Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Burkion posted:

Freeza is responsible for SSJ.

ruined everything, worst villain, not on the list.

or maybe by ruining everything he should be the top of the list???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
everyone knows that the greatest dbz villain is haze shenron

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the greatest villain in db is that rabbit guy that got punched to the moon

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Manatee Cannon posted:

Poor guy got killed later on by Master Roshi.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
One of my favorite villains is Mercenary Taopaipai.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rirse posted:

Poor guy got killed later on by Master Roshi.

I bet he saw it coming and jumped to safety. carrots are good for your eyesight, after all

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Mikedawson posted:

Tenkaichi 2 had a really neat what-if scenario where Raditz becomes a good guy, but Piccolo stays evil.

I love that What-if, it's basically the only reason I still care about Raditz/want him to come back.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

They should have brought he back to defeat immortal Zamasu.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I like to imagine Boss Rabbit is just super loving dead.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

Burkion posted:

It's going to be Freeza.

That's just obvious. Putting him any lower than number 1 DBZ villain is ludicrous.

King Piccolo is easily number 2 or 3, with Vegeta taking the spot he doesn't.

Piccolo Jr., Future #17 and #18 (and if they count Battle of Gods, Beerus) should be high on the list.

Also General Blue or Tao Pai Pai or whoever was the first villain that kicked Goku's rear end.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

no go on Quiznos posted:

Piccolo Jr., Future #17 and #18 (and if they count Battle of Gods, Beerus) should be high on the list.

Also General Blue or Tao Pai Pai or whoever was the first villain that kicked Goku's rear end.

You mean that mysterious fighter Jackie Chun?

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
The greatest villian is clearly the only one that can claim a total and uncontested victory over Goku: the rock that caved his head in as a child.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How high should the heart virus rank?

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I kinda want Nappa to come back. In my mind, he wouldn't just blindly attack Vegeta like he did in GT. Instead, he'd be like "Why did you kill me? :( ".

He looked after Vegeta when their planet was destroyed and Vegeta was just a kid without a father. He probably felt like he was Vegeta's mentor and guardian in addition to being a henchman. And he seemed to have some sense of loyalty and camaraderie with Raditz, since his initial idea for the Dragon Balls was to use them to wish Raditz back. And when he got injured by Goku, he honestly seemed to expect Vegeta to help him. And then Vegeta just straight-up kills him. Sure, he'd be loving pissed and would probably train to get way stronger so he can confront Vegeta, but all he really wants is an explanation. "Seriously, what the gently caress?" And by this point, Vegeta's completely changed, so he'd probably be like "...You're right. I completely did wrong by you. Forgive me." And then they'd be friends again and Nappa could join the main cast.

Of course you can still have a confrontation first. Nappa's trained and trained and gotten some zenkai boosts and now he's a Super Saiyan, maybe even a bit beyond that. In my mind, he's as strong as Vegeta or Trunks were during the Cell Games. He bulks up and Vegeta's like "LOL you WOULD be stupid enough to use that form, wouldn't you?" Nappa's no real serious threat to Vegeta or Goku but he's still dangerous to, say, Piccolo and maybe Gohan since they never train, and definitely Krillin and company would be like "Oh gently caress". But Vegeta fights him and completely outclasses him, revealing Super Saiyan Blue and being like "You never stood a chance, Nappa", and Nappa just completely breaks down and is like "Why did you kill me?! I looked after you and everything! I thought we were like family" Maybe he cries and Vegeta realizes that he really DID betray Nappa for no reason and that he does owe Nappa an explanation.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I hope broly didn't even make the list

(He probably did)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I want an episode about a day in the life of Officer Krillin.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Dec 2, 2016

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Blue Star posted:

I kinda want Nappa to come back. In my mind, he wouldn't just blindly attack Vegeta like he did in GT. Instead, he'd be like "Why did you kill me? :( ".

He looked after Vegeta when their planet was destroyed and Vegeta was just a kid without a father. He probably felt like he was Vegeta's mentor and guardian in addition to being a henchman. And he seemed to have some sense of loyalty and camaraderie with Raditz, since his initial idea for the Dragon Balls was to use them to wish Raditz back. And when he got injured by Goku, he honestly seemed to expect Vegeta to help him. And then Vegeta just straight-up kills him. Sure, he'd be loving pissed and would probably train to get way stronger so he can confront Vegeta, but all he really wants is an explanation. "Seriously, what the gently caress?" And by this point, Vegeta's completely changed, so he'd probably be like "...You're right. I completely did wrong by you. Forgive me." And then they'd be friends again and Nappa could join the main cast.

