Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
I never understood why these loving crazy nerds feel like the world owes them a lay. Seriously, how hosed up in the head do you have to be to develop a complex thinking the whole world doesn't want you to gently caress anyone? That's crazy conspiracy loose-change style bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

I like incel goon's subtle insinuation that half the population of the rust belt is 35 year old virgins.

I like that he assumes sex happens after "dates and candies". Old fashioned AND a perv, whatta catch!

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I'd like to slob on a fat knob as I thrust vigorously into a tight twat but I guess it's a really niche market.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Jeff Sichoe posted:

i'm so confused can't we just put our dick where it feels nice to put it? maybe move it in and out a little?

why does it have to be labelled.

You can. And are pansexual. Happy humping.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

areyoucontagious posted:

I never understood why these loving crazy nerds feel like the world owes them a lay. Seriously, how hosed up in the head do you have to be to develop a complex thinking the whole world doesn't want you to gently caress anyone? That's crazy conspiracy loose-change style bullshit.

Putting aside that being a troll or not. There are legit people who believe it. The language like "I'm not buying them chocolates and flowers to get laid". Like they think its a transaction and they did their part but the mean feminazis didn't do their part cause they're jerks. I've heard it argued that incels are probably "on the spectrum" and they don't get normal human relationships. Hense thinking its like buying a coke, but mean women won't sell them one.

So its either sad, or they're idiots. But when they get smug and say "I bought 5 video cards with my chocolate money, who's winning now sexhavers?" I stop caring.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Eikre posted:

Can anybody show me an example of a bisexual person anywhere on earth who is not down for loving androgynes? Can anybody point to even a single bisexual person anywhere in the history of man who, in the face of a rakish twink or pixie chick, gets all pedantic and goes, like, "exCUSE me, I said bi sexual, it is Latin for twice sexual, and I have used up all those sexual. Man or woman, that's it. Just the two. Can't have any kind of short-haired vaginahaver or a freak who has neither chest hair nor big swinging titties. It just wouldn't add up. I cannot transpose any individual trait or or collection thereof from one gender configuration to the other and still deal with it, that would be more than two possibilities! It is simple math and logic."

Nah, man. "Pansexual" doesn't have anything to do with gender orientation, it actually means "My crippling lack of nuance has made me so socially desperate that I will gently caress you even if you are an agendered blob whose most apparent sexual characteristic is a growth of fruiting bodies."

too bad this confession wasn't anonymous

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
You gotta woo and court these bitches, really lay out a full romantic spread, spend serious money, and be a real gentleman until they have to gently caress you. Easier to just spank it to anime.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Jeff Sichoe posted:

i'm so confused can't we just put our dick where it feels nice to put it? maybe move it in and out a little?

why does it have to be labelled.

High heels are not that comfortable

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

When I was younger and dumber I was in a relationship with a girl that turned in to an open relationship.

I thought I loved her, I was a virgin before I met her, and in order to appease her, I opened our relationship up. In my mind I was totally devoted to her, and expected us to involve some random people for threesomes and call it quits eventually.

We made the decision on a Monday night after a big argument. By 10 pm that night she was texting a guy that was "just a friend". The next day I came home to my apartment, which she lived in but did not pay rent for, to find that guy balls deep in her. I was disgusted but tried to get involved, but she pushed me away and told me this was just between those 2.

Over the next month I got laid zero (0) times, never had the energy or was in the correct emotional mindset to try and find a girl, and watched my "girlfriend" get hosed 4-5 times a week, usually in my apartment. Oh and it was always that same guy friend of hers.

I eventually got the good sense to kick her lazy rear end out and sever all ties with her, and have since become a much more stable and normal person who actually has self esteem. I never tell anyone this story because it makes me out to be a spineless coward, and rightfully so.

One thing that does cheer me up - I creeped on the ex-girlfriend's facebook page about a year ago. She has 3 kids, no fathers in the picture, and she lives with her grandparents. I feel bad for the 3 kids but am happy I dodged a bullet. I don't think that makes me a bad person but ehhhhhh

It's cool, anon, you got suckered when you were young and dumb, but you got yourself out, and can think back on it and laugh now :)

quote:

One time I was really horny at work and was in the middle of a very long dry spell. Hadn't gotten laid in over a year.

Thought about just loading up a vid on my phone and squeezing one out quickly in the bathroom, but I was over my data limit for the month and was a cheap bastard above all else.

