Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

DaveWoo posted:

"I just wish Hillary would leave politics forever!!"

* a couple of weeks pass *

"Why isn't Hillary doing more political stuff??"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Serf posted:

I feel like there's only 2 approaches on this one:

Trump method: deny reality, say it never happened and you can't prove otherwise

Honesty: Yep, that happened and I acknowledge it but at the same time that's not me anymore because people change.

So what you're saying is he actually has only one option, lie, lie like a mother fucker.

Seriously, when has owning up to past mistakes ever had good results in American politics?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Mister Fister posted:

I think it highlights why Clinton was a problem candidate in the first place.

That her and Katy Perry were buds?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

zegermans posted:

That her and Katy Perry were buds?

That constantly surrounding herself with celebrities probably didn't endear her with the poor and working class voters in rustbelt states that she needed.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

"I just wish Hillary would leave politics forever!!"

* a couple of weeks pass *

"Why isn't Hillary doing more political stuff??"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Mister Fister posted:

That constantly surrounding herself with celebrities probably didn't endear her with the poor and working class voters in rustbelt states that she needed.

I'm not sure they very much cared who she spent her time with, as much as that she wasn't spending it with them.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Drive-by posting again to remind anyone that might be in my area:

:siren: WILLIAMSON COUNTY TEXAS GOONS :siren: however many there actually are

There is a meeting Tonight, December 1 @ 6:30 PM located at Third Base, 13301 US-183, Bldg E, Austin, TX 78750. This is an opportunity to meet with democrats and progressives, and make your opinion heard. Don't miss out because it's a Thursday or it's too much time or out of the way, if you actually want to start making a change for the better in Texas be there. I'm heading over in about an hour myself, and it'd be interesting and/or incredibly awkward to see fellow neckbeard goons. Plus you'll get to see me trip over my words while I try to make a point, so bonus!

Travis County goons, come join us too. I went to one of your organization meetings and I think they could probably do with a little perspective of who lives in the counties that aren't under Democrat leadership.

Don't forget, too, that there are two more meetings coming up in the next week for Williamson County. I'll start looking at when the Travis County meetings are tonight as well, but for now I'm finishing up my work and heading out.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

zegermans posted:

I don't understand, would you prefer Hillary Clinton currently take a more active role in having the party recover?

It's more that she promised to "stay and fight" against a Trump presidency and hey it turns out that was just as disingenuous and self-serving as most of the pledges she made!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

It's more that she promised to "stay and fight" against a Trump presidency and hey it turns out that was just as disingenuous and self-serving as most of the pledges she made!

Well I'm sure you'd have a completely entirely better opinion of her if she had done exactly that and it wouldn't be simply "GET OUT HAG"

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

zegermans posted:

Well I'm sure you'd have a completely entirely better opinion of her if she had done exactly that and it wouldn't be simply "GET OUT HAG"

Correct, thanks.

"Hahaha you want sincerity in politicians, how stupud r u|

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

She could donate most of her fortune to charity. Including the money she got from Goldman Sachs. But that's not gonna happen either. Just remember that after these 4 years Hillary and the rest of her friends are gonna be a hell of a lot richer.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

What the DNC was tweeting before we're not burns on Trump or even attempted burns. They posted loving gifs of tv shows nobody gives a gently caress.

Edit:
Also Bern fans need to not rub clearly humiliated and defeated Hillary's nose into the dirt constantly. I know she played rough in the primaries, but we should relish not squander this opportunity for a changing of messaging in the party.

Nonsense has issued a correction as of 23:30 on Dec 1, 2016

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Nonsense posted:

What the DNC was tweeting before we're not burns on Trump or even attempted burns. They posted loving gifs of tv shoes nobody gives a gently caress

When they go low, we go shoe shopping with celebrity friends

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

zegermans posted:

I'm not sure they very much cared who she spent her time with, as much as that she wasn't spending it with them.

Hobnobbing with celebrities/having wealthy celebrities promote you constantly, not visiting rust belt states, and trying to downplay class politics all go hand in hand and reaffirms who she really cares about.

I'm a salaried white collar professional from one of the 'elitist' east coast states and even i find it distasteful. I can't imagine how a working class voter from a rustbelt state feels about that.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

She could donate most of her fortune to charity. Including the money she got from Goldman Sachs. But that's not gonna happen either. Just remember that after these 4 years Hillary and the rest of her friends are gonna be a hell of a lot richer.

She donates 10% of her income to charity. How much do you?

Mister Fister posted:

Hobnobbing with celebrities/having wealthy celebrities promote you constantly, not visiting rust belt states, and trying to downplay class politics all go hand in hand and reaffirms who she really cares about.

I'm a salaried white collar professional from one of the 'elitist' east coast states and even i find it distasteful. I can't imagine how a working class voter from a rustbelt state feels about that.

A lot of this was to try to appeal to millennials, and it largely helped fix the atrocious damage from Bernouts by election day. If appealing to one demo alienated another, then she screwed up her tightrope walk quite clearly.

Zerg Mans has issued a correction as of 23:34 on Dec 1, 2016

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/804452986110013440

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

zegermans posted:

lol I wager that person would miss 10 percent more than Clinton would miss 75%

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

What was the ADL taking issue with?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
There is so much Clinton could do to inspire and grow a progressive movement but just won't do these things. Useless to us really

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

HannibalBarca posted:

I have no idea about specifics, but CNN ran something about his connections to the Nation of Islam.

nopants
May 29, 2004
i was ok with bernie until he belittled my alma mater.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Well, what about them? What's the state of unions now? Are they better or worse off? Have wages for these workers increased?

