Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

E-flat posted:

ohhhh my gosh, if I could possibly partake in the snow dog giveaway, I would love you forever and probably name my first born after you. Well, if perhaps I could be so presumptuous as to ask for a female one named Poli'ahu.

I'm 3626-1860-4045, ign Emily.

PSWII60 posted:

I would love a snow dog if you still have any spares. When are you around?

FC: 1375 8302 1020
IGN: PSWii60

Parrotine posted:

Same here, been dying for one since launch

FC is 0774-4864-2707

I'm here again and will be for most of the day probably. I also added all of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

The game teaches you basically anything you need to know. You don't need to know any of that IV/EV crap unless you want to play multiplayer, really.

Thanks! The only people I plan to battle are the ones I can hit if they dabble in that crazyness. I'm plan to play this like I played Dark Souls: Do I look good?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Speaking of trading for rare things, I really need to purge some of my Pokémon. I've got Wimpod in Fast Balls, Trapinch in Friend Balls, Dhelmise in Lure Balls, Skarmory in Heavy Balls, and Snow Warning Vulpix, Sewaddle, and Shinx in Beast Balls. Anything with hidden abilities, rare balls, or useful egg moves would be cool, but I'll take random trash for them too.

FC: 5086-1559-1599 IGN: Luna

I've joined the Discord server if it would make it easier.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Happiness posted:

I have snow dogs for anyone who wants them

4484-8641-1177

I can trade you one of my Beast Ball Sneasels. They have Throat Chop, among other cool Egg moves!

1032-1228-8506, aaand my IGN's Toplina!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Anyone been breeding Alolan Grimers? I'd love an Adamant one with Poison Touch. Can offer you a 5IV Adamant Litten or Dewspider as well as 4-5IV a Timid Riolu or Magnemites

Me. I'm at work though and my game is paused in the middle of a chain at home.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why the hell did they let Kommo-o learn focus blast but not aura sphere, the actually usable special fighting move.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Happiness posted:

I'm here again and will be for most of the day probably. I also added all of you.

Thanks much. Is a Haunter OK? I'm just at the end of the main game and haven't started breeding stuff yet.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

PSWII60 posted:

Thanks much. Is a Haunter OK? I'm just at the end of the main game and haven't started breeding stuff yet.

Everything is okay friend. All pokemon are precious.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Internet Kraken posted:

Why the hell did they let Kommo-o learn focus blast but not aura sphere, the actually usable special fighting move.

yeah thats actually kind of funny

list of notable mons that can learn aura sphere:

lucario
????????????

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Wonder Trading takes too long now gently caress

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Senerio posted:

I need nickname assistance. I'm nicknaming my UBs after Robot Masters/Mavericks/other Mega Man Bosses, and I'm having trouble picking names for two of them.

Nihilego: Splash Woman
Pheromosa: Sol Titanion
Buzzwole: Hornet Man
(Evolution of) Xurkitree: Elec Man
Celesteela: MegaMan Juno
Kartana: Slash Man (Also gonna try to get one named Hanzo Steele, but that's separate)
Guzzlord: ???

Any suggestions for Celesteela and Guzzlord?

Update and not totally me quoting this so I can find it when I catch Celesteela/Guzzlord

Guzzlord will be Wily Machine.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F4PiWYc1Rw

New Generations is up.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Happiness posted:

Awesome, what name should I be looking for. The only person I see listed as friend is Sumire. Is that you?

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Happiness posted:

Aaa, thank ya kindly, pal! Yer a swell bear.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

PSWII60 posted:

Awesome, what name should I be looking for. The only person I see listed as friend is Sumire. Is that you?

It is indeed.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Only took a few hours, looks like my luck is getting better. Also I was terrified it wouldn't have the HA, so that's good to have out of the way. 3/6

EDIT:

Mizuti posted:

Speaking of trading for rare things, I really need to purge some of my Pokémon. I've got Wimpod in Fast Balls, Trapinch in Friend Balls, Dhelmise in Lure Balls, Skarmory in Heavy Balls, and Snow Warning Vulpix, Sewaddle, and Shinx in Beast Balls. Anything with hidden abilities, rare balls, or useful egg moves would be cool, but I'll take random trash for them too.

FC: 5086-1559-1599 IGN: Luna

I've joined the Discord server if it would make it easier.

I'll gladly take a Shinx off your hands! I have my Beast Ball mons listed in the spreadsheet, let me know what you want.

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 2, 2016

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Evil Eagle posted:

Me. I'm at work though and my game is paused in the middle of a chain at home.

PM when home?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

got to tapu village in my moon playthrough and got castform in the very second encounter

cool

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't have plat but I'll add you on my 3ds and post in the thread when I can trade. I have a bunch of Adamant ones so I'll try and give you my best IV female with Poison Touch.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
tyblazitar, I'll take a Geodude.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-488181854

Here's a ridiculously tense match that went on for a long time. Also it ends with me playing like a jackass because I mistakenly thought the opponent still had Arcanine in reserve. I'm dumb.

boy are my arms tired posted:

yeah thats actually kind of funny

list of notable mons that can learn aura sphere:

lucario
????????????

