Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah but the game's ungenerous checkpoints made it hard to enjoy having to redo a whole section because I tried to eat my Alpha-bits during a boring talky part.

Fantastic.

At least goofy scenes like this one make it all worth it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

always find it weirid when people who play games have difficulty in pressing buttons that appear on screen

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Stux posted:

always find it weirid when people who play games have difficulty in pressing buttons that appear on screen

dude I'm sitting back watching the show, not leaning forward ready to push buttons I mean come on

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

dude I'm sitting back watching the show, not leaning forward ready to push buttons I mean come on

its not a show, its a video game

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Stux posted:

its not a show, its a video game

And video games contain shows within them c'mon it's not hard

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

And video games contain shows within them c'mon it's not hard

if you arent ready to game at all times then you pay the price

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Press the apostrophe button on your keyboard sometimes Stux

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Press the apostrophe button on your keyboard sometimes Stux

you forgot to end your sentence with a period

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Stux, unable to comprehend something extremely simple? Unheard of.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Stux, unable to comprehend something extremely simple? Unheard of.

you think you have to rotate your whole wrist to hit f and v

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You do. I didn't say you had to corkscrew your whole hand 90 degrees.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CJacobs posted:

You do. I didn't say you had to corkscrew your whole hand 90 degrees.

im really genuinely sorry if u dont have a thumb but if you do i suggest making use of it in the future

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Stux is a mystery wrapped in a riddle wrapped in lovely typing

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I don't think anyone in the world hits the F or V keys with their thumb.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

very important when the prompt for f + v appears to keep your thumb one button away on the space bar and instead rotate your hand around awkwardly to hit them

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Stux posted:

very important when the prompt for f + v appears to keep your thumb one button away on the space bar and instead rotate your hand around awkwardly to hit them

Stux posted:

you think you have to rotate your whole wrist to hit f and v

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you dont though, just use your thumb. its an important digit.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

You will learn to hate X and C even more as the game goes on. I think I died to every single X+C prompt that appeared in a cutscene in my let's play of the game

edit: RE5 is somehow even worse because their 'alternate button prompt' buttons are F+V. At least with X+C you can just move your A/D fingers down and hit it, you have to rotate your whole wrist in RE5 which is ridiculous.

That's what you get for playing a console game with a keyboard.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

no, that wouldnt work, they would have to hit the buttons with their thumb, its inconceivable

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sakurazuka posted:

Did you play RE5 with a controller? That game's aiming feels so, so bad. It feels bad with the mouse too because they add this lovely artificial sway, but at least with the mouse you don't have a locked aiming speed.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Somebody sum up what was shown at the awards please. I don't give a crap about who won but rather what premiered or what title's gameplay was finally shown etc.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Palpek posted:

Somebody sum up what was shown at the awards please. I don't give a crap about who won but rather what premiered or what title's gameplay was finally shown etc.

Shovel Knight DLC looks awesome.

That's about it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Palpek posted:

ImpAtom posted:

Shovel Knight DLC looks awesome.

That's about it.

Quoted for ya

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Palpek posted:

Newest teaser for the Hideo Kojima game.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Was the new Mass Effect shown?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Palpek posted:

Was the new Mass Effect shown?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOIzH6UcoW4

e: Actually skimming the video now - the mako is back! :woop:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Thanks, I'm also reading about the Bulletstorm remaster which is the best news from the entire show to me. That they're adding optional Duke Nukem as a protagonist complete with full voice-acting is pretty great too as at times Bulletstorm had levels that could totally be put into DNF from an alternate reality where it was a good game.

I'm hopeful that this remaster shows a renewed interest in a game and we'll get a worthy sequel in the future.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Zelda with really bad performance probably played on a WiiU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I never played Bulletstorm when it first came out but I've heard good things so I'm looking forward to the remaster.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am very, very excited for Andromeda! The Mako is the thing I missed the most.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Sakurazuka posted:

I never played Bulletstorm when it first came out but I've heard good things so I'm looking forward to the remaster.
It's one of the best FPSes ever made, highly underrated. It does require you to give all the tools the game throws at you a shot though, if you play it like a modern shooter ducking from cover to cover then you'll have a bad time.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

its extremely dull

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Your av makes it look like you're posting twice as much.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I thought Plague Knight was way more fun to play than Shovel Knight :shobon:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I think that Run The Jewels performance they had on the show may have hosed with the stream because it's the only musical performance they didn't re-upload in a separate video and the main video has all it's audio muted at the moment.

So like oops.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's also another telltale game (guardians of the galaxy)

I feel kind of bad the shovel knight guy has giving away all the DLC for free considering the amount of effort that's gone into them

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Isn't all the DLC still stretch goals from the Kickstarter?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I'm eager to see what their next game is. It would be cool to see their take on more modern games since they basically crushed all competition in retro

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
There are dogs in the new Zelda, it's already GOTY 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Aw, the latest Meh.com deal was another meh grab bag and we just barely missed out on getting it :( Oh well. Nothing major, it was just :tenbux: and they'll do another one in a few months I'm sure.

What's everybody else up to this morning?

• Locked thread