Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

So four hours into FF15 and it's nothing but basic old school fetch quests. Is this it or does it ramp up eventually? (About to go to the disc or something)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

So four hours into FF15 and it's nothing but basic old school fetch quests. Is this it or does it ramp up eventually? (About to go to the disc or something)

It does ramp up quite a bit, but there are a lot of fetch quests in the first half.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
My ks8000 came in today. It's sooooooo pretty. God this is easily the nicest tv I've ever had. :monocle:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Harlock posted:

Pacific Rim was awesome.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/804741402730971137

The box art mostly works except for the Casca silhouette.

That is still the stupidest title ever. I can't wait to play as my favourite character Berserk...

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Maybe it's because I don't play to many normy games or I was excited to see PS Pro options but I just beat RotTR and was very happy with it. I'll probably even pop it in to collect the 8512011 collectibles that I missed strewn about and play around with the DLC stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TaurusOxford posted:

That is still the stupidest title ever. I can't wait to play as my favourite character Berserk...

It's so amazingly bad

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Guw posted:

Maybe it's because I don't play to many normy games or I was excited to see PS Pro options but I just beat RotTR and was very happy with it. I'll probably even pop it in to collect the 8512011 collectibles that I missed strewn about and play around with the DLC stuff.

It's a great game, I just wish there were even more challenge tombs.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Guw posted:

The DLC stuff is actually pretty great with the exception of Lara's nightmare. It's such a slog and if you really want to fight zombies then Cold Darkness is a much more fulfilling experience. However, Blood Ties I was pleasantly surprised by

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

no, the game gets easier. you've been gangstalked and tricked into buying a bad game. happy holidays

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

rabidsquid posted:

no, the game gets easier. you've been gangstalked and tricked into buying a bad game. happy holidays

I intended to buy the game even before that little dust up about my raging homophobia, but yeah it just feels like a really old, rote, disjointed game. I don't hate it, but I am waiting for something cool to happen.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I like FF15, what I don't like about it is how long it takes to do anything. The load times, the animations you have to sit through whenever you get in and out of the car, how spread out every thing is even when you are in a outpost. They all are kind of annoying.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it is weird that you have to stand there for a sec after turning in quests or w/e. you don't get control back right away after doing certain things

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Dunno. I spent like 15 hours wandering around the world in chapter 1, then I had dudes giving me sidequests in chapter 2 and I'd already have the items to complete them. This happened 6-8 times, so I guess I was pretty thorough with my initial exploration.

Also, if you find a dungeon and out front is a girl who muses about "wouldn't it be a shame if you went through the entire dungeon and didn't have the key for the very last door?"...probably best to just take her hint seriously.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't find this drat FF15 demo anywhere in the store.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

veni veni veni posted:

It's on the Japanese PSN only.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Before launch it was listed as part of the main FF15 entry. It didn't have a separate page.

I haven't checked since, might still be that way.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Aphrodite posted:

Before launch it was listed as part of the main FF15 entry. It didn't have a separate page.

I haven't checked since, might still be that way.

nah that just takes you to the platinum demo

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

veni veni veni posted:

On the mobile store it says buy or download. If you click download it gives you the demo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabidsquid posted:

nah that just takes you to the platinum demo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah the only I issue I currently have with FF15 is all the little hitches in the flow of the experience, including the loading times for fast travel and the 5 pauses every time you turn in a quest or order food or get in your car. If I spent 30 hours on this game, I think at least 3 or 4 hours of that would be on these microstutters

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I hate having to wait for Ignis to tap me on the shoulder, say we should probably go into town, wait for the dialogue options, pick it, wait for Noctis to tell him no we're driving at night and then get driving. I mean I'd understand it in the first couple of chapters because the game does bar you from manual driving for a long period in those two but once you reach Chapter 3 Ignis should just offhand say in exploration "Hey maybe we should go back to town?" and not take up 15 seconds of my time.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Policenaut posted:

I hate having to wait for Ignis to tap me on the shoulder, say we should probably go into town, wait for the dialogue options, pick it, wait for Noctis to tell him no we're driving at night and then get driving. I mean I'd understand it in the first couple of chapters because the game does bar you from manual driving for a long period in those two but once you reach Chapter 3 Ignis should just offhand say in exploration "Hey maybe we should go back to town?" and not take up 15 seconds of my time.

