Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Adult Sword Owner posted:

People can bitch all the gently caress they want about D3 but there's something to be said for "good for X classes, good for Y classes, good for Z classes, the end"

This doesn't capture this at all

well the way they seem to be going now is that for any given hero there might be 1 or 2 artifacts that are simply perfect for them, the damage types match up and every attribute on it is a trait attribute for that hero.

then there will be a large class of artifacts that work well on a hero, maybe the damage types are all or partially matching and same with the attributes.

then finally you have the generic good for everyone artifacts with stats equally useful to every hero, gok, etc.

In the end it does kinda open up the gear variety. Several physical heroes will find that Mape neck is no longer required or even desirable, for example, and some artifacts that were simply outclassed before now find homes on a handful of heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So my stash of useless artifacts that I kept for no logical reason may actually pay off?

Also, I was considering logging on the other day, but I figured it would be a waste of time, since everything is going to be different soon enough anyway.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

jujojoh posted:

Because we don't have the infrastructure to download 50gb games

Where the gently caress you live in Canada? Fuckin Yellowknife or something?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
They use metric gigs up there I think so it's bigger.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Are we even sure Canada is what we remember of it? It's been years since I have been and now that it's 12/1/2016, I don't even know.

For all I know, Canada may be in the belly of Moby Dick and all the people there wear their pants on their heads and shirts on their feet. Internet may be run through a ration system served only between the hours of 7-2pm. I just don't know.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

ponzicar posted:

So my stash of useless artifacts that I kept for no logical reason may actually pay off?

Also, I was considering logging on the other day, but I figured it would be a waste of time, since everything is going to be different soon enough anyway.

someone compiled all the archetypes for every hero here http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/303723/all-59-heroes-offensive-traits-png#latest

same thread a couple posts down someone typed it up as categories so you can see which heroes certain artifacts will be best for (note: Emma is a Templar normally but a Tank in diamond form)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I thought about fighting that she-hulk one but ehhhh

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

it pairs her with juggernaut so it's canon

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Are we even sure Canada is what we remember of it? It's been years since I have been and now that it's 12/1/2016, I don't even know.

For all I know, Canada may be in the belly of Moby Dick and all the people there wear their pants on their heads and shirts on their feet. Internet may be run through a ration system served only between the hours of 7-2pm. I just don't know.

It's 1/12/16 you mutant.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Wow how do you know canadian geography so well? You must be from Nunavut.

No, nearby Toronto area but 50gb for digital goods you pay higher price than physical good is a goddamn joke

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PSN had 10% off and no tax.

You don't have an XBox, do you? That's bannable around here.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

wait what?

drat it

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

wow, all your ideas for monsters unleashed are so uninspired. i think mr gaz will turn a new leaf and surprise us all

i bet they'll make sauron along with muspelheim and limbo bosses 10x their normal size plus make you fight giant, moloid, demon and snakeman trash. marvel will be great again :shepface:

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

we've been over this the servers can't handle that much size increase

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

for this event please enjoy additional Rocket Rex spawns inside the Act 7 zone, Savage Lands

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

the new itemization changes for artifacts are a good step

attributes are actually useful for each char now and different combos will be perfect for some and not others. it will actually create a scenario where it isn't gok/flag/mane/mape on every phys bleeder

also maybe a reason to actually put different challenge tokens on everything

omega gear is still stupid as poo poo though

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I really hope it's not just cosmic gear with a special mod on it...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It literally is though?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Good news. The mods won't be special, they'll be lame.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

no idea what to expect at this point but yeah I bet it will be disappointing

at least they'll get a couple weeks of TC time to fix it, right???

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Due to TC issues with people hot-swapping omegas in combat to take advantage of multiple skill mods that were intended to be exclusive, we have introduced a 2 second channel time for equipping items.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Movement builds are still dead so who loving caaaaares

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

It sounds like the random stats on Omegas are sorta similar to cosmic items except they will include primary attributes and possibly remove attributes people don't care about. They might have mentioned something about rating percentage stats or maybe people were asking about it.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:cosmic2day:

Aphrodite posted:

PSN had 10% off and no tax.

You don't have an XBox, do you? That's bannable around here.

I bought my copy for 50 plus tax. Digital copy with 10 off is 72 total in cad. Only in gaz math that digital would win out

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Movement builds are still dead so who loving caaaaares

not yet my man, goblin can still move around while dealing damage like a madman and juggernaut right now can be an insanely mobile beacon of destruction

changes to surfer are still pending so the verdict on him is still waiting, but they know people hate what he is now so maybe they'll pull through

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

and

quote:

Preview of Ultron's iteration notes, since I'm sure you guys are chompin' at the bit... and because I can't stop playing this iteration. Summoner Ultron is quite fun and active now, in this humble designer's opinion. Less passive, and feels more like an army-commanding robot overlord.

Ultron

Bandwidth has been removed as a mechanic from Ultron. Expect further changes to the tuning of his talents in future TC updates, as they were tuned with Bandwidth in mind.

Ranged and Melee drones are no longer active powers for Ultron, and have been replaced with Detonation Drones and a new power, Air Support.

Air Support orders a flying drone to sweep the area in front of Ultron, dealing damage to enemies in a line. This power scales with Summon Ally Damage.

Ranged and Melee drones are now located in Talents, replacing the former "Super Drones" and Explosive Drones talents. These two talents will summon 3 Drones of that type automatically while Ultron is in combat. These drones last 30 seconds with a 30 second cooldown, and automatically come outfitted with their 'Enhanced' weapons from the former talent.

