Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lovechop posted:

eu players gain power and strength from flaming. things are looking up for fnatic's new roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
aw man is diamondprox a notorious poo poo talker? too bad.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

nomadologique posted:

aw man is diamondprox a notorious poo poo talker? too bad.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
flame is part of game

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Flame actually hasn't been part of the game for over a year but he's seeing what his options are.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

bm is bm bro.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
even diamondprox is making a billion dollars this season, due to everyone paying him royalties on high toxin solo queue gameplay

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

The funniest part to me is that in his unhinged rant he properly uses "nor"

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

An eu player is being toxic? No way I won't believe that.

Tbh I probably flamed lots of people in ranked at first it feels good but after the match u normally regret it. Never int'd though. I think there should be a little flame in the game because trash talking is fun but unfortunately most people trashtalk their teammates instead of the enemy.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

making GBS threads on somebody to tilt them is mindgames. making GBS threads on somebody just to be a piece of poo poo is bm.

and usually the best tilt flaming is not really obvious stuff, it's way subtler.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Jacob Wolf is saying the EF roster is Looper, Akaadian, Froggen, Keith, Gate.

How the hell did they get Looper to join that squad? I think Gate will be better than Big but as a whole that botlane is not strong.
Also Akaadian is debuting in LCS so don't expect much from him. If he can manage to be worst than Hard it would be impressive.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They got Looper because EF has a lot of money but the NA pool is actually pretty shallow so the rest of their team is mediocre. I don't know if Looper would ever be able to be outstanding in Korea again tbh, while Impact's run as World Champion involved a lot of split-pushing and carry champions and he's recently shown to be great at Gnar; Looper was more of a tool that Mata used to make map plays and was generally there to pull attention or make TP plays, not to solo kill enemy top laners.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
http://www.espn.co.uk/esports/story/_/id/18188957/league-legends-team-vitality-signs-lira-offseason-roster-shuffle-sources-say

lira to VIT sounds pretty sick

ever since they first formed i've really wanted to cheer for vitality but they keep loving things up. hopefully they have a decent mid lined up because Cabo - Lira - [x] - Steeelback - Hachani is a good looking lineup

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Vitality is like the Longzhu of Europe

Speaking of Immortals didn't even ask SKT for money when they got Huni, they just gave him over for free. That's a nice gesture and all, but if SKT can afford to give Faker 4Million they can probably afford to just buyout Huni's contract. I'm afraid the guy who owns immortals is way too nice for his own good and is going to get pushed around

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

Speaking of Immortals didn't even ask SKT for money when they got Huni, they just gave him over for free. That's a nice gesture and all, but if SKT can afford to give Faker 4Million they can probably afford to just buyout Huni's contract. I'm afraid the guy who owns immortals is way too nice for his own good and is going to get pushed around

I don't think money is as important for them as reputation. They're a pretty well funded team, and I think the good will from the move will be more beneficial when negotiating with players in the future. If players like Bjerg are truly locked into what are now considered unfavorable multi year deals they might be more comfortable signing with a team that has shown they're willing to accommodate a changing landscape.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Huni will be good on SKT because my best friend Peanut will be there.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Lovechop posted:

http://www.espn.co.uk/esports/story/_/id/18188957/league-legends-team-vitality-signs-lira-offseason-roster-shuffle-sources-say

lira to VIT sounds pretty sick

ever since they first formed i've really wanted to cheer for vitality but they keep loving things up. hopefully they have a decent mid lined up because Cabo - Lira - [x] - Steeelback - Hachani is a good looking lineup

Wait, is Nukeduck not confirmed for 2017? Lira's not a standout player, but he's certainly better than Shook or goddamn Mightybear. If they can get a decent coach they should be really good.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Firebert posted:

Wait, is Nukeduck not confirmed for 2017? Lira's not a standout player, but he's certainly better than Shook or goddamn Mightybear. If they can get a decent coach they should be really good.

nuke wasn't at their kr bootcamp so it's unsure. i'd be fine if they kept him though, he's a bit shiphturesque sometimes but he's good

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
fnatics new midlaner, everyone

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

RealFoxy posted:

I'm pretty sure all that was lies and faker got the customary payment for the single best player in Korea - 500 dollars & they hit him with a stick.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Lovechop posted:

nuke wasn't at their kr bootcamp so it's unsure. i'd be fine if they kept him though, he's a bit shiphturesque sometimes but he's good

That is a good comparison sometimes he seems too passive and kda whore. He had many sick games though in spring on GP/Quinn and in summer some good games of Liss. I feel like in summer nobody in Vit played well which should by their results. I still like him because his laning phase is good and I think EU mids in general are as good as Korean mids so there is no reason to use midlaner as an import in eu. Ryu and Night I think actually improved by playing in EU.