Don't drive at night. You might run into bbbbbbbb b b b bombs!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Think I'm going to turn off the rumble feature for all games. I find it is more annoying than useful and during cutscenes it's especially bad.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Policenaut posted:

You've never tried to hit X to confirm an answer on one of those d-pad quicktime events? You can answer instantly, and use Triangle to skip through dialogue.

If you're getting frustrated at the driving wasting your time, why aren't you just fast travelling to parking spots anyways, and warping around from the parking spot to the objective, or driving manually all the time? Noctis clearly drives a little faster then Ignis.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lobok posted:

Think I'm going to turn off the rumble feature for all games. I find it is more annoying than useful and during cutscenes it's especially bad.

i did it a while ago. controller speaker too. much more immersive for me to be totally focused on the screen, idk if others feel that way too.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

i did it a while ago. controller speaker too. much more immersive for me to be totally focused on the screen, idk if others feel that way too.

The controller speaker is not useful and I always turn it off. Also, if you're using headphones, it is pointless.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Using the controller speaker for the motion sensor in Alien: Isolation was pretty immersive.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

zolthorg posted:

You've never tried to hit X to confirm an answer on one of those d-pad quicktime events? You can answer instantly, and use Triangle to skip through dialogue.

If you're getting frustrated at the driving wasting your time, why aren't you just fast travelling to parking spots anyways, and warping around from the parking spot to the objective, or driving manually all the time? Noctis clearly drives a little faster then Ignis.

I know about the Triangle text skip option and it never works with Ignis. I'm not frustrated at all with driving, I'm annoyed that Ignis bothers me every time it's even remotely sunset and I get into the Regalia to drive myself and Ignis wastes my time to tell me that it's getting late.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lobok posted:

The rumble is a bit overused, I think. DS4 rumble is far more powerful than it was on the DS3 and yeah, it's often annoying if devs don't tune it properly.

Before being patched, Titanfall 2 had really severe rumbling for the entire duration of a cloak, which is super unnecessary. Just another thing to make the batteries drain faster. Respawn is awesome tho, and it's way better now. Still, I'd miss it if it were gone entirely, especially in competitive games.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

personally I find the driving a little clunky in spite of all the restrictions placed on you (or maybe because of them) and just let ignis drive all the time

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

personally I find the driving a little clunky in spite of all the restrictions placed on you (or maybe because of them) and just let ignis drive all the time
Having someone else drive for you is something rich people in the real world pay lots of money for and Ignis driving (and your partner in LA Noire) is the best feature in open world games.

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
I'd buy Steep if it was like SSX Tricky control wise. But everything I've heard is that Steep is super unintuitive to control and not at all arcadey.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Real hurthling! posted:

The only time I've ever noticed it is Gravity Rush Remastered. If any other game has used it I didn't hear.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I loving love rumble.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Neverending Nightmares used the speaker to randomly softly whisper at you which was actually disconcerting as hell, especially because it was quiet enough that you weren't sure where it was coming from or if you were actually hearing it. Best use of the speaker is still the spraycan rattle in Infamous though.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I dunno if this counts as leaks but some PSX titles are coming out. New Hot Shots Golf, be still my heart.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

xgalaxy posted:

I'd buy Steep if it was like SSX Tricky control wise. But everything I've heard is that Steep is super unintuitive to control and not at all arcadey.

It's arcadey but it feels like old rear end cool boarders bad kind of arcadey

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Lobok posted:

The only time I've ever noticed it is Gravity Rush Remastered. If any other game has used it I didn't hear.

Tomb Raider uses it, so does Mad Max that i've played.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Resogun uses the controller speaker to warn you when keepers are on the board, that's useful just in a "oh poo poo my controller's making a sound I better pay attention" kinda way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Harlock posted:

I dunno if this counts as leaks but some PSX titles are coming out. New Hot Shots Golf, be still my heart.

GIVE ME MORE

• Locked thread