I can't get it up without some kind of stimulation, so I go looking for something to get the mind going. Found a picture on our secretary's desk of her and her sister on vacation wearing swimsuits. Totally average women but I was so horny it would work. Grabbed the photo along with a pair of socks she left in her tennis shoes under her desk, used the smell of her plus the photo and had one of the better orgasms of my life. Put the socks and photo back without anyone noticing.

The next day she commented that the cleaning crew must have moved her photo lol

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

loquacius posted:

quote:
watched my "girlfriend" get hosed 4-5 times a week, usually in my apartment. Oh and it was always that same guy friend of hers.

All this and Hillary lost? Must be a rough couple of months.

Also, second confession sounds very familiar either from an earlier incarnation of this thread or something.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

The problem is a weird confirmation bias because these weirdos can easily find one another on the Internet instead of being shamed into normalcy. Once again, the old adage "nerds ruin everything" is applicable.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Yeah, the whole incel thing seems to be what you get when instead of using failure as an incentive to improve oneself they just double down on their lovely behavior and blame everyone else for their problems.

I mean, poo poo, I was an introverted little dork all throughout my school days and couldn't manage to get laid until I was 19, so I made a concerted effort to get better at socializing with strangers. That plus the decision to cut myself some slack and not worry so much about finding a girlfriend or picking up girls in bars was pretty much the magic combination, and before I knew it I had a normal social life and sex life.

E:

quote:

I never tell anyone this story because it makes me out to be a spineless coward, and rightfully so.

It doesn't make you out to be a spineless coward at all, just young, inexperienced and naive. Everyone has been there at some point in their lives, and you did better than many of them by wising up and severing. poo poo man, there are grown adults who really should know better that fall for this poo poo all the time, just look at the r/relationships thread.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 2, 2016

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Yeah that all makes heaps of sense but you might as well be speaking the da Vinci code to these foot and mouth artists for all the good it'll do

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

the future is WOW posted:

Yeah, the whole incel thing seems to be what you get when instead of using failure as an incentive to improve oneself they just double down on their lovely behavior and blame everyone else for their problems.

I mean, poo poo, I was an introverted little dork all throughout my school days and couldn't manage to get laid until I was 19, so I made a concerted effort to get better at socializing with strangers. That plus the decision to cut myself some slack and not worry so much about finding a girlfriend or picking up girls in bars was pretty much the magic combination, and before I knew it I had a normal social life and sex life.

The Internet's really good at helping people find others to commiserate with so instead of using failure and ostracization to try and maybe think on yourself and figure out how to improve or even if you need to you can just go find people broken in the same way and double down on it together.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Yeah that all makes heaps of sense but you might as well be speaking the da Vinci code to these foot and mouth artists for all the good it'll do

Oh, I know that; I wasn't trying to change anybody's mind, just sort of long windedly expressing the idea that if I could do it then anyone can.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The Internet's really good at helping people find others to commiserate with so instead of using failure and ostracization to try and maybe think on yourself and figure out how to improve or even if you need to you can just go find people broken in the same way and double down on it together.

Whenever I see posts from those guys I wonder if they would've turned out so retarded without the internet to turn to. I mean, it's only for all of like 5 seconds, but I wonder nonetheless.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I thought pansexual means you'd even gently caress inanimate objects like trees or houses. Or is that omnisexual?

There's too many labels!!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

areyoucontagious posted:

A lot of our culture puts a lot of subtle pressure on pairing off, and in the case of young guys, being sexual active. When these things don't happen for some guys they become really insecure. The longer it doesn't happen the more hopeless they feel.

Being antisocial just makes it worse for them. If they were in much more social cultures they'd be interconnected with more people in their community (friends of friends, neighbors, etc). But for a lot of them their community is the Internet, which isn't terribly helpful at building them up a rapport with women.

Descend to slumber
May 12, 2001

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I thought pansexual means you'd even gently caress inanimate objects like trees or houses. Or is that omnisexual?

There's too many labels!!

If you want to gently caress trees and houses I'm pretty sure that just makes you a garden variety pervert.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
There's still a lot of stigma around transgendered people and so I assume pansexual is shorthand for "I don't care what you were born with or what you have now, I'm only interested in you" whereas bi might signal a more straightforward interest in men or women.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I wonder if pansexual guy's definition of his mom being mean at him was her debating him over the difference between being bi and being pansexual.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
lmao at what may be the only real confession in this whole loving thread derailing it harder than every sincere attempt could dream of

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
My favorite part of the incel post is goons bursting to let everyone know they got cheap as poo poo wedding rings all smug.

