Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

It's the little prance she does as she's absconding with the whiskey that sells it.

hahahahaha holy poo poo I missed that completely

So, we're winding down this season of Supergirl. Mon-El's fixed, romantic feelings are starting there, J'onn's back to his old DNA, Lena's a good guy and her mom's in jail. Alex came out, got Maggie, and now Kara is on an adventure across the multiverse with her good friend Barry.

Yes, everyone has finally gotten the happy ending they deserve.

M'gann, from Cell: "Uh... hi, I went against my own people to try to undo the atrocities they inflicted on others and hate myself for being one, can I—"

I SAID EVERYONE GOT A HAPPY ENDING

M'gann: :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Bruceski posted:

Granted, for TV shows that's a REALLY low bar to clear. But good on 'em all the same.

I mean, I know nothing about Ali Adler's personal story, but this is a topic she's got some familiarity with. Hey, diversity in the writer's room pays off!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Ugh, this show is so up beat each week I am really gonna miss it on the break.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

hahahahaha holy poo poo I missed that completely

So, we're winding down this season of Supergirl. Mon-El's fixed, romantic feelings are starting there, J'onn's back to his old DNA, Lena's a good guy and her mom's in jail. Alex came out, got Maggie, and now Kara is on an adventure across the multiverse with her good friend Barry.

Yes, everyone has finally gotten the happy ending they deserve.

M'gann, from Cell: "Uh... hi, I went against my own people to try to undo the atrocities they inflicted on others and hate myself for being one, can I—"

I SAID EVERYONE GOT A HAPPY ENDING

M'gann: :smith:

Winding down? This was episode 8 of 22!

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
My hope for the crossover is Diggle gives J'onn a speech about how it's wrong to throw someone in No-Lunch Supermax because you don't like their race. All the while J'onn gets an increasingly confused look on his face as he can't comprehend being on the receiving end a of a lecture from a black father figure.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Moon Slayer posted:

Last night's episode was apparently the midseason finale, no new Supergirl until next year. :(

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

howe_sam posted:

It's the little prance she does as she's absconding with the whiskey that sells it.

Loved this, also loved her stealing Winn's beer and him just completely accepting it and not trying to put up a fight. Winn is perfect as the annoying but loveable little brother.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just caught Part 2 of the Crossover event on The Flash. Boy, they really made up for shoving the crossover stuff at the end of Supergirl by assembling the entire Crossover team before the first commercial break on The Flash. Lot of stuff going on from the Flashpoint Paradox though, but I guess that's to be expected.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Moon Slayer posted:

I SAID IT WAS WINDING DOWN NOW GET IN THE CELL WITH M'GANN

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Are we going to talk about the crossover here too, considering Supergirl's in all three other series? I just got a look and drat, I'm so glad the writers of Supergirl aren't the team doing Flash. For that matter, the same applies for the special effects crew. Her fight scenes were basically her standing with a wind machine pointed at her hair.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vietnamwees posted:

Just caught Part 2 of the Crossover event on The Flash. Boy, they really made up for shoving the crossover stuff at the end of Supergirl by assembling the entire Crossover team before the first commercial break on The Flash. Lot of stuff going on from the Flashpoint Paradox though, but I guess that's to be expected.

That whole episode was just :buddy: encapsulated on screen for an hour. Especially the fight between Barry and Kara at the end.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah just the scene of Kara learning everyone's names was great. Benoist just puts so much enthusiasm into the little things.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah just the scene of Kara learning everyone's names was great. Benoist just puts so much enthusiasm into the little things.

Benoist is just so charming and excited to be doing anything its infectious. Half the fun of these cross-overs is seeing how excited she is to be a part of the team.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
I love how Kara just outclassed pretty much everyone in that world and they are just like "yeah she's a drat beast."

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I just caught up on the show, and this really has the best lead and best writing of all the CW shows

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Of course it helps that Chyler Leigh is just so drat good.

