Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
REALLY bad animation, like that gun grab thing, registers fast but honestly I don't notice that kind of thing for the most part. ME1 had some dumb and bad animations but they were almost charming in their own stilted sort of way. Like the haymaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

thats a lot of failed hosting mate

Serf
May 5, 2011

I didn't notice anything wrong with the trailer, but when pointed out, yeah some of that looks pretty rough.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Now to decide what bad mass effect quote to use.

edit: I look at this and can't stop thinking about eating cereal.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 2, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
All the mass effect games had super weak facial animation.

That's why a scene like this stands out and was hilarious, because suddenly stonefaced Shepardman looks horrified at some EDI joke

Most of the time in earlier mass effects you basically just got their default expression for 90% of the game, but it kind of worked with those graphics and because it was uniform. With these new characters parts of them are super expressive, their mouths for example, and then other parts of their face are dead which creates a weird effect

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

thrilla in vanilla posted:

REALLY bad animation, like that gun grab thing, registers fast but honestly I don't notice that kind of thing for the most part. ME1 had some dumb and bad animations but they were almost charming in their own stilted sort of way. Like the haymaker

Oh no, the gun grab thing bothered me a bit. Probably because it was a dumb move that shouldn't have succeeded in the first place. I was more speaking about the facial animation in this particular instance.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
This is the same bioware that can't help but release amor and weapons for DAI that constantly clip into each other during front facing cutscenes and rear view walking animations. Never mind that these are the cases where you're looking at our character 90% of the time.

Those animations aren't getting fixed.

Hopefully the MP stays fun.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nobody is buying mass effect for superior character animation.

It has always looked janky as poo poo.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I can't wait to scan plants and minerals alongside my companions, New Wrex and New Garrus but a Girl.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

the good fax machine posted:

yeah but they had the limitation of the old consoles to blame previously

now there's not really any excuse, especially seeing as Witcher 3 somehow runs on consoles and doesnt look jank AF

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

the good fax machine posted:

No but people will not buy it because of inferior character animation

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
nah MEA is gonna sell like hot cakes unless some huge glaring problem comes up

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I can't wait to scan plants and minerals alongside my companions, New Wrex and New Garrus but a Girl.

Girlus and Dreck

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Looks like they hired the team who did the facial animation for Deus Ex MD.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
talking with a friend about what if Liara's in it

we thought it would be pretty great if Liara is old and senile and doesnt remember Shepard's details properly

"Oh Shepard yeah I knew him... or was he a she? We killed the Rachni Queen together!... or saved it, who remembers that stuff?!"

bioware wont do this though

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Moola posted:

we thought it would be pretty great if Liara is old and senile and doesnt remember Shepard's details properly

"Oh Shepard yeah I knew him... or was he a she? We killed the Rachni Queen together!... or saved it, who remembers that stuff?!"

You're right they won't do it because it would be too dumb and pointless and cliche even for them.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Moola posted:

600 years isn't "old" for an Asari. Pretty sure Samara was flirting with a millenium.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope all the Asari are dead.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

You're right they won't do it because it would be too dumb and pointless and cliche even for them.

nah it would be good and cool

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Hopefully we hear some radio ad for Blasto XXXV or something, I'm disappointed they never had a Hanar playable for ME3

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Alain Post posted:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Andromeda is 2.5m Ly away, unless every colonist has one of those super expensive and rare quantum entanglement drives I don't think we're gonna be talking to the old world much

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
A boss fight with a crazed Shepard VI that took over one of those giant walker bots and is trying to gently caress/drop product placement/punch everyone who he sees as a news reporter.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Crabtree posted:

A boss fight with a crazed Shepard VI that took over one of those giant walker bots and is trying to gently caress/drop product placement/punch everyone who he sees as a news reporter.

heck yeah!

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Bone Wrex

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Alain Post posted:

There should have been another option to the whole genophage thing.

1) Genophage the Krogan
2) Do not Genophage the Krogan
3) Redirect Genophage to Asari.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There is an asari right there in the trailer BOYOS

Also they are like the flagship fuckable race of the series, there's gonna be a bunch of em

Also my shepard was so cybernetic i'm pretty sure he stopped aging and became immortal ( he also killed all the reapers and survived and became king of the earth)

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Mass Effect: The Series is never ever going back to the Milky Way unless it's for some spinoff prequel

It's Andromeda from now on, forever

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Chomp8645 posted:

There should have been another option to the whole genophage thing.

1) Genophage the Krogan
2) Do not Genophage the Krogan
3) Redirect Genophage to Asari.

Same, but for the bit about the Catalyst blowing up the Geth. Imagine if Destroy painfully killed the entire Asari population. I'm imagining it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Pattonesque posted:

Mass Effect: The Series is never ever going back to the Milky Way unless it's for some spinoff prequel

It's Andromeda from now on, forever

Why though? Both the control and destroy endings can be built upon. They'd just have to choose a "canon" ending which isn't all that weird for RPGS

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Zzulu posted:

Why though? Both the control and destroy endings can be built upon. They'd just have to choose a "canon" ending which isn't all that weird for RPGS

Hint: it's because ME3 was poo poo

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Mass Effect was build in the promise that your choices matter. I don't think they can ever continue after the Shepard Trilogy without pissing off a good amount of people if they were offered a sequel where Shepard controlled the Reapers when they wanted to destroy them or the Geth are gone because Destroy was chosen as the 'canon' ending to move forward. Not to mention how you reconcile Synthesis in a sequel.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 2, 2016

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
What's with the "meme game" accusations?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SgtSteel91 posted:

Mass Effect was build in the promise that your choices matter. I don't think they can ever continue after the Shepard Trilogy without pissing off a good amount of people.

They couldn't even finish it.....

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SgtSteel91 posted:

Mass Effect was build in the promise that your choices matter. I don't think they can ever continue after the Shepard Trilogy without pissing off a good amount of people.

Theoretically Dragon Age was supposed to be all "choices matter" too but that didn't stop them from just going "yeah we don't care if these characters could be dead if your playthrough, they're alive again writers prerogative lmao". They don't give a gently caress.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rinkles posted:

What's with the "meme game" accusations?

Bioware's writing team has been infiltrated by lovely Joss Whedon knockoffs that layer their monkey cheese filth on top of the generally excellent and interesting work done by the lore and world building teams.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Chomp8645 posted:

Theoretically Dragon Age was supposed to be all "choices matter" too but that didn't stop them from just going "yeah we don't care if these characters could be dead if your playthrough, they're alive again writers prerogative lmao". They don't give a gently caress.

Actually they way they handled Leliana in DAI loving owned

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Chomp8645 posted:

Killing Leliana in Origins makes her hilarious in Inquisition, so everybody should do that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bioware's writing team has been infiltrated by lovely Joss Whedon knockoffs that layer their monkey cheese filth on top of the generally excellent and interesting work done by the lore and world building teams.

Thank you for making a post that I can agree with. Bioware are in terminal decline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

But nothing particular to Andromeda yet?