Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

thatguy posted:

That's not a conspiracy.

I agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
yea why the heck would they have a SM only release build out right now when there was 100% proof of people flyin around in the PU portion of 2.6? even the ship changes are 100% confirmed with screens and vids

a SM only build doesn't make any sense

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Why do they call it OvalTane? The jar is round, the cup is round, they should call it RoundTane!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
You know if you think about it, the script for SQ42 was apparently in one of the PU updates so really, technically Squadron 42 is out right now.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

It's in if you REALLY believe in Chris Roberts. You do believe, don't you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zcgi-iX9UY

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Ghostlight posted:

Wait - there are people who think the third-best Indiana Jones movie is one of the best movies of all time?

gently caress you both! Raiders of the Lost Mother loving Ark was the best movie of ALL of the TIME. I was there when it happened man, I SAW IT!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

The Titanic posted:

According to some people, apparently not. I hope it kills them to know there are highly successful women in the world. I hope there are women in their lives who can look down on them with sufficient contempt that the only thing that makes them sleep at night is the mere thought that if they asked her "think quick, right hand!" they would be justified in dreaming that a woman's place is in the kitchen sand not in "mans world".

That's my Kokoro wish. :>

For what it's worth, I voted for Hillary Clinton, not Dere... I mean Donald Trump.

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Why do they call it OvalTane? The jar is round, the cup is round, they should call it RoundTane!

I down voted this. Horrible use of tane.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

The most baffling thing about this, and there are many, is that he somehow thinks cavemen used to shout 'left a bit, left a bit more, no now right a bit' while out hunting :psyduck:

Here I thought it was the fact he asks people to differentiate between left and right multiple times per day. That's some hilarious... I don't even know.

:v: "Hold up your left hand!"

:toughguy: *slaps dumbass*

:v: "Ow! Why does she do that every time, and it was her right hand! She's soooo stupid."

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Sunswipe posted:

It's in if you REALLY believe in Chris Roberts. You do believe, don't you?

:ohdearsass:

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite is when derek claims he has a lawyer who looks over his blog posts

The worst lawyer on the planet or completely non existant. Either way, its just d smart

Your god

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

yea why the heck would they have a SM only release build out right now when there was 100% proof of people flyin around in the PU portion of 2.6? even the ship changes are 100% confirmed with screens and vids

I would bet good money that Star Marine only started in August when the heat was getting to hot to ignore because of all of the promises Chris has already made and time was running out, plus Chris is almost fresh out of stalling tactics. It is far easier to poo poo out a crappy FPS module in an Engine designed for FPS then be able to deliver 2.6 as well as whatever the dung beetle devs working on SQ WhoopedeeDoo would be able to show.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Madcosby posted:

The worst lawyer on the planet or completely non existant. Either way, its just d smart

Your god

it's his dog

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Madcosby posted:

Your god
:woof:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

Which leads me to conclude it's the correct answer.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

As of this moment, no build has been pushed. And I have no reason to believe that a "SM only" build is every remotely possible. I mean, think about it - how would that even work? Whoever says or thinks that's even possible, is lying. Unless of course they're saying that the build update is only going to contain SM components, and nothing else. Which, if true, means that SM is only now being enabled for Evocati, and never was before.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

As of this moment, no build has been pushed. And I have no reason to believe that a "SM only" build is every remotely possible. I mean, think about it - how would that even work?

See: Steam

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Wrecked Angle posted:

Hey, just a little 'life hack ' for any females reading this, if you clench a fist, hold out your left hand, point your index finger up and stick your thumb out it makes the shape of an 'L'. If you do the same with your right hand it will just be nothing (well, a reverse 'L').

e. like this...

But what if I accidentally use my middle finger? Is that still good for the big, scary world or will I be eaten by the sabertooth cats and never hunt the great big porpoise of the world?

I don't think I can comedy all of the "girls dumb" posts so this is my last! Note it down upon thine scribbled notes, the number of posts necessary to defeat the simple mindless woman. Hopefully that guy can use it in another scientific discovery in a week while also noting how non-sexist his very sexist and insulting comment is.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

At this point it's kind of obvious MoMA's just doing this to yank a whole bunch of chains at once.

