Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

i wasnt getting them when i played her without the wall stun??
Any knockback or displacement procs it. Trundle's Pillar and Yorick's Wall proc it if you land them directly on someone, for instance.

rabidsquid posted:

to me, crying is the most anime sword man action possible and i eternally respect amumu and how he's the true king of anime
It's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Why would you buy a relic shield in a solo lane

Orv
May 4, 2011
Does Spirit Visage apply to shields?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Spellthief's Edge is a good item, possibly the best item

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Orv posted:

Does Spirit Visage apply to shields?

I think it makes her empowered tractor beam even more deceptively annoying.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
2 gold per 10 secs!!!!

you gotta get out that lane at some point and the heal is based on levels and it's just really cool when you q a minion wave and you heal up your team :(

Also, I'm sure FotM is actually the most efficient item in terms of gold to stat+active+passive ratio

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tired Moritz posted:

2 gold per 10 secs!!!!

you gotta get out that lane at some point and the heal is based on levels and it's just really cool when you q a minion wave and you heal up your team :(

Also, I'm sure FotM is actually the most efficient item in terms of gold to stat+active+passive ratio

Don't 4get the passive!!!!!! a THEORETICAL...

:siren: 48 _FREE..GOLD_ per minute!! :siren:

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was specifically wondering because every unkillable Poppy I see goes Sunfire into Visage and from that point it takes five people to kill them. If Visage applies to shields and Poppy gets two really good shields every, ten seconds or so? It would explain a lot.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Spirit Visage doesn't increase the effectiveness of shields, no.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Support Miss Fortune is by no means optimal but holy poo poo does it seem to make people go full-on braindead in the most hilarious way.

"She is shooting me with BULLETS! This is insane. Clearly I must run into her and feed a billion kills."

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
But maybe, just maybe, it's not good

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
How come that graph goes from 44 to 50 percent instead of 50 to 51.4 percent like an accurate and scientific graph would.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

But maybe, just maybe, it's not good

Oh no, it's not good at all. It's just hilarious how much it tilts people.

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016

Work Friend Keven posted:

How come that graph goes from 44 to 50 percent instead of 50 to 51.4 percent like an accurate and scientific graph would.

We're living in Trumpland now, so there's no need to have a sad devotion to ancient religions like science.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Work Friend Keven posted:

bass line bopbop bop boop bop doot doot doodle doo

Orv
May 4, 2011
Is Rengar top still a thing or is that a waste of Rengar's current roaming murder potential?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
who broke league it's broken

who did it

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

who broke league it's broken

who did it

huskar

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Orv posted:

Is Rengar top still a thing or is that a waste of Rengar's current roaming murder potential?

You can roam from top at any time

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Tired Moritz posted:

How to play sololane tank karma, the bad bronze way.

1. rush armor if against ad, spirit visage against ap (you'll have to get spirit visage at some point)
4. cdr tanky items
3. a cheap relic shield for that 2 gold per 10 sec/your q can easily procs the heals

you don't even have to think about anything else, use your q to poke and if the enemy goes in, just r+w, e, and q.

Just buy a doran's ring and rush Rod of Ages -> Fiendish codex + kindlegem -> finish Hextech Protobelt + Abyssal/Zhonya's -> Spirit Visage. At any point you can deviate and take a gently caress-off Randuin's Thornmail or Banshee's to give the finger to whoever is causing the most havoc on the enemy team. Off-tank AP is the way to go. Also JFC at suggesting building a goddamn support item that does nothing when you are by yourself.

edit: I could also see building Redemption on toplane Karma though, that item is loving NUTS.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 1, 2016

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

How Rude posted:

Just buy a doran's ring and rush Rod of Ages -> Fiendish codex + kindlegem -> finish Hextech Protobelt + Abyssal/Zhonya's -> Spirit Visage. At any point you can deviate and take a gently caress-off Randuin's Thornmail or Banshee's to give the finger to whoever is causing the most havoc on the enemy team. Off-tank AP is the way to go. Also JFC at suggesting building a goddamn support item that does nothing when you are by yourself.

edit: I could also see building Redemption on toplane Karma though, that item is loving NUTS.

What rune / masteries do you suggest ?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

How Rude posted:

I could also see building Redemption on toplane Karma though, that item is loving NUTS.

It's genuinely weird it's not getting dinged in the next patch, because it's close to old Locket levels of necessary on non-Zyra/Brand/Vel supports. I'm all for good support items, but it really doesn't feel like we're getting the variety they were aiming for: you pretty much always go Redemption -> Locket, or possibly Mikael's beforehand if there's an Ashe or Morgana.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

stump collector posted:

You can roam from top at any time

top lane is an honorable duel to the death between two powerful foes and any intervention is the behavior of a coward. leaving the lane is also cowardly behavior and you bring shame upon your lane, and your family

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
click here to watch daemonlasher a k a wrath get farted on by imaqtpie

Orv
May 4, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

top lane is an honorable duel to the death between two powerful foes and any intervention is the behavior of a coward. leaving the lane is also cowardly behavior and you bring shame upon your lane, and your family

My issue with roaming as top is that I seem to exclusively play against other top laners that just push endlessly the moment I'm away from top for five seconds, which is a good thing, but means I have to be way more careful about when I roam, which is something my sense of is kind of bad.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I remember when qtpie said I was a scary kayle.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Orv posted:

