Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
these are all edge cases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

emoji posted:

This is what happened when I unplugged my monitor, maximized the browser, and plugged it back in.

linux.gif

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

triple sulk posted:

macos is bad

actually, it's great

driving dual 4k monitors at buttery smooth 60 hz with beautiful retina scaling so everything is crisp as gently caress :jackbud:

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

emoji posted:

This is what happened when I unplugged my monitor, maximized the browser, and plugged it back in.

I just tried this with my 2015 rmbp and it worked fine. sorry about your defective computer

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

emoji posted:

It Just Works™

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

it's broke rear end graphics card folks

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I've already gone through $10000 worth of AppleCare swaps since they have to replace the entire thing over two computers because of the graphics cards and my laptop never leaves its stand.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its probably an airflow issue. mac books are terrible @ cooling. you might get one of those laptop cooler things to sit it on.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

emoji posted:

I've already gone through $10000 worth of AppleCare swaps since they have to replace the entire thing over two computers because of the graphics cards and my laptop never leaves its stand.

FMguru posted:

youre holding it wrong

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

emoji posted:

sounds like some great deals on refurbished models coming in a few months :smugdog:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ol

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

emoji posted:

lol

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

emoji posted:

aha, is this the thread where I say I ordered a win 10 laptop in hope that it's a more stable Linux-ish Dev platform?

on my third MacBook Pro motherboard. And who loving named that new monstrosity 'pro' anyway?

I'll be here all week, please tip your waitress and bartenders, also try the porky tartar.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
it's called the pro because when you see it in the store you'll do a 360 and walk right back out

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
so far mine has been fine... with one exception

there are speaker pops and the sound occasionally stops working until rebooted

what the gently caress

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
osx is a linux

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

my 2014 mbp with nvidia has been and remains problem-free

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

"logic"board

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

oh i cant use my new mbp to power a tsunderebolt display because when i close the lid it just shuts off

it also hangs up phone calls i am having on my iphone if you shut the display while in a call

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Shaggar posted:

osx is a linux

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

the size/weight difference is pretty crazy though, here is my 15 incher 2016 mounting my old 15 incher early 2011

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Mad Wack posted:

the size/weight difference is pretty crazy though, here is my 15 incher 2016 mounting my old 15 incher early 2011

nice dongle

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

mishaq posted:

nice dongle

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

nice 15 incher

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ive owned one mac laptop and the "logic" board hosed out in a couple of months

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

ive owned one mac laptop and the "logic" board hosed out in a couple of months

you inserted your dongle wrong

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
2017 will be the year of linux on the macbook

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Mad Wack posted:

anker? i hardly knew her!

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Mad Wack posted:

they took out everything useful, that's why

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
it all evens out once you count the dongles

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Fingers crossed Apple is going to blame all the issues with the new macbooks on bad drivers and hardware from AMD and go back to nVidia GPUs

My hackintosh really needs that to happen

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

it's called the pro because when you see it in the store you'll do a 360 and walk right back out

let me try: it's called pro because when you see it, the pro move is to turn 360 degrees and walk out

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I just bought a 12.9" iPad Pro. not sure why but I always said if they ever made a large iPad I would buy it and here I am.

what should I do with it, besides shoving it up my rear end? I was thinking it would be great for PDFs of magazine scans which the 9" ipad is just a bit too small for. but also for "virtual" board games with the kids. surely they realized this thing would be great to replace board games with and there's a bunch of cool ones so I don't have to have a closet full of SORRY! and other milton bradley classics (or was that parker brothers?)? any good ones I should try?

are there ipad pro 12.9" exclusive apps? like, ones that the 9" pro isn't even permitted to use?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

you made a terrible mistake

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I just bought a 12.9" iPad Pro. not sure why but I always said if they ever made a large iPad I would buy it and here I am.

what should I do with it, besides shoving it up my rear end? I was thinking it would be great for PDFs of magazine scans which the 9" ipad is just a bit too small for. but also for "virtual" board games with the kids. surely they realized this thing would be great to replace board games with and there's a bunch of cool ones so I don't have to have a closet full of SORRY! and other milton bradley classics (or was that parker brothers?)? any good ones I should try?

are there ipad pro 12.9" exclusive apps? like, ones that the 9" pro isn't even permitted to use?

source your quotes from dyp lmao

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Mad Wack posted:

you made a terrible mistake

it was $450 brand new. I own two (2) Virtual Boys. don't talk to me about purchasing mistakes!!

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Mad Wack posted:

ha ha ha why does like anyone talk to stymie seriously this is just so transparent

there oughtta be a rule

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I own two (2) Virtual Boys.

these anime sex games are getting creepy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Mad Wack posted:

ha ha ha why does like anyone talk to stymie seriously this is just so transparent

even a broken clock is right twice a day and he had a p. deece run a week or so ago but yeah never forget anime dogtits

• Locked thread