Which is entirely in the spirit of the thread so good on him there I guess.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Just found this video of Star Marine multiplayer. They cleaned up the UI it looks pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AwTWq4ryqw

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Wuxi posted:

The best thing about this epic slapfight is that it doesn't matter one bit, because you'd have to drown in kool aid before seeing SM as anything but a giant turd
And its sooo much worse than the Ilfonic demo they showed like 20 months ago anyway. Yay for progress

In addition to "42", and towels, I think CIG have ripped off something else from HHTTG:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_in_The_Hitchhiker%27s_Guide_to_the_Galaxy#Sirius_Cybernetics_Corporation

"It is very easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of [their products] by the sense of achievement you get from getting them to work at all. In other words—and this is the rock solid principle on which the whole of the Corporation's Galaxy-wide success is founded—their fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by their superficial design flaws."

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

But what if I accidentally use my middle finger? Is that still good for the big, scary world or will I be eaten by the sabertooth cats and never hunt the great big porpoise of the world?

I don't think I can comedy all of the "girls dumb" posts so this is my last! Note it down upon thine scribbled notes, the number of posts necessary to defeat the simple mindless woman. Hopefully that guy can use it in another scientific discovery in a week while also noting how non-sexist his very sexist and insulting comment is.
remember when that one INN guy was like "hey to get more girls playing this game we need more sexy clothes and home decorating" and they all nodded cheerily in agreement

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

thank you for getting me through another workday, thread

Today has been a classic day. I loved the slap fight gif, and it is so utterly true. MoMA is in rare form and it's rather funny. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Wrecked Angle posted:

This is clearly the truth of the matter.

Cig gives bespoke builds to each avocado, some with Star Marine, some without. Some have gun x, some don't. Some have red lazors, some have green ones. This way they can have 100% definitive proof who the leaker is.

Star Marine, Sniper gun 253, Green lazors, Glass shattering 2.02 - That's BUTTK1KK£RR42's account, we've tracked Derek down!

You uncovered Chris Roberts plan with pixel coloring. Only we didn't hear the full sentence!

"I want this pixel to be green.... for xXSephirothXx. I want this pixel to be blue... for MadGamerz69. I want this pixel to be red.... loving ANGRY RED... for Major Tom." :argh:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

As of this moment, no build has been pushed. And I have no reason to believe that a "SM only" build is every remotely possible. I mean, think about it - how would that even work? Whoever says or thinks that's even possible, is lying. Unless of course they're saying that the build update is only going to contain SM components, and nothing else. Which, if true, means that SM is only now being enabled for Evocati, and never was before.

Do us all a favor and put the last three people you have on ignore so that it's just you talking to yourself in this thread for the rest of the year.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

Do us all a favor and put the last three people you have on ignore so that it's just you talking to yourself in this thread for the rest of the year.

Nice. This is a good retort.

Also, probably accurate.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Madcosby posted:

Your god

I'll give this a tepid 3.5/10. But i'll still give you a quote since trolling this thread is way better than what is actually going on here.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
Is this the real life?
Is this just Star Marine?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from Evocati.

Open your eyes,
Look up to the 'verse and see,
I'm just a poor boy, I need no Idrisies,
Because I'm easy come, easy go,
Little ships, little posts,
Any way the builds go, doesn't really matter to me, to me.

MoMA, just killed a man,
Put a NDA against his head,
Got him triggered, now he's dead.
MoMa, The Thread had just begun,
But now You've gone and thrown it all away.

MoMA, ooh,
Didn't mean to make you cry,
If it's not updated this time tomorrow,
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters.

Too late, Derek's doxxed again
Sends shivers down my spine,
Mod's are aching all the time.
Goodbye, Star Citz, I've got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth.

MoMA, ooh (any way the builds go),
I don't wanna update,
I sometimes wish I'd never backed at all.

