Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I didn't finish DAI and come to think I didn't have my save to import because I played Origins on a different platform. What was the explanation and/or what did it make happen with Leliana if she was supposed to have been dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Consider the following. What if the reapers did 9/11. Also what if the reapers had won.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dragon Age: Inquisition had the most boring cast of companions in any Bioware game ever and nothing so far has looked like an improvement on that. Also they were boring despite having "wacky" traits like Cassandra liking fanfiction or some stupid rear end poo poo. I hate Dragon Age: Inquisition

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Dragon Age Inquisition was my first Dragon Age game and I am interested in Dragon Age 4.

I also have an unopened copy of the Witcher 3.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Dragon Age Inquisition was OKAY

It had a pretty dull story though and while most of the characters were serviceable, none really stood out as particularly memorable

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Consider the following. What if the reapers did 9/11. Also what if the reapers had won.

We can't even play ball in our own galaxy anymore. Reapers did win, my dude.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Chomp8645 posted:

I didn't finish DAI and come to think I didn't have my save to import because I played Origins on a different platform. What was the explanation and/or what did it make happen with Leliana if she was supposed to have been dead?

she's a Cole

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
Must admit I’m not too enthusiastic for Dragon Age: Inquisition in Space.

Also, I’m going to miss punching people through windows and then quipping about it. That janky gun-grab just doesn’t compare.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Chomp8645 posted:

She says something ridiculous like "the Maker decided it wasn't my time" and then refuses to say anything further if you keep asking. It's mostly funny because it totally changes her attitude toward the Hero of Ferelden and she has nothing but contempt as everybody else keeps talking about what a great guy he was.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Uhhh Solas was one of the most interesting characters they've ever written and he basically warrants a second play through if the game but looking at him carefully.

Leliana was well done.

Cassandra, Dorian, Bull and Cole were all pretty well done too save for the aforementioned monkey cheese bullshit that isn't too bad.

Varrick is pretty fan servicey. Same with Cullen.

Blackwall was interesting in a Solas kinda way but pretty bland.

Sera was Sera.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

exquisite tea posted:

She says something ridiculous like "the Maker decided it wasn't my time" and then refuses to say anything further if you keep asking. It's mostly funny because it totally changes her attitude toward the Hero of Ferelden and she has nothing but contempt as everybody else keeps talking about what a great guy he was.

Wrong

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I actually liked Solas and Cassandra was likable in a stoic kind of way. Pretty much hated everyone else, or at least thought they were boring as poo poo.

Lol that the best mission they could think of for Dorian was "uh gay people sometimes have intolerant parents right". Progressive

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I don't want to get into a total DAI derail of the thread but there's an insane amount of interesting poo poo going on with the Temple of Sacred Ashes and why Corypheus was there at the beginning and why Leliana is still around and what's up with Mythal and the elves.

Also Dumat.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 2, 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Alain Post posted:

I actually liked Solas and Cassandra was likable in a stoic kind of way. Pretty much hated everyone else, or at least thought they were boring as poo poo.

Same.

You basically have to fill two spots with Cassandra and either Solas or CircleMageLady because otherwise the party banter is just an unending stream of tumblr vomit.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative/training-hub/arks-and-nexus

Serf
May 5, 2011

Chalk me up as someone who has liked all the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games. I pretty much got what I wanted out of each of them.

Best thing Bioware's ever done is ME3 multiplayer though. I was down on it before the game came out because it sounded dumb, and then I played it and ended up dumping 100 hours into it. Holy poo poo that was fun.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Alain Post posted:

Lol that the best mission they could think of for Dorian was "uh gay people sometimes have intolerant parents right". Progressive
Don't forget Iron Bull's super-didactic lecture about properly gendering Krem

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Elotana posted:

I mean at least they didn't have Krem get stabbed and die or some poo poo, which is what usually happens with characters like this in fiction

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cole was the worst character in a Bioware game, even worse than Sera. Magical children who are actually 1000-year old spirits are the worst anime trope and he never shuts up so you have to listen to bad freely association magnetic poetry every time he speaks.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Dragon Age: Inquistion cast was written to give players the full spectrum of gameplay classes and romance options, but not much else.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

exquisite tea posted:

Cole was the worst character in a Bioware game, even worse than Sera. Magical children who are actually 1000-year old spirits are the worst anime trope and he never shuts up so you have to listen to bad freely association magnetic poetry every time he speaks.

