Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

That thing's a movie soundtrack the way Big Shiny Tunes 5 is a movie soundtrack.

Off the top of my head the Flaming Lips song and the Offspring song are both in the movie. There's probably others too.

The B&R soundtrack is fine. Neither one of them is close to Batman 89.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hahahaha, C/D sucks so bad they had to make a new movie forum.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Maybe it'll be possible to discuss a movie without treating each post like a college assignment now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Maybe it'll be possible to discuss a movie without treating each post like a college assignment now.

Rule #1 should be that SMG isn't allowed in the new forum.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

It says "No Zizek Allowed" so I thought that was given.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhyno posted:

There's really no point to the new forum other than to be the No SMGs Club.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Scrolling past posts you dont want to read is just too much work in 2016.

Thanks Trump

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can I just be the first to say people should just scroll passed posts by posters they don't like?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Can I just be the first to say people should just scroll passed posts by posters they don't like?

Or put them on Ignore.

But then someone quotes them or the entire page is a dedicated discussion or response to that poster. SMG is like a force of nature in C/D so he's nearly impossible to avoid.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Keep scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, WHAT!?

Keep scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, COME ON!

Keep scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

People whining about SMG posts have always been a bigger thread killer than anything he's ever actually said

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

purple death ray posted:

People whining about SMG posts have always been a bigger thread killer than anything he's ever actually said

Careful now, talk like that will get you labeled a sympathizer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

HE IS A POX AND MUST BE STOPPED.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Once again, this thread is not the thread where you complain about another forum. Knock it off.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
We could try splitting the thread into two threads, 1 for movie discussion and 1 for discussing the discussions.

idk just a thought

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

It says "No Zizek Allowed" so I thought that was given.

I don't get the appeal of Zizek. I've read some stuff he's done and don't think he's a very good writer. Maybe he's better in his native language. It just got very boring reading these rambling screeds week-in week-out in the New Statesman about how the EU is pure evil and Germany and the Germans are "the Enemy" but Britain shouldn't leave because Nigel Farage is a racist. :shrug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zizek is a fire demon from the 3rd layer of Hel, a chief lieutenant of Baal.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Zizek is a fire demon from the 3rd layer of Hel, a chief lieutenant of Baal.

After watching ash v evil dead I read that as Bill

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Hahahaha, C/D sucks so bad they had to make a new movie forum.

How soon til Batman Shameful Secret gets split into another comicbook forum?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Tomorrow

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The other one will be called Superman's Shameful Secret, and then we fight until realizing the mods of both forums are named Martha.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

We'd need more than 7 active posters to merit a subforum.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

greatn posted:

Keep scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, WHAT!?

Keep scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, COME ON!

Keep scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling

I like how this works on two levels. Good job.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I hope you know I pack a space bar

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

Blockhouse posted:

I hope you know I pack a space bar

What?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tapping space bar will quickly scroll down a page/scroll to the bottom of a page depending on your settings.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

a motherfucking space bar

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I appreciate the more thoughtful and nuanced discussion on c/d, and much prefer it over the discussions here.

There they discuss the movies on their own strengths and can separate it from its comic book roots. Here people see the movies as extensions of the comics, and have more casual conversations about the movies, if that makes sense, so cineD is far more interesting. Plus you might actually learn something about cinemaphotography if you lurk there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's literally the point of this thread, since all film theory is actually bullshit.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

McCloud posted:

I appreciate the more thoughtful and nuanced discussion on c/d, and much prefer it over the discussions here.

There they discuss the movies on their own strengths and can separate it from its comic book roots. Here people see the movies as extensions of the comics, and have more casual conversations about the movies, if that makes sense, so cineD is far more interesting. Plus you might actually learn something about cinemaphotography if you lurk there.

If you love it so much, why don't you marry it?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Homecoming has those web things in the armpits.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spider-Man having an incredibly wealthy and friendly patron from the very start is such an odd concept. I assume at some point he's gonna have to get separated from Tony Stark due to RDJ not wanting to come back the fact that it's hard to have TOO much drama when Iron Man is on call.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Eh, it's not like many stories hinged on Peter's suit not being quite as efficient as it could be if Tony Stark sewed it from some super fabric. It's not like Spidey can't get help if he really wanted to in any other canon, people just naturally expect characters to stay in their own world most of the time.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
If Tony's gonna keep funding Spider-Man's suits, I really hope we get to see Iron Spidey at some point because that would just be kinda neat to see in movement.

Question: Why is Zendaya being credited as "Michelle?" I thought she was confirmed to be Mary Jane?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I admit there's always going to be a part of me that prefers Spider-Man as a hero who does it all on his own but it's good to have different approaches. Especially since he's showing up in circumstances that are different than the old comics. Here he's a late-comer hero compared to the others and SHIELD/Tony is omnipresent so it's not out of left-field to work them in from the beginning.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I never liked the web armpits. They should be radical. Bring in the web cape from Unlimited.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jamesman posted:

If Tony's gonna keep funding Spider-Man's suits, I really hope we get to see Iron Spidey at some point because that would just be kinda neat to see in movement.

Question: Why is Zendaya being credited as "Michelle?" I thought she was confirmed to be Mary Jane?

After she was confirmed, wherever that originally came from, she came out a couple weeks ago and shot it down saying she was not Mary Jane. So who knows at this point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

After she was confirmed, wherever that originally came from, she came out a couple weeks ago and shot it down saying she was not Mary Jane. So who knows at this point.

Did you see the interview she said that in though? She makes a big wink at the camera after.

I still think Mary Jane is already going to be some well known actress and/or model or something and she's pulling a Hannah Montana kind of thing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Aphrodite posted:

Did you see the interview she said that in though? She makes a big wink at the camera after.

I still think Mary Jane is already going to be some well known actress and/or model or something and she's pulling a Hannah Montana kind of thing.

"After saving teen celebrity model Mary Jane from a car accident, Peter suddenly asks her out to his prom night and she says yes! Things get messy however, when Peter remembers he and his childhood friend Michelle Watson had a pact for prom! Tony suggests "Go with both." as a joke, but he might closer to the money than he usually is..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"After saving teen celebrity model Mary Jane from a car accident, Peter suddenly asks her out to his prom night and she says yes! Things get messy however, when Peter remembers he and his childhood friend Michelle Watson had a pact for prom! Tony suggests "Go with both." as a joke, but he might closer to the money than he usually is..."

Spider-Man goes to prom with Mary Jane, but Peter goes to prom with Liz Allan. He has to keep changing in and out of costume to juggle both dates until he eventually messes it up.

• Locked thread