"Our wedding rings are made of pennies and cost us $13. Ring and graphics card. Check and mate. :smug: Heh, enjoy your Lego."

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Atlas Hugged posted:

There's still a lot of stigma around transgendered people and so I assume pansexual is shorthand for "I don't care what you were born with or what you have now, I'm only interested in you" whereas bi might signal a more straightforward interest in men or women.

It's this, hth

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I've yet to find anyone identifying as bi who you couldn't also label as pan. I hate to agree with the millennial thing but yeah, it generally seems like you use bi if 25+ and pan if younger.

:shrug: if you're bi and have a problem with trans or non-binary folk you're probably a dickhead

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Descend to slumber posted:

If you want to gently caress trees and houses I'm pretty sure that just makes you a garden variety pervert.

I really hope this pun was intentional

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Glenn Quebec posted:

My favorite part of the incel post is goons bursting to let everyone know they got cheap as poo poo wedding rings all smug.

"Our wedding rings are made of pennies and cost us $13. Ring and graphics card. Check and mate. :smug: Heh, enjoy your Lego."

:same:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My confession is that I'm Pansexual. I will only sleep with little half-goat dudes and only if they first woo me with a rendition of Wings of Change on their flute.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Lodin posted:

My confession is that I'm Pansexual. I will only sleep with little half-goat dudes and only if they first woo me with a rendition of Wings of Change on their flute.

I'm pansexual. I am only sexually attracted to hearing audio move from left to right or vice versa.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

mfcrocker posted:

I've yet to find anyone identifying as bi who you couldn't also label as pan. I hate to agree with the millennial thing but yeah, it generally seems like you use bi if 25+ and pan if younger.

:shrug: if you're bi and have a problem with trans or non-binary folk you're probably a dickhead

They're pretty common in my experience. And they are dicks.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wedding rings actually aren't that expensive, though. Few hundo, only enough to fill a few shelves with legos. It's engagement rings that can hit four digits. Everyone always gets that wrong.

Resisting the urge to type up one of my signature rants about how crooked and evil the engagement-ring industry is to deliver more confessions~~~

quote:

I am an American federal agent living and working in a Central African warzone. I have lived with generalized depression all my life and have been professionally treated for it with excellent results for the eight years I have been employed with my agency, which has been made fully aware of my condition and doesn't seem concerned about it.

Shortly after arriving here four months ago I had an unexpected death of a very close family member, and attempted suicide of another family member, and have dealt with marital strife surrounding my deployment for months well predating my departure. This all in addition to being penned in just outside of a hellish environment. One day, after the suicide attempt, I woke up nearly unable to function in my day-to-day life. I fought back from that point but have developed generalized anxiety disorder if not outright panic disorder, one or both of which now serve as my go-to emotion for any adverse or threatening situation I encounter, and I encounter those things several times daily. I've lost 20 lbs since I got here, but that's about all; I remain in good if not somewhat depleted physical condition. For example, I can still run a sub-six minute mile, but can no longer bench more that 150 lbs, which for me is pretty bad.

My assignment lasts another eight months, and at times, I don't know how I will last. It seems like forever even though objectively I understand that is not a long period of time. I have done a tremendous amount of research on anxiety, as I knew almost nothing about it, and through various CBT practices, meditation, and exercise, I've fought back from the worst of it. But it continues, and I have no idea why. I've put my personal problems somewhat behind me and have tried hard for self improvement. I have no unrealistic concern for my physical well being while here, no matter the conditions surrounding me. I literally don't know what's wrong with me aside from a grave if unfounded concern that I might 'go crazy', whatever that looks like. If my agency knew I was feeling this way, they might pull me out of here, possibly taking from me my security clearance and ruining my career, and also taking my next assignment from me, which will be a highly desirable two years in Western Europe. Anxiety is terrifying and I am struggling to keep perspective in my current environment.

shoo shoo gains goblin

Sorry to snark, mental health is no joke. It's good that you're taking action on your own, but do you have any actual professionals available to you? If not, you probably should, and I'd put in a request. If you're worried about being pulled, you don't have to go into that much detail, just say it's related to the condition they already know about. It sounds like not knowing what exactly is going on in your head is an additional source of anxiety, and a pro could help with that.

quote:

I have been living with my girlfriend for 2 years after dating for around 18 months before that. We never had any fights that weren't resolved, never had any major issues we didn't communicate through, and always seemed to be perfectly matched. So much so, that I planned to marry her. Over Thanksgiving I asked her (divorced) parents both for their permission to marry her, along with her older brother. Old fashioned, but her family is very religious and I wanted to do it as a show of good faith. They were not the biggest fans of us moving in together before we married, but they supported us and I wanted to show them the same respect.