Its frustrating cause I wanna like Kommo-o but his type is really bad right now and if he doesn't even get good fighting moves then what the hell is the point? Even if you run a physical set his best fighting move is loving sky uppercut. What a waste.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 2, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tyblazitar posted:

Only took a few hours, looks like my luck is getting better. Also I was terrified it wouldn't have the HA, so that's good to have out of the way. 3/6
That came from my cute little friend! I did a tiny part of that! Me! I helped :shobon:

e: and man, that actually looks really nice shiny, I should maybe think about doing that in January once I use Bank to get the Shiny Charm without doing any work.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

That came from my cute little friend! I did a tiny part of that! Me! I helped :shobon:

e: and man, that actually looks really nice shiny, I should maybe think about doing that in January once I use Bank to get the Shiny Charm without doing any work.
Yeah, thanks for providing the great-great-grandfather!

Dex completion honestly is not much work, it's just about breeding up some popular mons like Castform and checking the GTS regularly.

Mizuti posted:

tyblazitar, I'll take a Geodude.
Deal! Going online now!

FC 3325-3410-1572, IGN tyb

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 2, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Internet Kraken posted:

Here's a ridiculously tense match that went on for a long time. Also it ends with me playing like a jackass because I mistakenly thought the opponent still had Arcanine in reserve. I'm dumb.

Always Play Safe

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tyblazitar posted:

Dex completion honestly is not much work, it's just about breeding up some popular mons like Castform and checking the GTS regularly.
Eh, I have everything but Diancie in the bank, I don't want to bother getting Scizor and the Porygons and crap like that again.

Unless they're in Beast Balls. :ssh:

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Sadly you can't currently get Porygon in a Beast Ball. :(

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Countblanc posted:

Always Play Safe

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wasn't planning on compelting the dex until Pokebank came out so I could just import my living dex. However, when I found out that people will give literally anything for a Castform I just started breeding them and using GTS. Gonna complete the dex with nothing but cloud babies.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Its frustrating cause I wanna like Kommo-o but his type is really bad right now and if he doesn't even get good fighting moves then what the hell is the point? Even if you run a physical set his best fighting move is loving sky uppercut. What a waste.

Kommo-o is cool as poo poo but how on earth did they think he'd be viable in a meta where everything is part fairy?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffles Inc. posted:

Kommo-o is cool as poo poo but how on earth did they think he'd be viable in a meta where everything is part fairy?

kommo-o has a place in the meta

that place is being annoying as poo poo for my team to deal with apparently

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

I don't have plat but I'll add you on my 3ds and post in the thread when I can trade. I have a bunch of Adamant ones so I'll try and give you my best IV female with Poison Touch.

Ok dat works. Thanks man.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
dragon dance kommo-o is good since he sets up easier than most other DD users. hes not amazing but dragon/fighting is a unique set of resists, never hurts to have another dark resist on your team

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tyblazitar posted:

Sadly you can't currently get Porygon in a Beast Ball. :(
Sure, but you can get Feebas, Scyther, Electabuzz, Magmar, Sneasel, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. The point I'm making here is gently caress trade evolutions.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

HMMMM

Max HP and split Def S.Def EVs?

Knock Off
Gunk Shot
Protect
Uh...

Several pages late, but the correct answer is Minimize. Yes, that's exactly as dumb as it sounds, especially if you use his HA to grab Levitate or something similarly powerful on defense.

At least VGC doesn't allow Shedinja for Wonder Guard + Air Balloon shenanigans :v:

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 2, 2016

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Four Primarinas, all using Sparkling Aria on each other, all not doing any damage to each other

Battle Royal is the best

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I'm still a little bit annoyed that the dragon covered in steel scales isn't Dragon/Steel.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Internet Kraken posted:

I wasn't planning on compelting the dex until Pokebank came out so I could just import my living dex. However, when I found out that people will give literally anything for a Castform I just started breeding them and using GTS. Gonna complete the dex with nothing but cloud babies.

I only went for the dex completion because I wasn't sure if you had to get the full national dex for the shiny charm after the pokebank update.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Never Play Safe

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Yo. If you bring over a Eggsecute/Cubone/whatever from a previous gen via Pokebank into Sun and Moon, and then evolve it in Alola... Will it evolve into it's Alolan form?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Ganon
Jan 2, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Giant Boy Detective posted:

I am! Those would be lovely. :D What would you like in return?
I'll whip up the four for you, so I'll let you know when they're ready. I haven't gotten to the point of breeding them for proper use yet, so they're IVs/natures won't be the best. The only exception would be the Love Ball Feebas, I wound up catching one with a Bold nature.

I wouldn't mind the HA Eevee, Mareanie, Lure Ball Gible, and Love Ball Stufful in return if they're still available.