Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Regalia is one of my favorite things about the game

This is my opinion on clothes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Imagine reading impatom's post when they changed that one character's pose or whatever it was in overwatch.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nina posted:

How did the discussion get to this from people finding a character design poor and inconsistent with the rest of the visual direction of a project. Sheesh
people are totally allowed to feel that way i just dislike the idea that people are somehow wrong or bad if they don't feel that way.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Terper posted:

The Regalia is one of my favorite things about the game

This is my opinion on clothes

I just wish I knew where to go for the customization materials so I can get all the pretty colours I want.

By the way where can I buy a "Memories of FFVI"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ImpAtom posted:

I think it's a problem when it actively distracts from or drags down a character. In the case of Cindy I think it's pretty fair to say that is the case, as almost the exclusive response to her is discussing her outfit. You can do cheesecake that isn't so overtly distracting or at least fits more coherently.

Eva from MGS3 is a good example of this, though her character is more of a femme fatale which (at least so far in my playthrough) Cindy is not.

On the other hand, the hillbilly accent is hilarious and infinitely better than the "EYYYYY ITS PRONOUNCE MOOTZARELL, YOU PUT IT ON TOP OF THE RIGOTT WHEN YA MAKE DA LASAGANA" rear end in a top hat siren that is Dino.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Imagine reading impatom's post when they changed that one character's pose or whatever it was in overwatch.

The one where they specifically changed a character's pose because they said it was inappropriate for the character? I'm sort of confused what point you're making here.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

What do I do with the shards I've been collecting? I want to make pretty paints for my car, but they all need ores. What's the difference?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

ImpAtom posted:

The one where they specifically changed a character's pose because they said it was inappropriate for the character? I'm sort of confused what point you're making here.

Something about those perfidious SJW's or something.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

ImpAtom posted:

My point is you're easily triggered by sexy videogame boobs.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Arist posted:

Did I miss a boss fight? I was looking for tombs so I went to the dungeon at that mountain all the way to the west and when I got to the top there was a massive arena and no fight.

You didn't miss anything. The trek up the mountain is pretty rough though, especially if you forgot to bring Smelling Salts and Gladio wasn't kind enough to pick up some Remedies.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I will hear no criticisms of Cindy's accent. It's good to finally hear an accent like mine in a game I like that isn't Starcraft.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ImpAtom posted:

So what is Cindy's character then? What exactly about her would make it so that she wouldn't normally wear a skimpy outfit

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

CharlestonJew posted:

So what is Cindy's character then? What exactly about her would make it so that she wouldn't normally wear a skimpy outfit

Cindy should be a 300 pound beautiful womyn wearing a trenchcoat imo

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Sorry if this has been asked before, I've been avoiding the threads to avoid spoilers but what the gently caress is up with coeurls jesus loving christ.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
It's okay to hold specific standards for character design. It's also totally okay for people not to have a problem with it. There's no other direction for this discussion than the kind of discourse that gives the gaming community a bad name so I'd suggest just burying it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just loving say you like tits and stop pretending there's another reason you're defending the design.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Just loving say you like tits and stop pretending there's another reason you're defending the design.

i loving love tits, my dude

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Why does the restaurant guy in Hammerhead sound so startled when I start talking to him? He sounds absolutely terrified then goes right back to telling me which varmints to hunt

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Endorph posted:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
When will we get realistic women mechanics in my video games

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
God dammit you all are going to get this thread closed and then where will I get all my Final Fantasy discussion at?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endorph posted:

See, now people know that it's fruitless to argue with someone so obviously wrong.

Dongs are #1.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

See, now people know that it's fruitless to argue with someone so obviously wrong.

Dongs are #1.
im a lesbian, i will never know the pleasure of a dong

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Note that one of the features for Tabata's Type-O was each playable female character having unique panties.

http://andriasang.com/comynw/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think it's funny when you're doing Cidney's sidequests that she's obviously well versed in manipulating dudes to do stuff for her.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

Note that one of the features for Tabata's Type-O was each playable female character having unique panties.

Why stop there when we can also relive the magic of Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday.

What I'm saying is I'm pretty sure Cindy is Tabatas waifu, and I hope he knows what her accent is in America.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know if he still does it but there used to be a guy who popped into the PSN Store thread weekly to share what kind of DLC panties had been added to some Japanese RPG.

He seemed really into the game though. Good for him.

vvv It was D_T? That explains so much. vvv

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 2, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know if he still does it but there used to be a guy who popped into the PSN Store thread weekly to share what kind of DLC panties had been added to some Japanese RPG.

He seemed really into the game though. Good for him.

Sadly D_T's love for Senran Kagura has waned in recent months.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Senran Kagura had corrupted DLC panties that would gently caress up your game if you downloaded them for a bit. The most dangerous game.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

WaltherFeng posted:

Brb buying type-0

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

IcePhoenix posted:

I think it's funny when you're doing Cidney's sidequests that she's obviously well versed in manipulating dudes to do stuff for her.

She's basically Daisy Duke.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean i'm down for arguing about my gender rights and we can talk about it until we are blue in the face cindy's design is p. cute.

not functional obviously but it's p. cute

also the game is fun

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

IcePhoenix posted:

That seems to be every NPC that offers quests thus far. Your party even makes a joke about Dino:

"That fucker keeps making me fetch stones for him!"

"Well, you're the one that agreed to it, Noctis..."

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I live in South Texas where it's hot as gently caress and the only part of Cindy's outfit I find unreasonable given her locale is those ridiculous leather thighhigh dealies.

Seriously though how the gently caress do you beat coeurls?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dino is a beautiful man and I'm glad that I can help him get a more rewarding and lucrative career than journalism.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

As a Scandinavian, I love all these different accents, but then again, Skyrim was terrible

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

But I'm gonna chalk that up to bad voice acting. No one in that game sounds interested in anything. Cindy and Dino sound like they're having fun.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
Are the load times much better with an SSD? I'm considering getting one this weekend.

FAUXTON posted:

On the other hand, the hillbilly accent is hilarious and infinitely better than the "EYYYYY ITS PRONOUNCE MOOTZARELL, YOU PUT IT ON TOP OF THE RIGOTT WHEN YA MAKE DA LASAGANA" rear end in a top hat siren that is Dino.

you are dead to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Eyyy ya gotta get me the gemstones, capisce?

• Locked thread