Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

The more intersting thing could maybe be the Awakening preparation event? Although I'm still not sure what exactly that is. Even more transcending work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Hero Awakening, sort of like Ultimates from PAD or anything similar to that. It's sort of like having a 7* rating (except it's just a purple 6*), just like Item Awakening.

But generally speaking it gives a hero a whole new set of skills, increased stats, and the ability to go up to +10 power-up rating. They also get a new Super skill which has to be charged up and can only be used once per fight.

To do it on KR requires Lv30 +5, 300k gold, and 300-500 of a new currency which you'll have to farm for daily. Also in KR, trying to power-up above +5 has a chance to fail which drops you back down to +5. So we can pray that they get rid of that garbage for us, or else welcome to kMMO-ville hope you enjoy gently caress You.

So for example we're obviously getting Awoken Evan and Karin first, Awoke Evan in KR does this:

Passive:
1. Increase allies total defense by 50%.
2. Reduces his damage taken by 50% and reflects the reduced damage into the attacker.
3. His speed/counter attack will always critical.

Awakening Skill:
Target all enemies with 200% physical damage, additionally deal 2000 Fixed damage, and heal all allies by 1000 HP.

Skill 1:
Target 1 enemy with 2 hits each 150% physical damage, additionally deal extra 30% targets max HP, pierces, and steals HP equal to the skill's damage. 64 Sec Cooldown

Skill 2:
Grant 4000 HP Shield to himself for 4 turns, additionally Taunts enemies, and reflects status ailment inflicted to him for 1 times. 90 Sec Cooldown

Awoken Karin in KR does this:

Passive:
1. All allies immune to death debuff for 5 turns.
2. Revive once with 100% HP.

Awakening Skill:
Revives all dead allies with 100% HP, additionally bestow 1 Void Shield.

Skill 1:
Heal 1 ally with 220% magical attack, effect lasts for 2 turns. Also removes debuffs. (Removing death debuff damages 25% HP) 50 Sec Cooldown

Skill 2:
Revive 1 ally with 80% HP, additonally bestow 2 Void Shield. 120 Sec Cooldown

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Should I be buying costumes with my topaz? I want to grab costumes for Shane and Ruri; is there something better I could be doing with them?

e: Do the bonuses from costumes scale? +20 patk is not very much.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 1, 2016

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Also in KR, trying to power-up above +5 has a chance to fail which drops you back down to +5. So we can pray that they get rid of that garbage for us, or else welcome to kMMO-ville hope you enjoy gently caress You.

:captainpop:

Elysiume posted:

Should I be buying costumes with my topaz? I want to grab costumes for Shane and Ruri; is there something better I could be doing with them?

e: Do the bonuses from costumes scale? +20 patk is not very much.

This is the best use of topazes. Dress up is always the best part of video games! Second best is unequipping good gear (6*+ at least on raid/7K/4L gear. Generic 6* is a maybe).

e: Costumes don't scale. It's a minor stat boost, buy costumes for pretty looks not for important stat gains.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 1, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The other thing to do with Topaz is to save it and a ton of rubies (360 Topaz, 3600 Rubies to be exact) and buy the whole Special Summon board one month. Which gets you a 7K/4L of your choice.

Also supposedly on KR you can buy the Hero Awakening currency with Topaz sooooo

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
3 THOUSAND rubies for a 4L of old. And that is during an event with a guaranteed drop. Holy crap. How many rubies are you expected to have to spend to get 1 of them when it is not an event?

I am on the last day of another puzzle now. Is it worth spending bonus rolls to try to get my selected 7K? Looks like it is 252 Topaz to finish clearing the board (and 2520 rubies...). If it was Topaz alone it would be worth it i guess, considering it is unlikely you'll have to unlock all 90 squares to find the selected 7k.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Thanks as always for the info, GB. Those Awakening Heroes sound mondo strong. Will definitely stop sacrifing my Evans. Not sure if Karin fits anywhere... maybe a healer you can use for PvP? The longevity she gives should be brutal - in theory.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ineptitude posted:

3 THOUSAND rubies for a 4L of old. And that is during an event with a guaranteed drop. Holy crap. How many rubies are you expected to have to spend to get 1 of them when it is not an event?

I am on the last day of another puzzle now. Is it worth spending bonus rolls to try to get my selected 7K? Looks like it is 252 Topaz to finish clearing the board (and 2520 rubies...). If it was Topaz alone it would be worth it i guess, considering it is unlikely you'll have to unlock all 90 squares to find the selected 7k.

3600 Rubies + 360 Topaz, to unlock the whole board IIRC. It's only worth spending on it if you're planning to do the whole board, and you have to start doing that from the beginning of the month since the bonus roll cost increases per-roll-per-day.
Is it worth it? If you're swimming in topaz and rubies maybe.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Baller!

