Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Note that if you run into jorgrun and can't get out of his LOS he will kill you dead quicker than you thought possible.

Speleothing posted:

Is that a new Sprint map?

No, I mean crabs as a race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

all i want for christmas is perfectly resistant rMut or removal of malmutate/addition of a playable crab race

i tried coming up with ideas for a crab race and all i could think of was innate spiny/claws, hats because a crab wearing a hat is great, and some sort of survivability mechanic related to crustaceans not feeling pain (although i think current research is leaning towards them in fact feeling pain)

alternatively remove the dancing god and incorporate the mechanics into one big joke race of fiddler crabs

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Sojenus posted:

all i want for christmas is perfectly resistant rMut or removal of malmutate/addition of a playable crab race

i tried coming up with ideas for a crab race and all i could think of was innate spiny/claws, hats because a crab wearing a hat is great, and some sort of survivability mechanic related to crustaceans not feeling pain (although i think current research is leaning towards them in fact feeling pain)

alternatively remove the dancing god and incorporate the mechanics into one big joke race of fiddler crabs

You could just play an Octopode and pretend you're a crab? Kinda similar??

But malmutate still sucks and half the time I'm gobbling purple chunks and playing mutation roullette just to get rMut and Clarity. Anything else is a bonus.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You could have big damage remove limbs which grow back.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

i could never reach the suspension of disbelief necessary to pretend molluscs and arthropods are one and the same

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Hermit crab race can retreat into its shell and find new shells as it explore the dungeon.

dpeg
Jul 18, 2008
As far as I see it, you should never go to SA to look out for useful feedback or even interesting ideas; I certainly don't
Need more invertrebrates. Down with spine dominance and bonism!

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

cnidarian race that can switch between mobile medusa form and stationary polyp form with huge regeneration

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
A god that buffs elements and charms but prevents you from casting damage dealing spells.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Toxic Radiance technically isn't damage dealing. You're only increasing the poison in their systems that is dealing the damage!
Also Ignite Poison isn't directly damage dealing by the same logic. Not your fault that because of their poison you had introduced into their system they are now tremendously on fire.
Also also Conjure Flame already doesn't allow you to drop it directly on an enemy. They have to be morons to walk in there in the first place.

If the god is a rules lawyer as well, he would allow it. :colbert:

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Why does sandblast still require you to be wielding the rocks to get the benefit? I'd thought it'd have gone the same way as sticks to snakes but apparently not.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Carcer posted:

No, I mean crabs as a race.

A sprint that's literally a race would be kind of appropriate, though, don't you think? Blast through the GAUNTLET OF CRABS as quickly as possible. Poison crabs! Acid crabs! TSAR CRABBA! The potential is limitless...

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
FR: replace emperor scorpions with TSAR CRABBAs.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Sojenus posted:

Fiddler species start with one hand missing in exchange for a unique Claws mutation. Very high armor aptitude. Also water-breathing.

Also, in Crab Race you have to be sure to close the doors behind you so that the pursuing crabs don't catch up.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Give them innate riposte that kicks in when an attack does no damage due to armor.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

replace boring-rear end draconians with a similar species that starts as a zoea and randomly turns into a different type of crab. fiddler crab! spiny crab! coconut crab! hermit crab! sand bubbler crab! a horseshoe crab somehow!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Dungeon Crawl Crab Chowder

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Trunk updates, 30 November 2016 posted:

Screaming at tentacles is forbidden.

I really want to know.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Crab ability: Molting. Lose your thick (AC+, SH+, Spiny) shell to gain Swiftness and a short EV boost. Enemies will consider your inert former shell a target for several turns. It takes a moderate amount of EXP to regrow a thick shell, and molting cannot be used again until your shell is fully formed.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Crawl posted:

Oops, that ring feels deathly cold.
Xom is mildly amused.
l - a cursed +6 ring of slaying (left hand)
Oh no, a cursed ring!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Sojenus posted:

replace boring-rear end draconians with a similar species that starts as a zoea and randomly turns into a different type of crab. fiddler crab! spiny crab! coconut crab! hermit crab! sand bubbler crab! a horseshoe crab somehow!

I've said it before: replace all dragons with crabs. Dragon scales renamed Chitin
Fire Chitin, Swamp Chitin, Quicksilver Chitin

To go along with this, Crabbians

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Jvie posted:

I really want to know.

The Shoutitis mutation could be triggered by non-monsters, e.g. fulminating prisms, orbs of destruction, or tentacles. This seemed incorrect.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

What are the chances a beneficial mutation potion gives me Horns 3 as a minotaur?

I have an MR+ hat and just found two potions.

edit:
Found some nice randarts by the end of lair:
the +7 demon whip "Pyli" {elec, rPois Str+2 Dex+4}
the +9 broad axe of Paper {freeze, rElec rF+ MR+ Dex-3}
the ring of the Illusory Ships (left hand) {EV+4 Str+4 Dex+4 Stlth-}

edit2: quaffed the potions slimy green scales (+2AC) and clarity. Nice

odiv fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 2, 2016

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That axe is a marvelous resist stick, if nothing else.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

It's good enough for the game, I think. We'll see what else I find, but I'm going to dip into shields at least for bucklers.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Just realized that Mara is a rakshasa :monocle:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

PleasingFungus posted:

The Shoutitis mutation could be triggered by non-monsters, e.g. fulminating prisms, orbs of destruction, or tentacles. This seemed incorrect.
I liked the idea of someone yelling at their own OoD though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've pitched this FR before but a unique Krab King who is a priest of Qazlal and drops the unrand Krab Krown which gives rCloud

One day I'll learn crawl code and write a patch but until then all I can do is beg

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

IronicDongz posted:

I liked the idea of someone yelling at their own OoD though

I definitely yell at my own OoD when donald reflects it back.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Oh look, the dungeon floor is 3D!

[save and reload]

Hey, wait, what happened to those areas I had already explored?

Oh I guess that wasn't real...

I've been having trouble with webtiles in other ways lately, too, mostly the tiles in LOS aren't always 'lit'. Saving and reloading always fixes it.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Terrain mimics.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I think that's usually a memory issue. Switching to chrome and a faster computer basically completely removed issues like that for me.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

It is chrome. I have 16GB RAM.

e: Chrome had been running for 7 days, I'll restart and see if that helps.

taqueso fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 2, 2016

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Are acid dragons a thing now? I just found a set of their scales in a shop

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I've said it before: replace all dragons with crabs. Dragon scales renamed Chitin
Fire Chitin, Swamp Chitin, Quicksilver Chitin

To go along with this, Crabbians

All stereotypical D&D monsters should be replaced with crustaceans.
Dragons -> Crabs
Orcs -> Crayfish
Goblins -> Woodlouse (aka pill bug aka rolly poly)
Elves -> Shrimp
Trolls -> Lobsters

HisMajestyBOB fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 3, 2016

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

cheetah7071 posted:

Are acid dragons a thing now? I just found a set of their scales in a shop
Yes, they replace mottled dragons.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

IronicDongz posted:

Yes, they replace mottled dragons.

A very good change imo

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yeah. Now all I want for christmas is for elec draconians to become blue, black(shadow) draconians to get added, grey draconians to get splinter breath attack, and ghost drac breath reformed so it either goes away on death or doesn't change to draining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Holy poo poo Meliai do not gently caress around

• Locked thread