Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

20-ish is my inference from how his parents (and hala) talk about him, and it seems fitting for a shiteating tournament champ that couldnt complete the trials/become a captain or kahuna and went on a rampage about it

Yeah I guess that makes sense. I suppose I just imagined him being around late 20s than early 20s though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cicadas! posted:

Wait, hold on, did that Figy berry activate at the 50% threshold? Does that Muk have gluttony, or are they flat-out superior to Sitrus berries now?

I mentioned it earlier, but yes I run gluttony on my Muk now. Poison touch rarely did anything as I often had misty terrain up, and there are no good abilities for Muk to take with alchemy. Gluttony lets him eat the figy berry very reliably, so its been working well.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
I can't remember if Scizor needs egg moves or not, so I'm just going to start hatching a box of adamant Scyther in Beast Balls.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

i poop fire posted:

I can't remember if Scizor needs egg moves or not, so I'm just going to start hatching a box of adamant Scyther in Beast Balls.

Scizor does not have any particularly desirable egg moves. Maybe Quick Guard under doubles circumstances.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
someone trade me a loving vanillite/vanillish please and thank you

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Alright, this has probably been discussed in the thread already, but the page I had opened when I hit 'reply' to post was about 80 pages behind the current one. I'm swamped with other stuff, with little time to read the forums and whatnot right now, but I was going to take a quick Pokemon break for an hour or so. There's a problem, though. This goddamn game sync system's not working for me. I have an account set up, but when I go to sign in and sync my game, I get the error message:

"Your member information is currently being processed. Please come back later.
If this message continues to appear after a few hours, please contact customer service."

WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, YOU GUYS? I click 'Support' and all I get are some guides and FAQs. There's nothing else on the whole page that says customer service, unless both me and my ctrl+F are suddenly blind or some poo poo. Any help would be appreciated, and I'm sorry for asking a question that's almost definitely been covered. Please don't hate me for that, and feel free to just link to or quote the already-given answers if that's easier or whatever.

EDIT: I should add that it's been about eight or nine hours, now.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

corn on the cop posted:

I can trade you an egg in a couple minutes.

3007-8185-2405 IGN: Auto

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

i poop fire posted:

I can trade you an egg in a couple minutes.

3007-8185-2405 IGN: Auto

I'm new to this - do I just add you as a friend and wait for you to show up on the Guest List for a page? Thanks btw

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

corn on the cop posted:

I have a few extra vanillish I've caught if you want one

FC: 1865-2964-7758
IGN: nozh

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I got a timid beast ball HA vulpix for a stufful and I'm ok with it

oh it has perfect speed, sp.def, and sp.atk

alright

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 2, 2016

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Martian Manfucker posted:

FC: 1865-2964-7758
IGN: nozh

FC: 3411-4804-2499
IGN: Pat

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

corn on the cop posted:

I'm new to this - do I just add you as a friend and wait for you to show up on the Guest List for a page? Thanks btw

Yeah after we add each other you go to the plaza, make sure it says "internet mode" and not "local wireless mode. Then trade > link trade > find IGN on the list.

Martian Manfucker posted:

Or that.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

i poop fire posted:

Yeah after we add each other you go to the plaza, make sure it says "internet mode" and not "local wireless mode. Then trade > link trade > find IGN on the list.

Or that.

Appreciate it - my dumb rear end was on Local. Martianman sent it to me so we're all good.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So, uh...

I bought Moon on a total whim today even though I literally know nothing about it beyond "the cover 'mon looks cool". Any quicknotes for someone who hasn't played one of these games since right after X/Y came out?

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

So, uh...

I bought Moon on a total whim today even though I literally know nothing about it beyond "the cover 'mon looks cool". Any quicknotes for someone who hasn't played one of these games since right after X/Y came out?

Make sure you Mystery Gift > From the Internet for your free Munchlax
Status effects stop SOS calls for help
The Meowths you catch near the beginning are high enough level to pick up Destiny Knots
Cutiefly owns

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Has anyone been trading both Castform and Vanillite in GTS? Do they both pull in rare pokemon quickly? Has one or the other worked out better?