Do you think that Obama bailing out the auto industry but not bailing out people who were hosed by huge banks was a positive mark or a negative mark?

IIRC the auto bailouts ended up with the companies doing more stock buybacks rather than investing back into the company, so Obama basically made the owners rich without creating any real big change.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Enkmar posted:

There is so much Clinton could do to inspire and grow a progressive movement but just won't do these things. Useless to us really

UHHHHHHHHHH if she tried you'd call her a hag and other misogynist things

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

zegermans posted:

A lot of this was to try to appeal to millennials, and it largely helped fix the atrocious damage from Bernouts by election day. If appealing to one demo alienated another, then she screwed up her tightrope walk quite clearly.

Somehow i doubt millenials would have been a problem either way, but you know what could have sparked more interest in both groups? Having a better platform of what you're going to do as president and actively promoting it better.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
christ

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

HannibalBarca posted:

http://www.adl.org/press-center/press-releases/israel-middle-east/speech-raises-new-doubts-about-Rep-Ellisons-ability.html

quote:

New information recently has come to light that raises serious concerns about whether Rep. Ellison faithfully could represent the Democratic Party’s traditional support for a strong and secure Israel. In a speech recorded in 2010 to a group of supporters, Rep. Ellison is heard suggesting that American foreign policy in the Middle East is driven by Israel, saying: “The United States foreign policy in the Middle East is governed by what is good or bad through a country of 7 million people. A region of 350 million all turns on a country of 7 million. Does that make sense? Is that logic? Right? When the Americans who trace their roots back to those 350 million get involved, everything changes.”

Rep. Ellison’s remarks are both deeply disturbing and disqualifying. His words imply that U.S. foreign policy is based on religiously or national origin-based special interests rather than simply on America’s best interests. Additionally, whether intentional or not, his words raise the specter of age-old stereotypes about Jewish control of our government, a poisonous myth that may persist in parts of the world where intolerance thrives, but that has no place in open societies like the U.S.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

Wow you're loving stupid aren't you. Do you really think I, a disabled veteran, make the same as "I will never release the transcripts" Clinton?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Neeksy posted:

IIRC the auto bailouts ended up with the companies doing more stock buybacks rather than investing back into the company, so Obama basically made the owners rich without creating any real big change.

What a surprise.

But he's really popular guys that's gotta count for something :shepface:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

AI has really strong opinions about the Obama administrations Cash4Clunkers as well. Then again everybody in AI wants leaded gasoline

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Alter Ego posted:

:drat:

Can we please find a time machine and kidnap this man when he was 20 years younger?

He looked and sounded more or less the same back then.

GlyphGryph posted:

They probably want her to do for Bernie what Bernie did for her after he lost the primary : make the rounds building support for him and his plans.

Probably admit that she was wrong and Bernie was right.

Personally not a fan of that, mind you

Frankly, I'm not sure Bernie's plans would benefit from Clinton getting behind them.

zegermans posted:

"Japan forms alliance with white supremacists in well thought out scheme"

Interesting side note, Himmler really admired the Japanese for flaky, superficial reasons, and they were considered "eastern Aryans" in Nazi eyes (or at least by Party racial classification, demonstrating once again just how arbitrary and stupid that nonsense was).

Captain_Maclaine has issued a correction as of 23:50 on Dec 1, 2016

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lol at people not getting that tweet i posted at all

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Nonsense posted:

AI has really strong opinions about the Obama administrations Cash4Clunkers as well. Then again everybody in AI wants leaded gasoline

AI could make their own Jonestown in Cuba

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
It's really awesome how much Israel acts as an undermining force and gatekeeper for any progress in America. The ADL and people like them have destroyed more careers including Jewish ones than even a diehard antisemite could. All in device to a foreign apartheid state.

Also, shame on Keith for prostrating to those racist bullies.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
stock buybacks seriously seem like an easy attack on corporations that arent utilized very often lol. maybe its just hard to weaponize phrasing.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Al-Saqr posted:

It's really awesome how much Israel acts as an undermining force and gatekeeper for any progress in America. The ADL and people like them have destroyed more careers including Jewish ones than even a diehard antisemite could. All in device to a foreign apartheid state.

For real. gently caress anyone who profits off war.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al-Saqr posted:

He's not prostrating he's saying he's disappointed in the ADL

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

zegermans posted:

lmfao go gently caress yourself you classist gently caress

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

anime was right posted:

stock buybacks seriously seem like an easy attack on corporations that arent utilized very often lol. maybe its just hard to weaponize phrasing.

It's more complicated to explain why it's hosed up than to go to the usual canard of "we have to outsource because we can't compete!" which sounds logical in its simplicity despite being intellectually dishonest and falls apart under scrutiny.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

zegermans posted:

Please tell us more about your charity flat tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

When did she ever say that? Moreover, when did she ever have an opportunity where she could say that, without tarnishing the entire effort. She spent the last month of the election calling Trump on his bullshit of refusing to accept results if he lost. Regardless of the reality, any effort by her to rally people against him will make the entire thing look like sour grapes, especially since he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

She can't say poo poo against him until February, but at that point she can go to town. Right now, there's nothing to do but wait.

She RUNS one of the worlds most respected charities.

• Locked thread