Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Firestorm transmuting the bomb into water was cool, but the collateral damage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Now 2 Earths have female presidents.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Good Superman joke.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

ha, Kara looks like Ray's cousin :allears:

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Oh god it took me about 5 seconds for that cousin joke to kick in but it was fantastic...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Thank-you show, I wanted a Routh Superman joke, and you delivered.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Kind of a huge crowd to keep a secret and you know all the loving witnesses.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Carlosologist posted:

ha, Kara looks like Ray's cousin :allears:

He was great as Superman and that movie was underrated

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I will accept this as a way to get her around more often.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

"Skirt, call me."

Mick pushes the crossover into all-time great status

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yessss , Mick.

edit:

LoL " Pound Town"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It didn't quite stick the landing, but the whole thing was still a lot of fun.

That preview for next week :neckbeard:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Holy poo poo that next week promo was only 20 seconds long but I'm already excited.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It was kind of weird that Legends were kind of basically accessory characters in this episode since it's like their show.

Just kind of odd to end with Barry and Oliver when you know the other episodes had more to do with the people that were in that show.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Mick's gonna be right in his element with Al Capone being involved. Can't wait!

It was worth the build-up they did this week to get to the real crossover episode tonight. It was time for Legends to get a little time in the spotlight in the DCTV universe.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
There was so much "Barry Allen you hosed up." this episode that I am surprised Reverse Flash didn't show up to soak it all in.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Hollismason posted:

Just kind of odd to end with Barry and Oliver when you know the other episodes had more to do with the people that were in that show.

I mean on the one hand yes, but on the other, Barry and Oliver are the lynchpins of the whole shebang, so it makes sense to end their most ambitious crossover with them.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Neon Knight posted:

There was so much "Barry Allen you hosed up." this episode that I am surprised Reverse Flash didn't show up to soak it all in.
Seriously, I was wishing for him to pop up just to enjoy some Barry Allen misery. Alas it'd probably just take up more time than they had.

Though really I don't understand why no one on the LOT team was like "hey Barry so we're dealing with an evil speedster" and asked if he knew anything.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So Barry and Supergirl just planted torture chips on all the aliens at superspeed and they stopped a whopping one bomb. And then the aliens left. And that's the victory? I mean, I guess it'd be cliche if Cisco and Stein used the transponder and a Macbook to upload a virus to the mothership and blow up all the other dropships, but I mean come on, this is hardly a conclusion. The threat is still very much out there and active. It'd be like if Arrow's season finale was just Prometheus taking off and then Oliver going "HE'S DEFINITELY NOT COMING BACK" (although I think this is literally the scriptwriting process for Merlyn nowadays).

lotus circle posted:

Seriously, I was wishing for him to pop up just to enjoy some Barry Allen misery. Alas it'd probably just take up more time than they had.

Deleted scenes feature Thawne in the background of basically every scene in this week's Flash episode with an O-face because he loves this poo poo that much.

quote:

Though really I don't understand why no one on the LOT team was like "hey Barry so we're dealing with an evil speedster" and asked if he knew anything.

Next episode starts with Sara facepalming and going "drat, I knew I forgot something before we left!"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Fun crossover, but I am disappointed Sara didn't try to pick up Supergirl.

Hope they do this again (apparently it was good for ratings.)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Upon further reflection, so the new lady President is there with a whole bunch of military folks, to give this speech with several vigilantes behind her which you'd think the President wouldn't be so chill about. And are they being broadcast anywhere or is this a private audience because Barry, Ollie, Ray, and Dig have their masks on and Kara's from another universe so she doesn't have to give a poo poo but then like, Sara Lance, notable believed-to-be-dead person and Mick Rory, convicted criminal and prison escapee are just chilling on stage and no one seems to give all that much of a poo poo. It's so weird. Also weird that the Prez and all her military goons cleared out of the Hangar Of Justice so all the heroes could change into their civilian clothes and party.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 2, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Dominators did nothing wrong. :colbert:

TwoPair posted:

So Barry and Supergirl just planted torture chips on all the aliens at superspeed and they stopped a whopping one bomb. And then the aliens left. And that's the victory? I mean, I guess it'd be cliche if Cisco and Stein used the transponder and a Macbook to upload a virus to the mothership and blow up all the other dropships, but I mean come on, this is hardly a conclusion. The threat is still very much out there and active. It'd be like if Arrow's season finale was just Prometheus taking off and then Oliver going "HE'S DEFINITELY NOT COMING BACK" (although I think this is literally the scriptwriting process for Merlyn nowadays).