Of course you can still have a confrontation first. Nappa's trained and trained and gotten some zenkai boosts and now he's a Super Saiyan, maybe even a bit beyond that. In my mind, he's as strong as Vegeta or Trunks were during the Cell Games. He bulks up and Vegeta's like "LOL you WOULD be stupid enough to use that form, wouldn't you?" Nappa's no real serious threat to Vegeta or Goku but he's still dangerous to, say, Piccolo and maybe Gohan since they never train, and definitely Krillin and company would be like "Oh gently caress". But Vegeta fights him and completely outclasses him, revealing Super Saiyan Blue and being like "You never stood a chance, Nappa", and Nappa just completely breaks down and is like "Why did you kill me?! I looked after you and everything! I thought we were like family" Maybe he cries and Vegeta realizes that he really DID betray Nappa for no reason and that he does owe Nappa an explanation.

Lesson #1 of dbz: Vegeta's a little bitch

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rutibex posted:

They should have brought he back to defeat immortal Zamasu.

I mean, they brought the Mafuba despite it rising the question of "Why did they never consider the Mafuba for Buu when he got very uppity".

Rabbit Boss turning Zamasu into an immortal carrot better happen in one of the Xenoverse games.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lezard_valeth posted:

I mean, they brought the Mafuba despite it rising the question of "Why did they never consider the Mafuba for Buu when he got very uppity".

Rabbit Boss turning Zamasu into an immortal carrot better happen in one of the Xenoverse games.

Also Uulong should be able to transform into a super saiyan.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

lezard_valeth posted:

Funny enough Piccolo used the Mafuba against Buu in his "What-If" story in Supersonic Warriors.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

If DB never had super sayian would it be as popular in America?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

RBX posted:

Me and all my little friends were super hype about DBZ before we knew what Super Saiyan was, so... probably? I only knew what was coming like a few months before Toonami aired the rest of the Frieza Saga because I delved deep into Geocities and found that there was still a shitload more DBZ in existence besides what we had :v:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

RBX posted:

Kaioken, Kamehameha, galick gun, Big Bang attack, Final Flash, Special Beam Cannon and Destructo disc points to yes.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The strange thing about named attacks in this series is how few there actually are in the actual canon. Like, I'm pretty sure Vegeta names Galick Gun, and we don't get a single new named attack until he uses Big Bang. I'm sure they've had other attacks named by Toriyama in stuff other than the manga, but for some reason I've always kinda disliked how moves in the games have had consistent names for decades, that we never actually saw.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I always thought it was interesting how little Toriyama actually had Goku use the Kamehameha compared to something like GT where he might use it 4 or 5 times in a single episode.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

lezard_valeth posted:

Because Buu is weird

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Piccolo's what if story in supersonic warriors has him defeat Buu using the Mafuba.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Knowing TFS, Tenshinhan will make the list.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
He did create the technique with pretty much the highest success rate in doing what it's supposed to do: The Solar Flare

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RBX posted:

It would have been really cool to see goku steal a win against freiza in regular form.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

RevolverDivider posted:

Piccolo's what if story in supersonic warriors has him defeat Buu using the Mafuba.

Huh, really?

Think they would have tried that at least once during the long arc.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pureauthor posted:

He did create the technique with pretty much the highest success rate in doing what it's supposed to do: The Solar Flare

Thats a weird way to pronounce Kikoho.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rutibex posted:

if the purpose of the Kikoho is "kill yourself" then yeah I guess you're right

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

it's actually an excavation tool

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CharlestonJew posted:

Funny, that's also the only thing the Kienzan ever did right

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Augus posted:

Funny, that's also the only thing the Kienzan ever did right

It cut off Freiza's tail. :colbert:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

It cut off Freiza's tail. :colbert:

So did the Spirit Bomb

some how

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rutibex posted:

Solar Flare works 100% of the time all the time, Kikoho's never killed a single person

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Goku defeated the Solar Flare with sunglasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's great that 16 and Tien go through some great sacrifices to hold Cell off and then Vegeta pisses it all away.

• Locked thread