I'm at 5 more pokemon until I complete my Pokedex and have at least a breeding pokemon for every species. But even after that I want to still try to horde up some UBs and whatever other pokemon that can't breed I can manage to get.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Jarogue posted:

Today I learn that Mubray and Rockruff can breed with each other so you have a 5 IV Rockruff and Mudbray. But anyway your Mudbray and Rockruff is ready

Hopping online now.

e: And will be in and out of the plaza for the next few hours at least, I'm alternating between plaza stuff and grinding/breeding to fill out the dex.

Shiny777 fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Dec 2, 2016

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

that's cool, xurkitree, just one shot everything, even if it's not very effective also take all my lunch money and everything I own :stare:

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I know no one's answered my above question about customer support, but don't worry about it either way. I figured out how to get to the page.

With that taken care of, I've got a friend code question: I see you guys trading codes for pokemon trades and all of that. Is it okay if I were to add some of you guys to my own list, mostly just to have more goon friends to trade and play with in my plaza? I'm guessing there's probably a Nintendo friend code exchange thread somewhere, but I actually just use my DS for Pokemon, so I haven't ventured into other DS-oriented threads yet.

My own code is 2423 - 6765 - 3460. Game/Nintendo name is Marlow. Goons, feel free to add me. Again, I've got no specific goal (like trading or battling) at the moment, but I will eventually, and it'd be nice to have more of you in my plaza.

edit: Oh yeah, it's gotta be a two-way thing, right? Where both parties add one another? Sorry, like I said--I only use it for Pokemon, and I only have one friend on here, so I'm actually kind of inexperienced with this system altogether.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 2, 2016

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

BrainDance posted:

Has anyone been trading both Castform and Vanillite in GTS? Do they both pull in rare pokemon quickly? Has one or the other worked out better?

I'm at 5 more pokemon until I complete my Pokedex and have at least a breeding pokemon for every species. But even after that I want to still try to horde up some UBs and whatever other pokemon that can't breed I can manage to get.

They're both pretty insane. The castform market hasn't saturated yet but it's slowing down as more people catch on.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Shiny777 posted:

Hopping online now.

e: And will be in and out of the plaza for the next few hours at least, I'm alternating between plaza stuff and grinding/breeding to fill out the dex.

Ok i'm on now.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

spit on my clit posted:

20-ish is my inference from how his parents (and hala) talk about him, and it seems fitting for a shiteating tournament champ that couldnt complete the trials/become a captain or kahuna and went on a rampage about it

One thing I didn't notice initially.
Look in Guzma's room. Look at the trophies. They're all bronze with one silver. He's not even a champion. He's just massively overcompensating.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
In case you missed the Arceus for XY/ORAS they're doing a second chance code distribution: North America- ARCEUS20 and Europe: ARCEUS2016

Also don't forget to pick up Mystery Gift Meloetta while you're at it.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Alright I'll add you, I've always got tons of cool poo poo and near perfect breed rejects (Like really really close to perfect, I don't stop until I have perfect mons.) And I practically throw them out for free. 2982-0420-5464, in game name is Cory. I'm also on discord, (cute_korean_girl in the chat) if you hop on discord you'll find tons of other people trading and breeding really, really good pokemon and it's just easier to manage in a chat. It's probably the quickest way to get pokerus and completely legitimate 6IV Japanese dittos too. And yeah it has to be two way, we both have to add each other. I've already got you added though so.

I went into this generation having only played one other pokemon game since Gen 2 very, very casually. Not knowing what an IV, EV or nature was. But with the discord, this thread and nearly 150 hours of gametime... it's changed me... :geno:

i poop fire posted:

They're both pretty insane. The castform market hasn't saturated yet but it's slowing down as more people catch on.

Like part of me is thinking, more people seem to be aware that castform is in high demand and they probably have the same plans to breed a million of them. So they'd be willing to part with more UBs and stuff.

But on the other hand, that means there are probably way more people trading castform which might make vanillite more likely to get a UB or something rare quickly since there wont be as many lowball offers. (I traded away so many castforms for incredibly common almost worthless crap because it was just easier than going out and catching it myself.) So I'm conflicted.

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 2, 2016

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Adventures in chain breeding egg moves:
I spent about 3hrs trying to pass Nihilego's Clear smog all the way onto a litwick before realizing I have a trashbag pokemon that already knows the move.
At least an SOS battle got me a sliggoo. Didn't know Rain Dance would work for weather SOS calls.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

So, uh...