The respective blog entry.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Nice that they unequip your guys for free when you awaken them.

I think the bad part will be deciding between using your bought costumes vs the new awoken look.

What is most funny though is how hilariously bad looking the old Evan model is compared to the new Awoken one.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Hmm, looks like I have a use for all these earth elements after all!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Hope nobody was using my hypermaxed Shane or anything because you're poo poo OUTTA LUCK for the holiday season.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
First fusion of the month snags me a 6* Pascal, noice

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Is there any way to reliably farm 5 star elements? I have a pile of dudes I fused from 4->5 star and no way of turning them into 6 stars other than fusing again, (but 3 of them are shanes, and I want to get them to 6* for fodder for my current Shane).

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Rank Up 4* elementals with copies of themselves.

But beyond that, no not really. You can get 5* Elementals from Hell difficulty Dailies, but they aren't guaranteed to drop and also those dungeons are super hard.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Rank Up 4* elementals with copies of themselves.

But beyond that, no not really. You can get 5* Elementals from Hell difficulty Dailies, but they aren't guaranteed to drop and also those dungeons are super hard.

I hadn't thought of that, thanks for the tip.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I forgot CR credit was used to buy things and now I have 512.

Whoops.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Hero selectors aren't a terrible pick if you are drowning in elementals, since if you are drowning in elementals that probably means you don't have enough to work on anyway. Shame there isn't a 4* selector though.
Probably a good time to pick up some Evans if yours isn't at least 32.

Also, I hosed up last WB Normal and just quit for 0 points. And that still put me in the top 40%, for 200 WB Points. So what I'm saying is you should literally never do WB on Easy because it's impossible to earn less points doing normal.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'm sitting on ~1k rubies and I just picked up Ace, worth it to buy heroes and then transcend him to 32, or just dump them into mastery as ever?

Still been playing at a greatly reduced pace, but the last month of goodies has buffed my team a good bit, past 2k in pvp, finally past the 90s cockblock in the tower, and made more progress in 8+ normal.

I need to go look up world boss teams, I got smeared last couple times, and I think I can optimize my raid team a bit more as well. I usually don't have the time to farm everything every day right now, but just doing the Awakened raid occasionally is worthwhile.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Probably a good time to pick up some Evans if yours isn't at least 32.

Why 32? Awakening resets them to 30+0 doesn't it?
Well the screenshot in the blog showed a 30+5 awaken to a 30+0, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the level will be reset of course.

victrix posted:

I'm sitting on ~1k rubies and I just picked up Ace, worth it to buy heroes and then transcend him to 32, or just dump them into mastery as ever?

The 7k after 4x 10 summons is not a selector, so you might not get Ace.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

The 7k after 4x 10 summons is not a selector, so you might not get Ace.

Yeahhhh gently caress that, do not want Lu Bu, and SWK is kinda whatever.

Mastery it is :v:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
The fact they're making you pay 3k premium for a chance at a certain hero is in itself a joke.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
They finally realized I was in asia on my last full day here :argh:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ineptitude posted:

Why 32? Awakening resets them to 30+0 doesn't it?
Well the screenshot in the blog showed a 30+5 awaken to a 30+0, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the level will be reset of course.

Doesn't reset their level and pretty sure it doesn't reset the Power Up rating either (it might though, but I've not seen mention of it). Just saying 32 since that's the most important one where you get Jewels of course.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

We got another slot, SlovenKnights! apply, or don't. I'm a forums poster, not a cop.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
KR 7k Leveling methods are completely different than ours so I doubt we'll have the downgrade thing (even in kr if you use a 6* you have 100% to go +1)

We're apparently getting the new awakening method which is running X character's shard dungeon and its 300 of either common shards + character specific shards. Which means you'll need a pretty good team to run thru Daily dungeon esque dungeons.

also I cant hit the 3k rubies needed for the event sadness I guess i'll just finish my masteries and stockpile rubies for the next event.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Anyone got tips for an efficient way to level up your fodder? I've been doing 7-1 hard mode with moderate success, but I always have a few runs where one of the stupid fodders just gets chain killed over and over.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

Anyone got tips for an efficient way to level up your fodder? I've been doing 7-1 hard mode with moderate success, but I always have a few runs where one of the stupid fodders just gets chain killed over and over.

