Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

I've never heard of this movie and it is SO my bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Ominous Jazz posted:

I've never heard of this movie and it is SO my bag.

I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix. And it's definitely worth watching!

Talky
Mar 26, 2010
Just wanna confirm that A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night is dope as hell and a few screen-grabs from this would definatley fit your criteria

edit: and it is in fact on Netflix

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Ominous Jazz posted:

That's a pretty good goof but here's where it gets tricky:
I'm playing a middle aged muslim woman who is a vampire and THAT as you can imagine is hard to come by.

You're right. This is all I could come up with.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Ominous Jazz posted:

That's a pretty good goof but here's where it gets tricky:
I'm playing a middle aged muslim woman who is a vampire and THAT as you can imagine is hard to come by.
I was gonna say look up Assamite but then i did, cheesecake muslim vampire wall to wall, lol.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I think this might work for an interesting character:

Author's blog with more art.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I have a request

Any descent Minotaur pics that are of the public domain?

googlefu failed me. :(

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Megazver posted:

I think this might work for an interesting character:

Author's blog with more art.

Why did his hair suddenly turn from red to brown?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Dick Burglar posted:

Why did his hair suddenly turn from red to brown?

tl;dr Autoportraits, author draws him(her?)self with different hair depending on his moods.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Elf yourself.

https://twitter.com/adorukuf/status/800333776500858881

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
here's something for the person asking for fishpersons a while back

more stuff http://ldra.net/php-monster/gallery.php?q_dir=.%2Fimg%2F02rept

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The cowturtle is best.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I'm running a short campaign set in Sigil and I need NPCs, that is to say weird-looking humanoids (and not-so-humanoids) who might otherwise live relatively normal lives. I'm really pushing the "melting pot of the multiverse" aspect of the city so the weirder the better.

Also hot modrons.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Hardcordion posted:

I'm running a short campaign set in Sigil and I need NPCs, that is to say weird-looking humanoids (and not-so-humanoids) who might otherwise live relatively normal lives. I'm really pushing the "melting pot of the multiverse" aspect of the city so the weirder the better.
Grabbed everything that looked suitably weird-ish from my various folders and tossed em here for you http://imgur.com/a/ZNiyO/layout/grid.

The portraits for godlikes from Pillars of Eternity are pretty great for weird.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

I've seen this image numerous times and never did it dawn on me that she's holding a baby displacer beast.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.
I'm starting up a game of the Emissary RPG next Monday and I want to get some more character inspiration pictures. It's a science-fantasy game heavily influenced by Dune and The Incal/ Metabarons, as well as a slew of traditional science fiction. I've been trolling around for pulpy, out-there but not too cheesy character designs for inspiration but I'd love to see what anyone else has.

Especially guys. All the sci-fi/fantasy pictures I can find of men tend to be towering faceless meat-stacks swinging giant guns and swords around.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Zeerust posted:

I've been trolling around for

Trawling around for, god damnit, TRAWLING! :argh:

Trawling is to fish with a net or sift through things (like a net full of stuff you fished up). Trolling is different and not used in this sort of context.

Edit: I was looking up sci-fi guys and came upon this. It owns.

From the original '89 version of 'Hard to Be a God'.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 1, 2016

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Dick Burglar posted:

To trawl is to fish with a net or sift through things (like a net full of stuff you fished up). Trolling is different and not used in this sort of context.

Dude, he just trolled you!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Zeerust posted:

I'm starting up a game of the Emissary RPG next Monday and I want to get some more character inspiration pictures. It's a science-fantasy game heavily influenced by Dune and The Incal/ Metabarons, as well as a slew of traditional science fiction. I've been trolling around for pulpy, out-there but not too cheesy character designs for inspiration but I'd love to see what anyone else has.

Especially guys. All the sci-fi/fantasy pictures I can find of men tend to be towering faceless meat-stacks swinging giant guns and swords around.

got some stuff here

https://au.pinterest.com/brendannstarkey/characters-post-modern/

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Chris Moeller and Iron Empires.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

not having DiTerlizzi handle all the art for the tieflings in 4e was a huge mistake

god, 4e tieflings were a huge mistake

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
What, you don't like that tiefling women are sexy pink titty witches with horns, and tiefling men are lumpy pink Klingons?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Keeping the 4e tiefling aesthetic was the biggest surprise of all of 5e for me.

