Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

For a long time I didn't bother with executions, not until I got the dew n Doritos face stab. I'm regretting the good knows how many executions I gave up. Now I need ten more for phase execution :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Do they have to be pilot executions or can you just do them on Grunts?

Also, killing pilots with Ion's laser is the most satisfying feeling in the game.

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
So the Softball is hilariously dumb to play around with, and this was 100% intentional I SWEAR!
https://gfycat.com/LeftPettyAmazonparrot

People in attrition are real bad at movement, myself included. Also, I needed to download a crosshair overlay. The stock crosshairs for the CAR and Alternator are so annoying to use.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
I dunno how but the Cold War is good. I think the EPG buff also affected the Cold War cause the aoe damage is a lot more generous than I remember. As long as they are touching the aoe range the burst will kill them if you get all hits in.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The spawns on Dome really need some work. I just had the entire enemy team spawn in front of my Ion six or seven times in a row.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Mr.Citrus posted:

For a long time I didn't bother with executions, not until I got the dew n Doritos face stab. I'm regretting the good knows how many executions I gave up. Now I need ten more for phase execution :(
I go for executions whenever I can, and end up dying half the time because melee is finnicky.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
A good place for executions is boomtown roofs, where people rarely turn around, especially right after the match starts.

I got 2 executions and a melee kill because people peeking over the roof do not pay attention to their surroundings.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I really have to ask myself why some people stay in matches like that. Just quit. No shame in being dropped into a 310 - 45 match and bailing, or getting spawn camped and saying "enough".

Sticking it out to the end just lets the garbage matchmaker throw you against the same stacks again. Not smart.

a real chump posted:

A good place for executions is boomtown roofs, where people rarely turn around, especially right after the match starts.

I got 2 executions and a melee kill because people peeking over the roof do not pay attention to their surroundings.

Excellent, will do.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
:wave:

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Diabeesting posted:

So the Softball is hilariously dumb to play around with, and this was 100% intentional I SWEAR!

People in attrition are real bad at movement, myself included. Also, I needed to download a crosshair overlay. The stock crosshairs for the CAR and Alternator are so annoying to use.

It's me. I'm loving horrible at movement. My fingers get all tied up in themselves trying to slide hop, into wall run into slide hop, and i just end up going nowhere. Then i phase shift and go ten feet and get killed. Sometimes i wish it was just a tiny bit harder to stick to walls because i end up looking like a fool in the kill cam trying to climb a wall.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
So I played a few games to test my new PC and went on an absolute tear with Legion. I think between pilots and Titans I had a 10 kill-streak, just Long-Range mode sniping titans as much as possible, and melee'ing any pilots who tried to rodeo me. That and the CAR + Cloak + Tactikill just made me feel unstoppable. I want to try CAR + Stim + Tactikill and see if I can just gotta go fast non-stop all over the map.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
Here's a cool trick a friend linked me. Huck a gravity star at an exploding titan:

http://i.imgur.com/XX1elYV.gifv

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Northstar's threat scope is badass. Also, the Viper Thruster upgrade and shorter Flight Core time are welcome upgrades.

Northstar and Scorch forever!

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

CaptCommy posted:

Here's a cool trick a friend linked me. Huck a gravity star at an exploding titan:

http://i.imgur.com/XX1elYV.gifv

Now try it on a Titan going nuclear. :unsmigghh:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

poor lil guy

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Northstar's threat scope is badass. Also, the Viper Thruster upgrade and shorter Flight Core time are welcome upgrades.

Northstar and Scorch forever!

Hell yeah. Overcore + viper thrusters is the best.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

New phase shift fun fact! If you throw a satchel charge and then phase shift, you put away the detonator automatically. So make sure to plan accordingly.

Additional fun fact: satchel charges wreck titans.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Magnus Condomus posted:

New phase shift fun fact! If you throw a satchel charge and then phase shift, you put away the detonator automatically. So make sure to plan accordingly.

Additional fun fact: satchel charges wreck titans.

Fun Fact: double mash reload to trigger satchel.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I wasn't expecting to see a goddamn Farscape quote in the Eject messages :stare:.

(Wait for the Wheel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbvNQSNDx3Y

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Has Ronins phase shift always totally broken tones lock on or is that new? If not I can't believe i never noticed that.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Added with last patch

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Diabeesting posted:

What overlay are you using? I was looking for one for the same reason but there's a ton of sketchy ones out there and most don't seem to work full screen. I can't run windowed because I need the fps.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Added with last patch

Ah ok so it's not me then.