Also apparently Hachani to VIT hasn't been confirmed. The score reported he had joined Vitality but Vitality hasn't annouced it themselves. And today there was a more recent article saying Vit have dropped Kasing they are trying out supports who will synergize well with Steelback. Would love it to be Hachani he is a pretty good player/playmaker now.

Trace joined Samsung as a coach or analyst not sure what.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm pretty sure all that was lies and faker got the customary payment for the single best player in Korea - 500 dollars & they hit him with a stick.

uh i thought you knew korea has a lot of money now, and a bunch of new sponsors, but they're all uhhhh, look over there!!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Even if the rumors from 4Chan are all lies KT and Longzhu are still getting lots of money to build teams again, Faker's been pulled in for a lot of money from multiple sources. Pray/Gorilla keep saying nobody wants them because no one in esports has ever lied or trolled ever in the history of esports during the off-season

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

nobody wants Pray and Gorilla because nobody has two open import slots and if they do they don't want to waste them on bot lane when in all likelihood jungle and top are in way more dire need of that import slot

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

rabidsquid posted:

nobody wants Pray and Gorilla because nobody has two open import slots and if they do they don't want to waste them on bot lane when in all likelihood jungle and top are in way more dire need of that import slot

h

k

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Speaking of 4Chan rumors being fake: Marin is leaving China and returning to Korea.

I think the only two people who actually enjoy China are Rookie and imp. The regulations in LPL seem to be putting a lot of pressure on teams in addition to a lot of the money drying up and a lot of pros realizing that they have to basically launder money to take it back to Korea because they can't transfer over massive amounts easily.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 3, 2016

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Wow Marin leaving too eh.

Imp loves money too much, can't fault him for that and Rookie actually likes China.

I wish Swift would go back to Korea or EU. He is still super good. Basically the only big name koreans left in China will be Easyhoon, Imp and Rookie.

Doinb, Swift, TANK, Republic are other decent ones left in China.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

If Marin coming back to Korea is true, and the rumors that Easyhoon is upset in China, we could see Marin/Easyhoon + Pray/Gorilla on the same team.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Doinb has never played in Korea professionally so I don't think he's going to "come back" especially after QG just built their new team around him again

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
A lot of the Korean orgs seem in disarray right now but they will be fine by roster lock time when they all find about 30 new Korean challenger 17 year olds to throw into the meat grinder who are all actually better than everyone currently playing and all of the returning veterans who can't find teams get conscripted into military duty.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Libertine posted:

A lot of the Korean orgs seem in disarray right now but they will be fine by roster lock time when they all find about 30 new Korean challenger 17 year olds to throw into the meat grinder who are all actually better than everyone currently playing and all of the returning veterans who can't find teams get conscripted into military duty.

And then Bengi comes back around september and carries Faker to another title

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

god bless u bengi.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Marin is overrated trash, and poo poo

*finds out Marin is coming back to Korea*

What I meant was, he was misused and in an environment that was not healthy for him, when he returns and teams up with Ganked By Mom and Ryu Bigfile Incredible Miracle will become the seventh, and possibly strongest of the Korean super teams

edit: i hope as a consequence of all of this people stop calling CuVee one of the best top laners in the world, at least.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 3, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Actually you'll find out that china is a poo poo, garbage region and a giant waste of time

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
now i havent watched much LPL, and i feel qualified to say your assessment is entirely accurate

im old rick bitch fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 4, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I think you'll find all the Koreans are leaving China because it's too easy to play there and they feel bad taking all of their money. Many of them, like Looper, are choosing to play for top flight orgs like Echo Fox, in the greatest region in the world: North America. They hope to have the chance to test their mettle against the best the world has to offer like Team Solomid and Cloud 9.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
imay lost both times to cloud 9 and i think that says something about the quality of competition in china.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

imay lost both times to cloud 9 and i think that says something about the quality of competition in china.
But you see they were just a challenger team with no experience they didn't have the experience at world's and they had jitters but also Cloud9 looked at the map and cheated

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Pack it up, clearly it's time for the Chinese to go to serve their Russian group stage overlords :ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I mean I like C9 better than most of this thread but yeah, if you can't beat them I've got bad news for you.

• Locked thread