I ordered the ring from a jeweler that a friend recommended, and I took a half day at work Monday to drive three hours to go get it. It was beautiful and she gave me an incredible deal. But more than that, I was about to marry my best friend. I planned to ask her during Christmas, with all of our families in attendance. I was so confident of a "yes" that I didn't even consider doing it in private in case the answer was "no".

Yesterday I got home from work and she was already home, packing her suitcase. I thought she had an emergency meeting for work, but no, she just didn't love me and was leaving me. I asked her to talk to me, that we could work things out, and she said that she had been fighting this feeling for months, but couldn't deny it any more. I asked if there was another man and she said no. She said we shouldn't talk for a while.

I called her parents and asked if she made it to their house okay, and they acted surprised. She didn't tell them any of what happened and never showed up. I got nervous - thinking she had crashed on the drive there. But I went on facebook and saw she was posting updates from that night.

She was with a male coworker, out drinking, and one photo was captioned by her "I love this guy so much!". Maybe this was just her way to blow off steam and forget about me, but I doubt it. She never made it to her parents, and she called her mother and lied, saying that she and I got in a fight and she was staying at a hotel.

I am sitting in a darkened house all alone. I keep crying every few minutes because I look at a Christmas decoration we put up together, or any of the dozens of photos of us on the walls. The ring is sitting on the coffee table. And I checked facebook again - she changed her profile picture to her and that guy.

incel goon smiles grimly

The moral of the story is always talk about marriage before you buy a ring. Talking about the abstract concept will not interfere with your awesome surprise proposal, and it'll help prevent stuff like this. (for God's sake at least return that thing)

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Give me your ring, anonygoon.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

mfcrocker posted:

I'm pansexual. I am only sexually attracted to hearing audio move from left to right or vice versa.

I'm pansexual, I only get off when I get hit in de crotch with skillets

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Grillfiend posted:

I'm pansexual, I only get off when I get hit in de crotch with skillets

Good username/post combo

loquacius posted:

The moral of the story is always talk about marriage before you buy a ring. Talking about the abstract concept will not interfere with your awesome surprise proposal, and it'll help prevent stuff like this. (for God's sake at least return that thing)

This does of course assume that no-one is lying to each other in that process

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
If she just left and you didn't see it coming, your communication was crap. Sorry. It shouldn't happen to anyone.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Agent Africa, here's the bad news: you're probably in a depressive crisis. You are not going to be able to deal with anything at work or life because your anxiety is going to stop you from doing anything challenging. It's probably not going to get better by itself.

You need:
A counselor to diagnose you
A psychiatrist to prescribe you medical leave and probably some antidepressants
Several months of disability leave.

It is NORMAL for people to have a hard time dealing with a bunch of bad things at once, and there is nothing wrong with taking time to recover from personal hits like that. By US law your employer (government or otherwise) is not entitled to the reasons for your medical leave.

The hit to your career has already happened, you are just not acknowledging it yet. If you don't want to cause further damage you will take care of yourself.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I'm pansexual; I only get off when I look at photos that show 180+ degrees field of view.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Putting aside that being a troll or not. There are legit people who believe it. The language like "I'm not buying them chocolates and flowers to get laid". Like they think its a transaction and they did their part but the mean feminazis didn't do their part cause they're jerks. I've heard it argued that incels are probably "on the spectrum" and they don't get normal human relationships. Hense thinking its like buying a coke, but mean women won't sell them one.

So its either sad, or they're idiots. But when they get smug and say "I bought 5 video cards with my chocolate money, who's winning now sexhavers?" I stop caring.

Here is a very funny and very sad documentary on Incels and pick up artists: Shy Boys IRL

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Return the ring a buy some legos

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I bless the gains down in Africa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Nocheez posted:

I'm pansexual; I only get off when I look at photos that show 180+ degrees field of view.

Niccce