I knew he was going to be awful so as soon as he revealed himself I chose to shoo him off and I made that choice without hesitation even knowing he was a potential party member.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Elotana posted:

Yeah, that whole conversation is problematic, the only things you could say were either nothing or various shades to gender blindness.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lt. Danger posted:

Dragon Age: Inquistion cast was written to give players the full spectrum of gameplay classes and romance options, but not much else.

When thinking about the Dragon Age: Inquisition cast the word "spectrum" definitely comes to mind

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

exquisite tea posted:

It's more complicated than that though, and it get's a satisfactory explanation.

Alain Post posted:

I mean at least they didn't have Krem get stabbed and die or some poo poo, which is what usually happens with characters like this in fiction

I totally killed Krem. Got to get that Qunari alliance.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CottonWolf posted:

It's more complicated than that though, and it get's a satisfactory explanation.

I totally killed Krem. Got to get that Qunari alliance.

You played trespasser yet?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So is Super Vanguard going to be the most broken/best class to play as and then Bioware will poo poo itself and nerf it like they did with the spirit sword mages? Like suddenly classes have advanced forms and one of them can make charge go all scanners and blow up enemy heads?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 2, 2016

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Alain Post posted:

When thinking about the Dragon Age: Inquisition cast the word "spectrum" definitely comes to mind

*with an extremely tiny head* You said it, boss

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Crabtree posted:

So is Super Vanguard going to be the most broken/best class to play as and then Bioware will poo poo itself and nerf it like they did with the spirit sword mages?

No classes, so everyone can be vanguard! What's to nerf when everyone has the power?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You played trespasser yet?

They did exactly what they should have done with that choice. When I started to see what was going on I was worried that they wouldn't have the guts to do it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Who cares if poo poo is OP in a single player game?

If spergs minmax 3 guard staff 5 guard armor KEs and then bitch about the game being too easy tell them to stfu

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CottonWolf posted:

They did exactly what they should have done with that choice. When I started to see what was going on I was worried that they wouldn't have the guts to do it.

Trespasser was extremely good imho and gives me hope

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Who cares if poo poo is OP in a single player game?

If spergs minmax 3 guard staff 5 guard armor KEs and then bitch about the game being too easy tell them to stfu

Won't anyone think of the plight of the boring Solider?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm one of the boring masses who played Soldier in all 3 games. I liked using the heavy machine gun that had a ton of ammo and then you made the ammo explode on impact into fire while you slowed down time around you. That was good. Biotics just seemed like taking the long way around when you could just blow holes into all the badguys right away

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Alain Post posted:

It's an Oscar Wilde allusion. Of course it would be about homophobia and bigotry.

EDIT: Hahahaha, they just yanked the Witcher Senses from W3 for their "investigation" tool. Follow three footsteps to discover the pile of corpses in the next room.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 2, 2016

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Vanguard was mainly broken in three because of the follow-up ability that allowed him to AoE enemy groups for massive damage and basically reset charge.

Course in this case, who knows because you'll be able to set up your class to biotic combo however you want. Reave + Charge is godlike except that it was on a Drell in MP I think.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

marshmallow creep posted:

No classes, so everyone can be vanguard! What's to nerf when everyone has the power?

I don't think that's how it'll work. You probably can't have all or even more than one or two of the (formerly) Class abilities at once.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Rinkles posted:

I don't think that's how it'll work. You probably can't have all or even more than one or two of the (formerly) Class abilities at once.

Who knows? Certainly early on, but if they're not planning on having you carry this character forward into another game, at high levels they might give you access to loads.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Pure biotic tree goes the distance to where you slam dunk enemies into a singularity, close it up and then make them explode into pretty little particles.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

The regular human soldier was kinda boring sure but if they let you do stuff like War Machine style shoulder mounted auto firing missile launcher or regenerating cluster grenades or Turian Soldier-esque sniping with a Gatling gun while jet packing around then that kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Would that be more of a Techie thing though?