to people. Made me laugh though. I hope the mirror people don't want to kill me or anything. :ohdear:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I wish toucannon's special move fired a laser so I could name it special beam toucannon

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

oddium posted:

i forgot !!

lookit u forgetting new tpyings

dont look at me, i only shadow boned oranguru like 4 times before it stuck that he was normal/psychic

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

The Shortest Path posted:

HMMMM

Max HP and split Def S.Def EVs?

Knock Off
Gunk Shot
Protect
Uh...

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Waffles Inc. posted:

HMMMM

Max HP and split Def S.Def EVs?

Knock Off
Gunk Shot
Protect
Uh...

Pursuit to gently caress up U-Turners?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Also I like hearing about the apparently really mean Clefable you fight in the story. For me it outsped my dude and then Metronomed Lunar Dance.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Senerio posted:

Pursuit to gently caress up U-Turners?

I don't think he can learn that pre-bank.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

i forgot !!

its okay, it's a 2 hit ko with miracle eye

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Team progress: 2/6
Pokémon hatched: ~1900
Almost halfway there! :suicide:

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
Get in the loving ball, Nebby.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

i poop fire posted:

I don't think he can learn that pre-bank.

Sorry, didn't notice that.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

CherryCat posted:

Get in the loving ball, Nebby.

Turns out Nebby doesn't like balls either.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

A summary of my Incineroar fighting the ghost captain:

please dont post snuff

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Re: Pelipper, it has reliable recovery, defog, and most importantly, u-turn. Weather in general has an issue with momentum since you either raw switch or waste turns throwing lovely attacks with your lovely weather setter. Torcoal has a lot more utility too over Ninetales.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
All right, time to learn how Island Scan works. Can I target something in particular? Is the cooldown a day or a week or what?

(Yes, it's for beast ball dex completion, OBVIOUSLY.)

e: also tyb if you have time on your hands and spares I'll take literally one of everything you have that I don't, but if you don't have time I'll get 'em on my own :shobon:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

All right, time to learn how Island Scan works. Can I target something in particular? Is the cooldown a day or a week or what?

e: also tyb if you have time on your hands and spares I'll take literally one of everything you have that I don't, but if you don't have time I'll get 'em on my own :shobon:

island scan lets you scan for pokemon not in the alola dex, and its set based on day of the week which pokemon comes up. It's how you get Togekiss, venipede, and other things.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Okay so how it works is every 2 hours you get a point.
Each point is a scan, you can scan any random QR Code (Ex: I Scanned a QR Code I made from "Who is John Galt?" and got female Skiploom)
After 10 scans, you can island scan, which pokemon shows up depends on the day of the week and the island you are currently on. (I use serebii for the list)
It shows up on a random route on the island you're on. Keep in mind that unless you've been over the entire island, don't do it, because it might show up on the one route you haven't been to.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

tyblazitar posted:

Team progress: 2/6
Pokémon hatched: ~1900
Almost halfway there! :suicide:

you are a mad man, but i applaud your tenacity. my Masuda method project with Rowlet has yet to bear anything fruitful

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

You scan 10 codes, you get a chance at an Island Scan. Every Island has something specific every day. Code scans come back one every two hours so you can Island Scan once every twenty.

It tells you where to go and gives you a silhouette, you go get one and then it finishes.

e: also drat I can not find a Poni Oricorio. I know I can just nectar another one but I want a native. gently caress off petilil, gently caress off rimbombee

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Seems easy enough. I'll just scan the same code from this stupid imgur album ten times and then Beast Ball something. I'll focus on the ones nobody else has yet so we can get a full dex going!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Seems easy enough. I'll just scan the same code from this stupid imgur album ten times and then Beast Ball something. I'll focus on the ones nobody else has yet so we can get a full dex going!

Need to be different, but you can go to a random QR Generator.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

gotcha ya jerk birb

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

i forgot !!

owned

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
So I finally got my shiny Beast Ball Minior, and I still had a bunch of eggs left. Decided to put most of them together with the almost-perfect IV ones in one box, but there were 4 eggs too many, and of course you can't release eggs. So I figure, hey, might as well hatch 4 more and just release them, I got my shiny, nothing more I want from these.

Well, it turns out, when it rains it pours:

Bit of a waste of luck, but I'll take it! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If I had a cool thing to trade for it I would but I don't. :(