Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

and also what company is this that is capable of this kind of insanely tightly-packed totally integrated hardware engineering? that's a lot of computing meat to stuff into those itty bitty frames

edit: wait no, this is a pair of bluetooth headphones with an accelerometer added, built into some glasses. it's wearing a wireless earbud, except as glasses.

Uncle Enzo fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

fishmech posted:

Fidget Cube update:

I bet someone $20 I could get a Chinese knockoff before backers got theirs. So I ordered one on ebay on November 17 and it arrived November 30th, $6.50 us and free shipping.

Now the cost for the actual cube was $14 or $19 during the Kickstarter and $25 retail. Also none of the backer rewards have shipped or arrived yet, though they were just promised to arrive "December before Christmas" so they're not late.

Anyway the thing I got looks and functions identically and the little instruction sheet says "Fidget Cube" on it. And I'll be ahead $14 soon.

loving Smooth

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

fishmech posted:

Fidget Cube update:

I bet someone $20 I could get a Chinese knockoff before backers got theirs. So I ordered one on ebay on November 17 and it arrived November 30th, $6.50 us and free shipping.

Now the cost for the actual cube was $14 or $19 during the Kickstarter and $25 retail. Also none of the backer rewards have shipped or arrived yet, though they were just promised to arrive "December before Christmas" so they're not late.

Anyway the thing I got looks and functions identically and the little instruction sheet says "Fidget Cube" on it. And I'll be ahead $14 soon.

yes but how does it feel?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
lol, fishmech did you really buy a knockoff of a worthless item just to make a forums point or was this somebody you know in the real world?

it might be time for some reflection.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

lol, fishmech did you really buy a knockoff of a worthless item just to make a forums point or was this somebody you know in the real world?

reflection time update

my mirror from aliexpress arrived and it easily cost less than target and the shipper promised theres no lead in it so im sure its fine

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

now that pebble is for sale it looks like ive been kickstarted in the butt multiple times

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Migishu posted:

yes but how does it feel?

idk lovely ill never used it.

i bought it to win a bet and the guy paypaled me the $20 this morning

Agile Vector posted:

now that pebble is for sale it looks like ive been kickstarted in the butt multiple times

don't worry, indiegogo has a brand new pebble for you https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pebble-world-s-smallest-true-wireless-speaker-music-bluetooth/pies

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i was thinking it'd be funny to kickstart an actual pebble, like just a small rock, but the pet rock was a thing a long time ago so i guess ppl were idiots buying junk even before computers

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

im the guy in the comments trying to get my health insurance pay for this

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

somebody should kickstart a SCLBA system which is basically just a big glass dome hooked up to some oxygen and nitrogen tubes with a filte rso you don't hav eto breathe pleb air and also an internal thingy that uses a laser to project HUD data onto the inside of the dome

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

duTrieux. posted:

somebody should kickstart a SCLBA system which is basically just a big glass dome hooked up to some oxygen and nitrogen tubes with a filte rso you don't hav eto breathe pleb air and also an internal thingy that uses a laser to project HUD data onto the inside of the dome

my favorite spiderman villain, listerio

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Lmao they delayed the glowforge again. If full spectrum actually puts out their Muse laser cutter this year I'll probably just cancel and get that.

Edit: prerelease models are technically being shipped out (they won't say how many though) and a q&a in the afternoon

edit: and they locked the schedule update thread. Oh wait it's the auto lock from flagging thing that happened last year when I argued with old men for a week straight.

Edit: It's loving dumb they waited until 2 in the morning to send me an email about this but I almost have more contempt for the folks who thought they were going to build careers out of a kickstarted laser cutter

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 2, 2016

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

the glowforge 3d laser printer: 1/3 ain't bad

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
witnessing poor ppl going into debt to back a 3d printer on kickstarter is exactly the kind of aggressive stupidity that creates libertarians

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

witnessing poor ppl going into debt to back a 3d printer on kickstarter is exactly the kind of aggressive stupidity that creates libertarians

already got the island part down

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The same kind of person who didn't learn their lesson from buying preordering a $30k bitcoin mining rig.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I bought international plane tickets on credit to carry a forge that doesn't exist back home

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I bought international plane tickets on credit to carry a forge that doesn't exist back home

Presumably you buy the tickets well in advance so you get the best price and save some money. Smart!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

kickstarter
is
not
a
pre-order

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sagebrush posted:

kickstarter
is
not
a
pre-order

walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, gets eaten by Chinese businessmen like a duck....

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

kickstarter
is
not
a
pre-order

isn't glowforge older than that disclaimer?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/kcgreenn/status/804799669272461312

:woop:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

those are pretty cool stickers imo

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

prefect posted:

it's about backstage at saturday night live, right? do you have to like saturday night live to enjoy 30 rock?
i didn't watch it for a while because "it's from the head writer of snl, there's no way it could possibly be funny." i couldn't have been more wrong.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

30 rock is very much a network show, but its one of the best ive seen

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

The Leck posted:

i didn't watch it for a while because "it's from the head writer of snl, there's no way it could possibly be funny." i couldn't have been more wrong.
30 Rock shares the same opinion of SNL

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Powaqoatse posted:

30 rock is very much a network show, but its one of the best ive seen

it's also extremely self-aware

hence all the microwave oven jokes

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

JawnV6 posted:

30 Rock shares the same opinion of SNL

"there's too many farts in this engine!! it's gonna explode!!"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

syscall girl posted:

30 rock has really really really specific ge jokes aaannnnd has stealth jokes about 2/3 of the holy shock picture trinity, I could go on forever. one of the writers is from good futurama. will arnett comes in to play GOB, but gay and competent.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

syscall girl posted:

yeah, i liked those :¶

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

30 rock has really really really specific ge jokes aaannnnd has stealth jokes about 2/3 of the holy shock picture trinity, I could go on forever. one of the writers is from good futurama. will arnett comes in to play GOB, but gay and competent.

"it wouldn't be a Lemon party without ol' Dick" is one of the best lines ever aired on network TV. I choked while watching it with my then-girlfriend and had to explain the reference. she was not impressed

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

hes still awake but not for long

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

theflyingexecutive posted:

all these are amazing and that isnt even

Sagebrush posted:

"it wouldn't be a Lemon party without ol' Dick" is one of the best lines ever aired on network TV. I choked while watching it with my then-girlfriend and had to explain the reference. she was not impressed

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

cucked by glowforge. but he was teh beta the whole time :biotruths:

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

A Yolo Wizard posted:

So good

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

A Yolo Wizard posted:

let's clock bitch

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
does every kickstarter have insane, unhinged people waiting in the wings for delivery or is there something special about 3D printing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

does every kickstarter have insane, unhinged people waiting in the wings for delivery or is there something special about 3D printing?

i guess it's easier to see a 3d printer as the cornerstone of your own business as compared to someone else's video game or a weird pair of shoes or a pod-based cooking device

• Locked thread