Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

So how do I get one of those shiny Arty Trucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Captain Cancer posted:

Look forward to being the worst member of a goonsquad real soon, but it'd be nice to play with some people with basic tactical/geographical awareness.

I usually hold that spot pretty well.

Though mostly because I am lagged a little because I play on a projector on a 106" screen. The projector is nice, 1080p etc, but it introduces just enough lag time that it puts me at a disadvantage. I can play much better on my TV upstairs, though the wife and kids would lynch me if I try when they want to watch TV.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Snak posted:

I think expecting the average player to understand the actual strategy of a maps is pretty crazy.

Honestly I've found it's often better to not get C at the start on those maps because whoever does usually tries to steamroll to the other team's spawn, loses C, the "forward" points, and eventually the game.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If it's an objective that has contact with the enemy, I always throw a defend order up right after the cap succeeds. it pays to stick around for a second and make sure we're not going to lose it as soon as we step off the objective.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i got this game early released and was playing non stop for a while and got fairly good at it but i haven't touched it in a week because i got the witcher 3.

i will have to play later and hope my l33t skillz haven't atrophied

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Commie NedFlanders posted:

i got this game early released and was playing non stop for a while and got fairly good at it but i haven't touched it in a week because i got the witcher 3.

i will have to play later and hope my l33t skillz haven't atrophied

Witcher 3 will consume your life for a while.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Zip! posted:

Same way you get a tank. Just pick the truck from the tank spawn point.

Picture unrelated:

http://i.imgur.com/31FRdY2.gifv

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Picture unrelated:

dyin here lol

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Picture unrelated:

WOAH how did you get the special easter egg Michael J Fox character?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've gotten 100+ kills with 15 different weapons now!

My goal is to get 100 kills with every weapon/vehicle in the game.

Wish me luck goons.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Any euro goons want to play right now? Add me, bdb1001 on ps4.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Picture unrelated:

By the time the Great War rolled through, everyone was already used to doing the Chain Gun Cha-Cha.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

RCarr posted:

Wish me luck goons.

RIP when you get to the Kolibri

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

RCarr posted:

Wish me luck goons.

Even the motorcycle?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

RIP when you get to the Kolibri

I'm actually looking forward to this, in a sick twisted sort of way.

Ineffiable posted:

Even the motorcycle?

ESPECIALLY the motorcycle. Speaking of, does shooting people while in the sidecar count toward the motorcycle kill count?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

RCarr posted:

I'm actually looking forward to this, in a sick twisted sort of way.

ESPECIALLY the motorcycle. Speaking of, does shooting people while in the sidecar count toward the motorcycle kill count?

Think about which one would be easier to do.

Hint: it's not the easy one.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

Even the motorcycle?

I was just checking battlefield stats today (I'm top 1% kills on the bike on PS4 :smug: (with 9 :confuoot:) and the top dude has 45!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I ramped an arty truck over a rock and splattered two mortaring support guys on the other side, it felt good.

The experimental scout gun is also hilarious and fun and lets you go more run and gun while popping off flares and tripwires.

BF1 is a lot of fun.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
What is the name of the experimental scout gun? So I can unlock it this weekend.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I think it literally says Experimental in the name.

The description talks about it being converted to fire pistol rounds.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
M1903 Experimental. It's equipped with a Pedersen device, which was developed but never deployed during the war. The device converts the rifle to fire semi-auto from a 40 round magazine of pistol ammunition.

The sights on it suck and you have to be really close to out run any other gun.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
https://gfycat.com/AnguishedAgedFreshwatereel
Juggalo Server: Hatchets Only [WOOP WOOP]

https://gfycat.com/FlimsyChubbyHarlequinbug
DIY flamethrower tank using the flame trooper kit and a car

https://gfycat.com/ShockingOldfashionedKiwi
Don't interrupt my revives please

https://gfycat.com/BitterRealisticLamprey
I finally gave in to the arty truck hype; was not disappointed

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
is my game broken? As a scout, it says hit down on the dpad to cycle zeroing distance, but it never displays that distance anywhere, so I can never tell what I'm zeroed at. What the gently caress. Like, I know where it displays it in the single player, but I don't see it anywhere on the screen in multiplayer.

Also I can't tell if I have K bullets equiped, but hitting right on the dpad causes a reload animation, I just can't tell which I'm on...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

High score? What does that mean? Is that bad? Did I break it?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I'm pretty sure the zeroing distance only affects guns with scopes on them. The carbine or infantry versions say in the description that they're zeroed for a certain distance.

When you swap to K bullets, your ammo counter will change since you only load one a time. If you aren't sure, hitting triangle will switch back to normal bullets if you have K bullets loaded.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Auxiliary Treats posted:

I'm pretty sure the zeroing distance only affects guns with scopes on them. The carbine or infantry versions say in the description that they're zeroed for a certain distance.