The Dominators should team up with the Thanagarians and conquer / wipe out earth. Every season Barry or the LoT crew should add another race that hates us.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Fun crossover, but I am disappointed Sara didn't try to pick up Supergirl.

Hope they do this again (apparently it was good for ratings.)

From an interview

quote:

What were some of the scenes that you wanted to get in to the episodes that were left on the cutting room floor?

Kreisberg: There was a little exchange between Sara (Caity Lotz) and Kara (Melissa Benoist) where Sara says “hey, do you want to get a drink when this is all over,” and Kara says, “I think you wanna meet my sister.”

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I really liked that they were like gently caress IT and used the Hall of Superfriends as the base, which was wonderful.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This was just...so badly-done and inept on basically every level? Just the plot and writing and acting and...god, I started having flashbacks of that cheap-rear end 1997 Justice League film during that finale. Good lord, I feel dirtied right now.

...I want like five more episodes of this. :buddy:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I actually thought that the special effects were good. It was obvious that they were like " Yea we don't have the budget for this" and instead focused on silly sub plots to solve that with a lot of talking.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I appreciated Felicity's time travel speech gibberish being "DARMOK AND JALAD AT TANAGRA".

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Okay you know, thinking about it even more, I think I would have been more satisfied if the crossover literally copied Independence Day. Cisco (or Stein or Felicity pick whichever CW tech person) and Thea could take the stolen Dominator dropship and hack the Dominator mothership (Thea would be Will Smith and smoke a large cigar while Cisco works). Then they can have one of the Hawks guest star as the Randy Quaid role and blow up the Dominator mothership by flying directly into their main weapon. You know, it kills two birds (literally) with one stone: the Dominators are gone and we also never have to deal with the risk of Hawkpeople returning.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I aggressively do not care about this show and the crossover did not change that. I will say, however, that I can see why someone might. It's mostly down to Mick "If It Ain't On Fire, I Don't Give A gently caress" Rory and Sara "I Will gently caress Every Hot Person In Human History" Lance.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Rory and Sara confirming the hotness of the new president was great, as was that shot of Ollie skipping an arrow off the asphalt to shoot under the car and nail the guy on the other side right through the ankle.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Can someone explain why Cisco thought going back to chat with a Dominator was the same as Barry loving up the entire universe?

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

BrianWilly posted:

Can someone explain why Cisco thought going back to chat with a Dominator was the same as Barry loving up the entire universe?

I think Cisco was thinking about them going back in time and then saving the Dominator.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah but why is that bad?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah but why is that bad?

Because that Dominator went back to his people and went "yeah, Earth is a loving Metahuman nightmare, everyone follow me because I'm going to blow it out of the stars." When "originally", the Dominators would have just left Earth to its lonesome after the skirmish in Oregon. Cisco caused Invasion to happen.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

No, that makes no sense. The Dominators were originally here because of the JSA, and they returned again specifically because of Flashpoint, which would've happened whether Cisco went back in time or not. The Dominator he saved didn't even know Cisco was a metahuman until they talked again, after the invasion started.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"You guys really are Earth's mightiest heroes." No Kara, that's the Avengers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

No, that makes no sense. The Dominators were originally here because of the JSA, and they returned again specifically because of Flashpoint, which would've happened whether Cisco went back in time or not. The Dominator he saved didn't even know Cisco was a metahuman until they talked again, after the invasion started.

Cisco isn't on LoT, he doesn't know how time travel works.

He thinks it's BttF rules.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I like how everyone in universe just casually glosses over the fact that Barry Allen, history's greatest threat, got the President of the United States murdered by aliens. I guess it's all transmuted metabomb water under the bridge.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

His poll numbers were really low, the party had been looking for a way to make it happen for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Again, let's just take one more moment to appreciate the sad reality that even with super powers, time travel, aliens, and future tech, a woman being the President of the United States remains the most unrealistic thing seen over the course of this crossover :smith:

• Locked thread