Join the current global mission as soon as you unlock Festival Plaza.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

BrainDance posted:

Alright I'll add you, I've always got tons of cool poo poo and near perfect breed rejects (Like really really close to perfect, I don't stop until I have perfect mons.) And I practically throw them out for free. 2982-0420-5464, in game name is Cory. I'm also on discord, (cute_korean_girl in the chat) if you hop on discord you'll find tons of other people trading and breeding really, really good pokemon and it's just easier to manage in a chat. It's probably the quickest way to get pokerus and completely legitimate 6IV Japanese dittos too. And yeah it has to be two way, we both have to add each other. I've already got you added though so.

Awesome! Added. Despite posting in here and messing with my DS, I'm actually busy right now and can't play immediately, but I thought I'd use the break I'm taking to add friends, since my Global Link thing's not working.

I've added some other people that have posted their info in here, so I encourage any of you guys to add me. I guess I'll go looking for a DS friend code exchange-specific thread in a bit, assuming it exists.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Bogart posted:

I'm willing to hand off these Friend / Level / Heavy Balls to anyone who really likes to have special mons in them. :shobon: I know I won't use em. Catch me in the Discord if you want one. My sn's bombastique.

I'll take them heavy balls off your hands. I like to catch steel types in em'. Anything you want especially?

FC: 5129-5306-3661 IGN Kane

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
So this was pointed out to me

but Cosmoem weighs 999.9kg/2204.4lbs

so uh,

you know

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
drat lillie is strong

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mandatory lesbian posted:

drat lillie is strong

lillie is strong, and real, and she's my friend. :colbert:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wow this thread moves fast...

What's the best EV spread for an Adamant Litten? I'm assuming max Attack, and what else?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What's the best EV spread for an Adamant Litten? I'm assuming max Attack, and what else?

Max attack max HP, he's too slow to make use of his speed start but he can be bulky.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Probably speed, despite the fact that Incineroar only has 60 Base Speed.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Max attack max HP, he's too slow to make use of his speed start but he can be bulky.

Where should I put the little bit that's left over?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
The Incineroar I use is EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe

quote:

The EV spread ensures that Incineroar outruns everything up to uninvested base 80 speed Pokemon. This allows it to outrun support Tyranitar, Clefable, Skarmory, Mega Venusaur, and Buzzwole naturally. Running more speed is not advised because of the fact that it will never be able to outrun base 70+ speed Pokemon that invest significantly in speed (Hoopa-U, Mamoswine, Gyarados, etc.), and running some HP investment helps to augment Incineroar's good bulk with intimidate. Since this set is designed to wallbreak and weaken defensive cores, maximum attack with an adamant nature is required.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/incineroar.3587539/

https://megaclefex.wordpress.com/2016/11/28/pokemon-of-the-week-28112016-incineroar/

Also a good read

Onmi fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Dec 2, 2016

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

So anybody have pokemon concepts they hope get realized next gen? I'm seriously banking on a plague doctor alternate evo for the spritzee line and possibly a durian based counterpart for the Tsareena line.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
They are never gonna make an evolution to an old pokemon other than Eevee again.

There are lots of cool things that could be a pokemon. I'm more interested in them making interesting type combinations. There are lots of type combos that still haven't been done, and even more if you don't count legendaries. In particular I'd like to see what they would do for normal/ghost. Same goes for ghost/fighting but apparently some dumb event pokemon has that typing this gen. What a waste.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Flopsy posted:

So anybody have pokemon concepts they hope get realized next gen? I'm seriously banking on a plague doctor alternate evo for the spritzee line and possibly a durian based counterpart for the Tsareena line.

Finally have bold litwicks with clear smog and in beast balls and the worst IVs possible

It took 20 years for them to make a poison-type legendary, and even then they won't call it that.

Abundant Atrophy fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Dec 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm still amazed that it took them this long to make a Koala Pokémon.

Like seriously, they made a literal garbage Pokémon, a keychain Pokémon and a god drat ice-cream cone Pokémon before it :psyduck:

e: that said, as long as they keep this new style going I'm gonna be happy no matter what they make. SuMo has so many good designs and I feel like a lot of them could fit in with the oldschool gen 1/2 designs. I didn't like the new direction they were heading in with gen 5/6 where everything was getting more abstract and sleek, so whatever game we're getting next I hope we'll see more cute and funny Pokémon :3:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Dec 2, 2016