I don't straight-up hate it, but...

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Halloween Jack posted:

What, you don't like that tiefling women are sexy pink titty witches with horns, and tiefling men are lumpy pink Klingons?

TBF Klingons own.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.

Dick Burglar posted:

Trawling is to fish with a net or sift through things (like a net full of stuff you fished up). Trolling is different and not used in this sort of context.

I'm not doing it commercially, so... :colbert:

Oh dang this is all basically perfect, thank you!

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Hey I just wanted to post this here because it looks like it would be perfect for "old sci-fi military general" or possibly "rogue trader".

I can't get over that poo poo-eating grin.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

"You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little hosed up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?"

(I know, it's probably not a clownfish but that's what popped into my head)

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Zeerust posted:

This is a little off-topic, but Emissary RPG looks interesting and there is zero non-publisher information about it so far. Could you tell us a little more about it? What's the setting like, the system?

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

whoda thunkit posted:

"You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little hosed up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?"

(I know, it's probably not a clownfish but that's what popped into my head)

That's a Siamese fighting fish. He doesn't monologue. He just straight off fucks you up with his staff before anyone can say a word.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

Megazver posted:

This is a little off-topic, but Emissary RPG looks interesting and there is zero non-publisher information about it so far. Could you tell us a little more about it? What's the setting like, the system?

The setting is kind of a big science fantasy hodge podge, in a good way IMO. The PCs are the superhuman agents of a galactic Empire run by a psychic continent-sized tumour that teamed up with a supercomputer and a piece of impossibly powerful alien technology. There's no alien civilisations but over millions of years humans have split into a bunch of transhuman races, giving you a bunch of different character options, including playing as a robot. There's lots of fun stuff in the setting detail like uplifted animals, messianic genetic engineering and a planet that stores dead people as information.

Rules-wise it's a pretty simple system; I wouldn't say it has much 'wow' factor but it gets the job done and doesn't get in the way of storytelling. You have a WoD-esque array of characteristics and skills and beat target numbers by rolling 2d10 + characteristic + skill. Combat is super lethal but the PCs get a lot of ways to mitigate threats using the Emissary powers, like rerolling dice or ignoring damage. The powers ramp up insanely as you buy new powers, you can eventually do stuff like raising the dead, bestowing sentience on machines, preventing all hostile action for a radius of miles or punch something an infinite number of times.

My main beef is a weird system for buying stuff and the fact there are two skills for rolling to remember things in a game about being the spirit-warriors of a posthuman triumverate. Otherwise, I'm a big fan at present. Also the book has really nice artwork and actually has sane formatting! I backed the Kickstarter for the full print edition and I'm really looking forward to it. The writer is a really nice guy who has personally cleared up a lot of rules questions for me.

TL:DR; Game good. I hope it gets its own thread at some point, like when the print edition with the errata finally gets done!

E: \/ this guy knows what's up. The tutorial scenario even makes an offhand reference to 'pickled cyberbrains'. \/

Zeerust fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Dec 4, 2016

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Now I wanna run or play that game and further smash elements from EYE Divine Cybermancy into it.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Zeerust posted:

TL:DR; Game good. I hope it gets its own thread at some point, like when the print edition with the errata finally gets done!

Sounds cool. There's also a thread asking about it on RPG.net now, you might want to repost this there, give the game a bit of a visibility boost.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Looking for a black knight that is not just a mass of spikey armour, if anyone's got anything like that.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Saved a couple pics for my vengeance pally, I dunno, might work for you:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Jade Mage posted:

Looking for a black knight that is not just a mass of spikey armour, if anyone's got anything like that.

Here's some: http://imgur.com/a/1OlA3

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Anyone got any orc kids?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

I need a portrait for a fallen paladin king who now worships devils and will probably be interacting with the players a lot for a while. So far I have this which isn't bad but I'm not finding that many alternatives. Anyone have something?

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 5, 2016

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Anyone got any good minotaur fighters, preferably with swords? All the ones I seem to find have axes or hammers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

did a search for tauren art sword, only thing worth posting was