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Star Marine, Star Marine, will you be in 2.6?
Hurricane and fighters,
Very, very frightening me.
(Gladius) Gladius.
(Gladius) Gladius,
Gladius Carrack-o
Freelancero-o-o-o-o.

I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me.
He's just a poor boy from a poor family,
He can still tell his left from his right.

Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?
Derek Smart! No, we will not let you go. (Let him go!)
Derek Smart! We will not let you go. (Let him go!)
Derek Smart! We will not let you go. (Let me go!)
Will not let you go. (Let me go!)
Never, never let you go
Never let me go, oh.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Oh, MoMA mia, MoMA mia (MoMA mia, let me go.)
Croberts has a Constellation put aside for me, for me, for me.

So you think you can dox me and spit in my eye?
So you think you can ban me and leave me to die?
Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby,
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here.

(Oh, yeah, oh yeah)

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters
It's never gonna be (pause) released.
Any way the builds go.

RIP my man Freddie.

Lonos Oboe fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 2, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Madcosby posted:

his dog

got im coach

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

God drat this thread got salty. Hey remember when we would all laugh at CIG's screwups together? Like maybe a few hundred or thousand pages ago?

Those were good times.

I think you guys might be losing sight of the point. Whether SM is in the game, or is a .pak file clogging up some nerds' bandwidth, or whether it's canned, you know it just doesn't really matter. It's going to be garbage. It was garbage on the livestream and it will continue to be garbage, no matter how many thousands of dollars that autists throw at it. Same for SC in general. Chill out.

Post some bunnes and cattes and be happy, ya'll.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

remember when that one INN guy was like "hey to get more girls playing this game we need more sexy clothes and home decorating" and they all nodded cheerily in agreement

They said that because they knew if they said something like "actual gameplay" the hand of Wolf would have descended on their unpaid, sucker jowls.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Propagandist posted:

God drat this thread got salty. Hey remember when we would all laugh at CIG's screwups together? Like maybe a few hundred or thousand pages ago?

Those were good times.

I think you guys might be losing sight of the point. Whether SM is in the game, or is a .pak file clogging up some nerds' bandwidth, or whether it's canned, you know it just doesn't really matter. It's going to be garbage. It was garbage on the livestream and it will continue to be garbage, no matter how many thousands of dollars that autists throw at it. Same for SC in general. Chill out.

Post some bunnes and cattes and be happy, ya'll.

The best of times, the worst of times. Enjoy all of the times like diamonds, my friend. :)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The only issue with doing a toxx over Star Marine is I don't really see anyone in here who can prove definitively one way or another that it's straight up not in the current build.

Unless anyone wants to lose their super secret evocati status by livestreaming it so they can get Uncle Derek banned lol.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

The only issue with doing a toxx over Star Marine is I don't really see anyone in here who can prove definitively one way or another that it's straight up not in the current build.

Unless anyone wants to lose their super secret evocati status by livestreaming it so they can get Uncle Derek banned lol.

:grin:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

Are you trying to get steam to come out of The Titanic's ears?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

The only winning move is to not play.

Which is fine cause it's all mostly unplayable anyway.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Beet Wagon posted:

but seriously, livestreaming an evocati build would be the ultimate gently caress you to CIG

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

nawledgelambo posted:

but seriously, livestreaming an evocati build would be the ultimate gently caress you to CIG

Agreed. In fact, I told Beet that I would sweeten the pot.

quote:

If they can prove that SM was in Evocati from the original release, I won't engage in ANY Star Citizen discussion for the rest of the year. No trolling. No blog. No posting about it. At all.

The key is that I believe that they will try to push SM in the coming builds. So given that Shitizens are lying bastards, if they take up the challenge after that happens, that's cheating - then I'm hosed.

So, I'm not even going to update my build; this way I can take a screen cap of the current build to match theirs (which would be different)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

This loving thing created the current fiasco on earth.

And the ironic thing is...the game has created nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Rest of the year eh....yea thats a huge sacrifice

• Locked thread