Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I mean yeah, the cartoon is and always will be poo poo. But the movie was legit good imo :catdrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Speed Racer kills a dude in the opening to the cartoon.

Just strait up murders him by running him off the road.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I mean yeah, the cartoon is and always will be poo poo.

No

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

But the movie was legit good imo :catdrugs:

Yes

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The movie was way, way too ambitious in trying to take anime and convert it to real people + green screen.

I mean, it was amazing and fun as hell but it definitely weirded out a lot of people and kept it from being a blockbuster hit.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Both this movie and all the other movies are garbage.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
ive never seen speed racer because it looked weird as poo poo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

EX250 Type R posted:

ive never seen speed racer because it looked weird as poo poo

It was but that's why it was good it was goofy as gently caress

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I was on a LOT of E and mushrooms the first time I saw it and I seriously thought it was probably just a normal movie that looked crazy cause I was on a bunch of drugs until I saw it a second time sober and it really wasn't much less bizarre and overstimulating just more comprehensible.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I appreciate what they were trying to do with this movie, but I don't understand how they didn't realize what they were trying to do was dumb.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Speed Racer has real good visuals I would like to watch it again on some drugs but it's impossible to sit still and and pay attention on the drugs that the movie would benefit from

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I liked this movie but I'm super gay for Christina Ricci so it was a forgone conclusion.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmu8dnHR1lo

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Both this movie and all the other movies are garbage.

What about Der Untergang?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Universe Master posted:

Speed Racer kills a dude in the opening to the cartoon.

Just strait up murders him by running him off the road.

what the hell i re-watched it and you're right. the driver definitely died and it doesn't seem like speed racer even gives a poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALzDcMDhf2o&t=33s

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Watching that movie was like injecting liquid Jolly Ranchers directly into my eyes and about as pleasant. 0/10.

E: (the bad flavors of Jolly Ranchers)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
the wachowskis should make my my av into a movie

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Why does anyone need to qualify Speed Racer as being 'actually good'? It is known that it is good. This is a universally accepted fact.

Speed Racer IS a good movie.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Speed Racer should just come mandatory with any new television. Department stores need only have Speed Racer looping on their tvs and tv sales would skyrocket.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
John Goodman is all of our dads.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Redmanred posted:

Ninjas? More like nonjas

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Redmanred posted:

too fat

my dad is a meth addict

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I barely remember the movie but I remember some very awkward looking fight scenes that made me laugh when I watched it.

Here's one, I guess it was supposed to be funny lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT8kjH7v1C8

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Concerned Citizen posted:

what the hell i re-watched it and you're right. the driver definitely died and it doesn't seem like speed racer even gives a poo poo
Rubbin' is racin'.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

a bone to pick posted:

I barely remember the movie but I remember some very awkward looking fight scenes that made me laugh when I watched it.

Here's one, I guess it was supposed to be funny lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT8kjH7v1C8

this fuking rules i need to see this movie holy poo poo

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuf5S2oZBAE

Techno anime group sex anyone?

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
I have always had issues with this movie, mostly because the colors are all over-saturated. It gives me a headache just watching it.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
The all time best Speed Racer episode. They should have made the whole live action movie this.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 30, 2016

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Frankenstyle posted:

The all time best Speed Racer episode. They should have made the whole live action movie this.

That's not how you treat motorcyclists Speed Racer!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

PassTheRemote posted:

I have always had issues with this movie, mostly because the colors are all over-saturated. It gives me a headache just watching it.

Isn't that what they were going for, it was a bit much yeah

Good movie tho

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Applewhite posted:

Watching that movie was like injecting liquid Jolly Ranchers directly into my eyes and about as pleasant. 0/10.

E: (the bad flavors of Jolly Ranchers)

the peach jolly rancher was real good but it seems to have disappeared from their line up. What gives?!

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

Speed Racer should just come mandatory with any new television. Department stores need only have Speed Racer looping on their tvs and tv sales would skyrocket.

Atomiq
Apr 6, 2003

Ágætis Byrjun
Lots of good Racer X / Jackface action.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

The first time I saw the trailer for the Speed Racer movie the projector had accidentally desynched the audio and video. I assumed it was intentional until the next trailer was also off.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

I haven't seen it yet. Sounds like I'm missing out.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

hey I liked this movie

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
i, too, am easily amused by bright colours OP.

this post is entirely sincere and i'm not going for a lovely burn. i really like bright clours, and speed racer provides.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Haschel Cedricson posted:

The first time I saw the trailer for the Speed Racer movie the projector had accidentally desynched the audio and video. I assumed it was intentional until the next trailer was also off.

i watched the entire third star wars movie like that in the only lovely single theater in a missouri small town

even child me thought that movie was boring

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

What I liked most about Speed Racer was the moving message underlying the whole story, which is: Speed Racer is cool.

Not really kidding.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Isn't that what they were going for,

giving people headaches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It's a good movie, and it's maybe the only good wachowski movie since the matrix. V for vendetta is sort of okay, but it's hard to watch it these days because of memes, and cloud atlas has like one good story in it, but speed racer is the most consistent and the visuals are really fun. I like how the climax of the movie more or less takes its cues from an acid peak.

• Locked thread