She crawled away from a hamfisted death scene in Grey's Anatomy, but one of the few things that show did reasonably well was lesbians/bisexuals.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Carlosologist posted:

I just caught up on the show, and this really has the best lead and best writing of all the CW shows

Agreed. Remember when Barry popped over last year? He was infinitely more enjoyable than on his own show. It says a lot for the main Supergirl writers.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I'm only on episode 4 and I like some of the things they're doing so far, but man, they're pretty drat heavy-handed with the social commentary. It's especially jarring after the whole spiel Kara got from "Snapper" about how important it is to be unbiased. The writers get a self-awareness score of 0.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

enraged_camel posted:

I'm only on episode 4 and I like some of the things they're doing so far, but man, they're pretty drat heavy-handed with the social commentary. It's especially jarring after the whole spiel Kara got from "Snapper" about how important it is to be unbiased. The writers get a self-awareness score of 0.

Snapper said journalists have to be unbiased

I don't think anyone thinks of the CW TV show Supergirl as journalism.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I love that these writers frequently have the Kryptonians use their super speed and all the time.

The entire battle was great but Barry vs Kara in particular was a real treat.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Agreed. Remember when Barry popped over last year? He was infinitely more enjoyable than on his own show. It says a lot for the main Supergirl writers.

That's because Barry didn't have to carry any of the drama of the show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like our little Supergirl universe. So many more female cast members who don't suck.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rocksicles posted:

I like our little Supergirl universe. So many more female cast members who don't suck.

Alex is a legit badass with full characterization so if this were Arrow's writing team she'd be dead already.

As an aside, I love when she puts on the exoskeleton and starts throwing down with super powered bad guys. I really really want her to be a brand new take on Power Girl, but at the same time, just being Alex Danvers, Actually Competent Secret Agent is pretty goddamn rad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Haha yeah that character that died on Arrow after 4 years but is coming back, what a trend.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

Haha yeah that character that died on Arrow after 4 years but is coming back, what a trend.

I'm fond of you too, you jackwagon.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Crossover was super good, getting reacquainted with the Arrow crew and the Legends crew owned, Barry owned, Supergirl remains the best, everything is shiny

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Kraps posted:

Crossover was super good, getting reacquainted with the Arrow crew and the Legends crew owned, Barry owned, Supergirl remains the best, everything is shiny

This.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Gonna have to watch all three episodes back to back online tomorrow. That was a fun three hours (and 30 seconds) of televison.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well the Crossover arc has finally ended, and it seemed like toward the end with Legends of Tomorrow that Supergirl barely got any screen time, even though she is the most badass superhero of the group.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Look, she was disrupting Oliver's sense of normalcy during this alien invasion, okay? What did you expect him to do

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

BrianWilly posted:

Look, she was disrupting Oliver's sense of normalcy during this alien invasion, okay? What did you expect him to do

I just could not accept his ridiculous explanation. "I don't know you and you are disrupting my brooding." But it was really like "we blew our cgi and flight rigging budget so for now just stay in this hangar, it's cheaper."

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I thought it was great when Batman emotionally manipulated Superman...er you know what I mean.

Kraps posted:

This.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Burning_Monk posted:

I just could not accept his ridiculous explanation. "I don't know you and you are disrupting my brooding." But it was really like "we blew our cgi and flight rigging budget so for now just stay in this hangar, it's cheaper."

"Also you could take probably take down a few ships solo so you make a compelling narrative awful hard." But all made up for by her casual Kara-dunking on off-brand CSM.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

It was "this next scene isn't going to work if you're there."

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Binary Logic posted:

I thought it was great when Batman emotionally manipulated Superman...er you know what I mean.

It makes a lot more sense now

I'm not sure why they didn't give the "looks like my cousin" joke to Supergirl where it would have made more sense, giving it to Routh, while funny, was like someone trying to wink but they end up blinking both eyes repeatedly.

Kraps fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 2, 2016

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Kraps posted:

It makes a lot more sense now

I'm not sure why they didn't give the "looks like my cousin" joke to Supergirl where it would have made more sense, giving it to Routh, while funny, was like someone trying to wink but they end up blinking both eyes repeatedly.

Because her cousin has appeared on the show and Routh's cousin hasn't

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Daric posted:

Because her cousin has appeared on the show and Routh's cousin hasn't

Routh's cousin is Power Girl, obviously

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kraps posted:

Because it was funnier coming from the person we didn't expect to make the comparison.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I giggled for a solid minute after that line

hehehehhehehehe

Man Supergirl is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of the best bits of the crossover was definitely Barry and Kara tag teaming the evil cyborg lady.