Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Well, at least Horizon: Zero Dawn is probably gonna be really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Sync kills are good and if they actually gave you a ton of problems you were either really bad or had a lovely internet connection.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
or the host had a lovely connection which was totally out of your control?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Your ability to play ME3 MP fluidly almost always relied on the host's connection, since so many of the game's actions were shuttled off to them. For the first few months it was absolutely necessary to host if you wanted to play Vanguard or you would begin to experience the Rapture by Wave 8.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
rip sky explorer Vanguards

http://i.imgur.com/98jKShb.mp4

Moola fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Dec 2, 2016

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/804567328696332288

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

*update from 3 hours later*

"It has been ripped from us."

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I'm sure the facial animations are on someone's radar there, but it's rather surprising that they were happy to release a video where they looked so bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mass Effect Andromeda looks like rear end!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I preordered the game. :shepspends:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Chalks posted:

I'm sure the facial animations are on someone's radar there, but it's rather surprising that they were happy to release a video where they looked so bad.

Mass Effect: Andromeda is a game that looks like it has nothing interesting to say or anything to contribute besides memes, so needless to say many goons will love it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

Mass Effect: Andromeda is a game that looks like it has nothing interesting to say or anything to contribute besides memes, so needless to say many goons will love it.

Baddromeda.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Alain Post posted:

Mass Effect Andromeda looks like rear end!
/

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

TotalHell posted:

*update from 3 hours later*

"It has been ripped from us."

Well since Bioware think this is fast action grab it might not even take 3 hours.

https://twitter.com/Redzos10/status/804673778819026944

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I just want to point out that every Frostbite Engine game I've seen has had lovely animations/hair but really beautiful environments. So in combination with Bioware, be happy that at least the mouths move.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Looks like I'll be giving this one a hard pass and replaying ME3.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
how does she look worse than femshep from me3?

let alone the character models in DAI

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Jesus Christ lady spit out your gum this is a hostage situation

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
At least do a clever line or some poo poo instead of a smirk after a slow grab. Even horrible movies have pulled that off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvK9ZJVsiPM&t=80s

BexGu fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 2, 2016

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lmao looks like the gun steal animation is a full fledged "ME:A is poo poo" meme now

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

get this under 100mb so I can have a new avatar.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

*face rigging intensifies*

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Both fem Ryder and the woman sitting in the chair whom she confronts look comically young and it's so Bioware.

Bioware is becoming the Square Of The West.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hmm, the badly animated meme game with blatant imitations of old characters, or the thoughtful, controversial, ambitious flawed masterpiece with real characters and emotion? No contest.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I feel bad for the hardcore Bioware loyalists who saw the preview, knew at least at some subconscious level it looks like poo poo, yet still could not resist pre-ordering to get their fair share of memes and alien trysts.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Reminder that BioWare literally thanked cosplayers at the end of the DAI Trespasser DLC.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao looks like the gun steal animation is a full fledged "ME:A is poo poo" meme now

http://i.imgur.com/NwJUGCQ.mp4

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
My hot take: this will probably be an OK game, flawed in many ways but delivering a solid performance in others. It will be worth it at a sale price to most people. It will generate immense amounts of overblown adoration as well as overblown criticism despite being worthy of neither. I will probably play once it reaches 50% off or so, not finish the game, and think to myself "that was ok I guess".

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
*sighs wistfully as Mordin ascends the elevator to his certain death, looks over shoulder as a normie gamer is lolling that the new Krogan squadmate is making jokes about memes*

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

marshmallow creep posted:

get this under 100mb so I can have a new avatar.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

My hot take: this will probably be an OK game, flawed in many ways but delivering a solid performance in others. It will be worth it at a sale price to most people. It will generate immense amounts of overblown adoration as well as overblown criticism despite being worthy of neither. I will probably play once it reaches 50% off or so, not finish the game, and think to myself "that was ok I guess".

its gonna be better than 3 but still not as good as 2

the MP is gonna be raaaaaaaad

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Also the chewing animations are going to be mind blowing.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
If the MP is fun and I can charge into people then I will buy it.

Maybe not at full price but I will buy it.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Moola posted:

its gonna be better than 3 but still not as good as 2

the MP is gonna be raaaaaaaad

Quote for truth.

The only thing I'm wondering about is how long will it take the Russians to post game mechanics errors that lead to things like the Reegar cheese builds.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Moola posted:

or the host had a lovely connection which was totally out of your control?

You can find a different host or make your own game.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
you sure can

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
The MP will suck because there won't be enough good enemy factions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
So, anyone else never noticing bad animation? I was watching the trailers and it didn't bother me at all, but now that it was pointed out, it's easy to see. The comparison with the Witcher is especially damning. But I just never notice this. When I was younger and watched the Naruto anime and afterwards went to the forums to discuss an episode, people would point out bad animation, and I always wonder why it never registered for me.

Anyway, I'm much more concerned with stupid elfroot gathering 2.0! That poo poo needs to go, I can't believe that they would bring over this lovely mechanic from Inquisition.