Concussive Force talent has been merged together with Maximum Force.

In the place of Concussive Force, a new talent (Legion) has been created, which causes both Detonation Drones and Air Support to call in 2 additional Drones.

Relay Target Coordinates now also causes Operation: Swarm to reduce the cooldown of Detonation Drones and Air Support by 2s when used.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Ghostlight posted:

Due to TC issues with people hot-swapping omegas in combat to take advantage of multiple skill mods that were intended to be exclusive, we have introduced a 2 second channel time for equipping items.

They are messing up Magik right now since you could hotswap her summons on and off the action bar so I wouldn't be surprised if this happens

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

that sounds neat

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

(Drops off Doctor Octopus and the Superior Spider-Clone)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Grim Reaper is known for his usage of pets.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
"Oh, yeah, there was that Silver Surfer movement build thing, right? Gotta try to do something about that. Also, grammar is hard."

AgentVapor posted:

• Subspace Slipstream restores one charge of Board Dash for each stack of the buff it consumes (up to it's original 3).
  • Death from Below and Repulse restore a charge of Board Dash on hit.

New Rogue changes too!

AgentVapor posted:

• Rogue's Stolen Power (Active) Slots have moved back to her 2nd tree, and most melee powers have been merged into her 1st tree.
  • Two more Stolen Power (Passive) slots have been added. A restriction will be added which will prevent more than one Passive with a Secondary Resource from being chosen at once.
  • Rogue now has a three sets of simple Talents, intended to help customize her chosen build and play pattern. They aren't quite as complex as some hero's talents, but should help to make builds feel more complete.
  • Updated Rogue's (placeholder) Stolen Power icons for more clarity on type - active stolen powers are denoted with green, passives are red.
Her talents are:

Tier 1:
  • Recall Overload cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds.
  • Recall Overload deals Mental damage, and its Spirit regeneration is increased 20%.
  • Recall Overload deals Physical damage, and has a 5% higher Critical Hit chance.
Tier 2:
  • Stolen Power damage +15%, Stolen Power Spirit costs reduced 10%.
  • Marvelous Physique damage +15%, Marvelous Physique Spirit costs reduced 10%.
  • All incoming damage reduced by 5%, max Health increased 35%
Tier 3:
  • Gloves Off is activated whenever you use Recall Overload automatically.
  • Movement speed of Aerial Onslaught increased, and hitting with it reduces Kree Charge CD by 1s. Kree Charge max charges +1.
  • Extreme Drain and Drain Life deal 20% more damage and restore 50% more health.

And Storm, not that anyone gives a toss.

AgentVapor posted:

• Spirit has been replaced with Tempest as Storm's Primary Resource. No powers directly spend Tempest - instead, it acts as a waxing/waning buff meter. Tempest is gained while in combat, and when fill, it triggers a Tempest Surge buff that decays the Tempest meter, lasting until the meter is drained.
  • Thundering Maelstrom, Storm Surge, Billion Volt Strike, and Hurricane Winds require Tempest Surge to be active to be used.
  • Storm Surge now freezes enemies, always critically hits, and summons two Tornadoes. These effects that used to be found in talents have been merged directly into the power.
  • Crashing Hail changed to support 2 simultaneous areas of effect.
  • Elusive Shock now has a 4s cooldown and the hit radius of the lightning effect has been increased.
  • Gale-Force Winds now generates extra Tempest
  • Healing Rain has moved to Storm's 3rd row, and now triggers Rapid Healing when Typhoon is used.
  • Foreboding Winds now increases Tempest generation effects by 20%, allows Storm Surge to be used without Tempest Surge being active, and lets it instantly fill your Tempest meter.
  • Typhoon now instantly fills the Tempest meter.
  • The Tempest talents now cause their effects to be active so long as Tempest Surge is active. Each Tempest talent now provides an additional stat benefit while the Tempest surge buff is active.
  • Fury of the Storm talent has been altered to cause the two Tempest effects you have not chosen to also be in effect whenever Tempest Surge is active, essentially enabling all 3 Tempests at once.
  • Always Strike Twice talent now transforms Gale-Force Winds into a channeled cone lightning power that stuns enemies.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 2, 2016

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Trying to think who can use these. Taskmaster, though I doubt they'll compete with +all attribute items. I guess there are a few hybrids who could take advantage, but none who really do 90% phys damage and splash and energy move in for procs, that I can see. They're all very split damage types.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
It's good for someone like Kitty Pryde who is a Speed/Energy hero in the new system but deals mostly physical damage, particularly if you play without the dragon.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

MMAgCh posted:

"Oh, yeah, there was that Silver Surfer movement build thing, right? Gotta try to do something about that. Also, grammar is hard."
Ok now give this to Nova and make Green Goblin's dash refund a charge if it hits a target who's already bleeding. Thank you in advance and god bless.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Aphrodite posted:

Grim Reaper is known for his usage of pets.

There was an arc around the third year of the Kurt Busiek Avengers run where he brought back a bunch of dead Avengers to fight the not dead ones, good enough for Gaz

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
It also references both his appearances in-game, where he usually is bringing back a bunch of dead people to serve as minions.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Grim Reaper appears outside of Doom's castle?

Huh...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Is that a special move that he uses if you don't kill him in five seconds?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Grim Reaper appears early on in chapter 3 where he resurrects a bunch of HYDRA mooks to fight you. Or at least he did before the revamp.

Also, invulnerability possibly to be going the way of the dodo as well:

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/804832456289329152

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Good, that was one of the worst crutches the game had.

• Locked thread