2-10 with 1 front and 4 back (7-9 is safer but less fodder diversity)

my setup is

back row : 3 fodders + velika
front : Ace

Wave 1: use Ace AOE
Wave 2 +3: use Velika AOE

your fodder can die once and still hit 30 at the same time so its really nice for sync'd leveling

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I do 7-5 in a 4-1 pattern, with the 4 being fodder and the 1 being Ace, who uses his AoE. It's not the most efficient, but it's basically 16-19 keys for 8-20 rubies.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
So from this I took "Get an Ace." Got it, lol

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I do 8-3 Easy in a 3:2 formation. The enemies aren't hard and half of their skills are buffs (although one attack skill can electrify but no AoEs). The gold rewards aren't bad, the minimum character drop is 3*, and it can drop 4-5* gear. 4* gear isn't bad for powering up 6* gear, you get 5->+1. I use Yu Shin and Rin but Yu Shin's more important: A Lightning Bolt can shut down enemy skills long enough to finish off the second wave without issue. Sometimes they get a skill off first which can make things annoying. Yu Shin and another nuker can clear the field quickly, there's nothing special about Rin except I gave her good gear and she gives Yu Shin more damage via her passive.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

So from this I took "Get an Ace." Got it, lol

He's not quite top priority like he was before, and for farming Karma and Jave are both much better. But he's nice to have around for a lot of things still, for farming, CT, dailies, optionally on World Bosses and CR depending on your team setup.

7-9 is definitely the best place to farm if you're just trying to level up fodder and not so worried about getting more of it. 7-10 is very brainless and safe using Karma+Jave even at level 30, which is my go-to spot most of the time. Dellons+Jave works just as well too.

Good day for getting stuff done anyway, two free Finas, and final 5* fusion for the month got me a Pascal. So today went for Pascal 30->32, Sieg 36->38, Lina 36->38, nice spread of all modes.
Last Sieg is 5* and then he'll be maxed. Hopefully I'll pull another Lina soon (or I'll just blow a 4* selector anyway). Probably need to work on Feng some more too seeing as he's the best DPS now.

Pascal 32 ... eh. I guess on the up side he's now my only current PvP unit above level 30 :buddy:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I transcended Sera, because I like to go against the grain. I'm assuming she doesn't want Lethal Attack, as she gives a passive 50%

Maybe I'm just bad at this game, but she seems REALLY good. A multihit attack, void shields, revive at 100%, 50% lethal to team, fixed damage attack, high base speed. That seems beasty.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
So I finally got my first unit to level 40 (Shane). Is that it, or am I supposed to do something more with her now? (Besides gear her)

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Clawtopsy posted:

I transcended Sera, because I like to go against the grain. I'm assuming she doesn't want Lethal Attack, as she gives a passive 50%

Maybe I'm just bad at this game, but she seems REALLY good. A multihit attack, void shields, revive at 100%, 50% lethal to team, fixed damage attack, high base speed. That seems beasty.

No she's really solid. God tier PvP unit right now too. Good for NMW as well.

So I finally got my first unit to level 40 (Shane). Is that it, or am I supposed to do something more with her now? (Besides gear her)

Gear pretty much. Get maxed stats Weapons/Armor, Awoken, and all +5. All jewels to +5, optimize to WB jewels if you reaaaally want to. Get a CH Damage Accessory.

Got all that? Then throw that poo poo away because Feng Yan is a way better DPS than Shane.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I'm thinking

Rin / Sera, Pascal, Teo, Kris

for PvP. Though, Sera and Pascal are both hilariously undergeared/still locked/not +5.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

You'd really want a Karma in there somewhere but that looks good to me, as long as you're getting enough damage output.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
I have 2 transcend fairy bitches from the recent star event and the wheel of fortune poo poo. Who should I work on next of the following?

Pascal, Lina, Ruri.

Additionally, I have a 6* pick summon from the wheel thing too. So I can literally pick any of the basic heros to use them on too.

Currently my only 6 stars are the ones listed above + Spike/Rachel (can't use fairy bitches on em). Plus the level 40 Shane I mentioned earlier.

Any tips towards forming myself into a relatively decent team? I don't care about pvp because it's comical bullshit that just comes down to RNG and who has the most immortal bullshit spam units.

I am currently leaning towards Lina, since she seems to be a solid support unit.

Maybe focus on Evan since apparently he's turning into a boss soon? Any tips appreciated.

Edit: After looking at some guides and my team, thinking Evan is my best bet.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Dec 3, 2016

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

We got another slot, SlovenKnights! apply, or don't. I'm a forums poster, not a cop.

Applied as KoldPT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

I can't decide which weapon I should give my soon to be strong like wolf Evan. Korean guide says crit but I don't see it? Smart thing would probably be to carry the event tokens until the last day and pull the 6* equipment then. That way it can't time out before we know exactly what his skills are going to be in Global.
And then forget all about it on the last day and curse myself the day after.

• Locked thread