When you swap to K bullets, your ammo counter will change since you only load one a time. If you aren't sure, hitting triangle will switch back to normal bullets if you have K bullets loaded.

Yeah, I'm talking about guns with scopes. I even had a tip popup telling me to hit dpad down to cycle distance, but there was no indication of my zeroing distance.

But, while digging through options (quite a comprehensive compared to most console games) I found where I could turn off all the hints, which is great, cause they are so annoying.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Snak posted:

is my game broken? As a scout, it says hit down on the dpad to cycle zeroing distance, but it never displays that distance anywhere, so I can never tell what I'm zeroed at. What the gently caress. Like, I know where it displays it in the single player, but I don't see it anywhere on the screen in multiplayer.

Also I can't tell if I have K bullets equiped, but hitting right on the dpad causes a reload animation, I just can't tell which I'm on...
I think zeroing distance is displayed above your ammo count when you change it. K bullets will also be highlighted in your item list when they're equipped, but I'm not sure the indicator stays on screen forever.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
It doesn't, but a quick YY weapon swap will bring it back up and show the zero.

You can re-zero non-scoped weapons, e.g. the Lee-Enfield Infantry, but not the Cavalry class' lever-action, or, at least, I can't.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The flammable trip mines are hilarious, and probably the only reason I play scout at this point. I love placing them in random corridors around the outside of points and then running off. If they weren't scout only, I'd probably never play scout.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I think zeroing distance is displayed above your ammo count when you change it. K bullets will also be highlighted in your item list when they're equipped, but I'm not sure the indicator stays on screen forever.

Yes to this.
when you tap down on the d pad these icons pop up for a second then fade back out and the distance is at the bottom
k bullets are also shown highlighted when you do this if you have them loaded but most of the time it's pretty easy to tell by ammo count since you only have 5

also, unrelated question. have they set Suez as the default quick match map or have I done something to my server settings?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That's your *favorite*

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Do kills count towards conquest scoring? If I kill some dude -- does my get a point?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Anybody else have an enemy dreadnought driver who took "close support" to an extreme?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

winter.mute posted:

Yes to this.
when you tap down on the d pad these icons pop up for a second then fade back out and the distance is at the bottom
k bullets are also shown highlighted when you do this if you have them loaded but most of the time it's pretty easy to tell by ammo count since you only have 5

also, unrelated question. have they set Suez as the default quick match map or have I done something to my server settings?

Yeah, those are the icons that I used to see. They've just stopped showing up for me in any class. When I use the dpad, nothing shows up there.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
A comeback from down 850-760 to cap the night off with a win, good poo poo PSkrew. Also welcome back Revo you should post in this thread!

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
https://gfycat.com/UltimateOpulentKrill
Heeeeere's Johnny!

MortLansky
Dec 17, 2014
I feel like this comes up every Battlefield game, but is there any way to see if you have mines/explosives deployed or not destroyed? Also, what is the AT mine limit? If it's just three that feels wrong.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Tei posted:

I am tryiing to teach myself the use of the arty truck, but withouth much luck. Is absurd OP on mount grappa austrian side, but I don't get it anywhere else. I am addicted to vehicles with cheap autorepair powers.

It seems heavy tanks are my thing.

I am also teaching myself to fly better and contribute more to the battle while flyiing. Is working, but is slow. I like the plane with flares and a rain of fire grenades, these are cool.

tei my horsebrother-in-arms you don't know how bad i want you to roll arty. I could write a dissertation but here's probably the two most important things about doing it:

-always point arty in a direction you can PEACE THE gently caress OUT IN before you start shooting
-when somebody sees you PEACE THE gently caress OUT

PEACING THE gently caress OUT includes driving around the block in a cute little circle and then parking directly behind them. because you have to realize that this will work ten times out of five.

Zip! posted:

default vehicle respawn is 2 minutes.

most big maps have 2 vehicle slots per team. EDIT: in conquest. i haven't played enough of the other modes to remember which maps have 1 slot or 2 or whatever

chill in the spawn menu and try to find any active friendly vehicle icons ambling around the map like blue hamsters or tonka trucks. if both are up, then you'll have to wait for one to die, and then another 2 minutes. if only one is up, at least you know you have less than 2 minutes to wait.

MortLansky posted:

I feel like this comes up every Battlefield game, but is there any way to see if you have mines/explosives deployed or not destroyed? Also, what is the AT mine limit? If it's just three that feels wrong.

Pretty sure 6 because arty can have 2 drops up at a time. they show up the minimap when you place em, just expand it every once in a while and check

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Dec 2, 2016

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

medic class OP

team amputations dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Whoever it was that mentioned the Experimental gun for the Recon class: Thank You!

It really takes me back to Bad Company 2 days where I'd be throwing wookie balls left and right while running with a red dot on the sniper rifles.

41 bullets per mag, almost no bullet drop and fires as fast as you can pull the trigger. That, the flares and the incindenary traps have changed the recon to my new favorite class.