So far on PS4 I'm seeing a huge influx of Ronin and Northstar. Ronin currently seems like the most popular Titan. He definetly seems more lethal now. Played with him for a while last night and did pretty good but he's still too frail for my liking. People seem to be doing well with him. I don't laugh when I see him without a legion anymore. Northstar still seems incredibly easy to blow into a million pieces while she barely gets a hit in on you though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

veni veni veni posted:

Ah ok so it's not me then.

So far on PS4 I'm seeing a huge influx of Ronin and Northstar. Ronin currently seems like the most popular Titan. He definetly seems more lethal now. Played with him for a while last night and did pretty good but he's still too frail for my liking. People seem to be doing well with him. I don't laugh when I see him without a legion anymore. Northstar still seems incredibly easy to blow into a million pieces while she barely gets a hit in on you though.

Give it Nuclear Eject and use the frailty to your advantage. It's not like you're gonna leave a Ronin on Auto-Titan.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Eh. Everyone is doing that, but I still just walk away from Ronins nuclear eject. I was using it while I used him.

I started using nuclear eject in general again because I'm actually killing stuff with it again, but I think that is just the influx of new players. That poo poo is so easy to avoid.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

veni veni veni posted:

Eh. Everyone is doing that, but I still just walk away from Ronins nuclear eject. I was using it while I used him.

I started using nuclear eject in general again because I'm actually killing stuff with it again, but I think that is just the influx of new players. That poo poo is so easy to avoid.

Yeah since I started running Phase Shift (can't believe I didn't ever try out Phase Shift) the nuke sound just means "hit L1 and take a breather"

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

veni veni veni posted:

ive never really tried to use it as anything other than a zoning tool. if i pop it behind the enemies then they have to leave cover and get shot by my allies, best case scenario i might get a kill but im not really relying on it, ive usually already racked up at least 2 by the time i reach crit

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

:lol:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So, uh, turns out you can kill people with Phase Rewind. :stare:

I was playing with the Dice Roll and had a couple of boosts stocked up that I wanted to get rid of, hit the rewind and popped out with a surprise kill. Sure enough, the killfeed was lit up with my name, though it just listed it as a generic phaseshift murder.

The most accidental of telefrags.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Has anyone used the refracter lens for ion? I tried it on for a match and barely noticed a difference in damage.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 2, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I have been assimilated. I only use tone now. All is well in the world. Tone here.

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

What overlay are you using? I was looking for one for the same reason but there's a ton of sketchy ones out there and most don't seem to work full screen. I can't run windowed because I need the fps.

I use something called Custom Desktop Logo 2.0, which seems to be an old program for companies to put watermarks on their company computers. Then I just uploaded a crosshair and adjusted the x,y coordinates until it matched up. Sorry though, I think it only works in windowed mode :smith: it's still better than the suggestions I've seen to put sharpie dots on your monitor.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Knifegrab posted:

I have been assimilated. I only use tone now. All is well in the world. Tone here.

Welcome to the harmonious chorus, friend. :toot:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Knifegrab posted:

You are inhuman garbage.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Why is there no pie chart for pilot ability usage? I want to look at my negative contributions from always running holo pilot

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Diabeesting posted:

I use something called Custom Desktop Logo 2.0, which seems to be an old program for companies to put watermarks on their company computers. Then I just uploaded a crosshair and adjusted the x,y coordinates until it matched up. Sorry though, I think it only works in windowed mode :smith: it's still better than the suggestions I've seen to put sharpie dots on your monitor.

Ah dang that's the program I found earlier, thanks anyways though. I mostly just want it for the plasma railgun, shooting uncharged shots with that reticle is really annoying even though it's still perfectly accurate. There's got to be a way to do it, shadowplay and origin both do overlays in fullscreen already.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Knifegrab posted:

Mods??

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nuclear Eject and the Reinforced Shield, for preference.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I thought the burst fire mod would be cool but it totally fucks me up. I usually quickly tap ADS before every shot with the 40mm for the extra accuracy while staying mobile (old TF1 habit) and the burst adds a delay which totally fucks it up. Unusable. Reinforced particle wall or critical hit 2x lock-ons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What the gently caress did they do to the MGL and fire star. They are both so ridiculous now.