My issue with roaming as top is that I seem to exclusively play against other top laners that just push endlessly the moment I'm away from top for five seconds, which is a good thing, but means I have to be way more careful about when I roam, which is something my sense of is kind of bad.

my rule of thumb is that you can pretty easily go for a roam if you have knowledge of the enemy jungler's location and you can easily push your wave. if you're stronger you can actually leave and try to get them to follow you and then kill them when they facecheck you. but that's more of a midlane play

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
a solo queue jungle haiku

smite support blitz
in my jungle
bot lane 4 cs down 2v1

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
It's kind of nice when you lose lane and the rest of your lanes do and everyone just surrenders at 20, bad matchmaking aside i'd much rather have that situation over being the one that straight up costs your team the game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

How Rude posted:

If you gonna build tank, you gonna go all the way.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Did Riot say if the 10ban system will be used on soloq or is it for competitive only?

Also the other day I saw a post that riot are testing ffs at 15 if its unanimous. Seriously that is a horrible idea. I am just ready for people to start giving up at 15 mins now instead of 20 and spam ff. I know its unanimous so it has to be all 5 votes but it still sucks. I am definitely not the guy who says never give up but giving people an excuse to quit even earlier is just stupid. They should make it ff at 10 but only if there is a dc and u should lose half lp but full lp for whoever quit.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I can barely get my team to pass a 4-1 vote to surrender when we're down 5k at 20 minutes with a 6/1/2 Vayne on the enemy team. I suspect that the proportion of 15 minute surrenders will be even smaller than the normal 20 minute ones.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
5k at 20 minutes in a soloqueue game is nothing, honestly

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I'd honeslty be fine if they changed it to majority rule rather than needing 4/1. It's p frustrating when you lose 10 more mins of your lives because the people who performed badly have something to prove. Don't get me wrong in ranked I'm certainly on the 'never give up' side of things but in norms it's inevitably the people feeding that make it so you can't leave.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Tired Moritz posted:

If you gonna build tank, you gonna go all the way.

your heal as well as your shield scales with AP as well, it's better to get AP + HP items if you want to cheese idiots to death with Mantra W.

Etrips posted:

What rune / masteries do you suggest ?

Thunderlords with the CDR mastery of course. If you want more sustained damage for stronger trading go for 12/18/0 and take the increased damage over time in combat mastery. If you want to be more bullshit with mantra W go 0/18/12 for the increased healing mastery. MPen Reds, Scaling Health Yellows, 15% scaling CDR blues, AP quints should work quite well.

also re: surrender votes, Riot should make it so that if a 3/0, 3/1, or 3/2 surrender vote fails two times in a row the next time should only need 3 to succeed. That way the toxic idiots who are feeding intentionally and wasting your time and the enemy team that is dicking around and jerking off have to end the game instead of wasting a bunch of other players' time

How Rude fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Dec 2, 2016

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

I'd honeslty be fine if they changed it to majority rule rather than needing 4/1. It's p frustrating when you lose 10 more mins of your lives because the people who performed badly have something to prove. Don't get me wrong in ranked I'm certainly on the 'never give up' side of things but in norms it's inevitably the people feeding that make it so you can't leave.

On the other side though there is definitely a bunch of people who ff too soon. Like gold leads mean nothing unless its high diamond elo. Unless its like 10k+. I have had many games where the team has ff'd with no inhibs down or enemy team having baron. Or players who pick Vayne/Ryze and then FF at 20 mins when they are late game champs like if u wanna win early game champs dont play hyperscaling champs.

I will ff at 20 right away if its huge lead and they have better comp scaling or otherwise but lots of players just tilt immediately if things don't go slightly in their way. Or u lose 1 teamfight and they get butthurt try to ff.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Ulio posted:

On the other side though there is definitely a bunch of people who ff too soon. Like gold leads mean nothing unless its high diamond elo. Unless its like 10k+. I have had many games where the team has ff'd with no inhibs down or enemy team having baron. Or players who pick Vayne/Ryze and then FF at 20 mins when they are late game champs like if u wanna win early game champs dont play hyperscaling champs.

I will ff at 20 right away if its huge lead and they have better comp scaling or otherwise but lots of players just tilt immediately if things don't go slightly in their way. Or u lose 1 teamfight and they get butthurt try to ff.

yeah I'm not saying the optimal strategy isn't play it out every time and that's what i do in ranked but in norms when 2 lanes + the jungle feeds and only 1 of the 3 people accept that not everyone might wanna play out the game it sucks. Not everyone has infinite time and if I had the choice between 1 more game that evening or spending 20 minutes doing well while the same lanes that lost continue to do so I'd rather have a fresh game if it's norms.

I'm not gonna deny I've been the dude on the other side of a 3v2 in ranked where we ended up winning the game and it was great, like I think my late game play is probably the strongest attribute i have but in norms it's kind of a dick move to lose lane then refuse to ff out of spite.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 2, 2016

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
With even the smallest modicum of critical thinking bronze players could be gold immediately via building actual items that work.

Half the players in this game are complete idiots

Just stop having a child's level of thought and you too can win games easily

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
I dunno I stopped washing my singular tea cup and I'm suddenly better at the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Does anyone happen to know what type of damage Ardent Censer's passive provides? It says "drain health" but I'm assuming it's akin to Grasp of the Undying where the damage portion is magic but the heal always heals for the same amount regardless of mitigation.

• Locked thread