Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dolash posted:

The important bit is that it be as ambiguous as possible about his meaning or what he's going to do, so that everyone can sit around in dread and uncertainty.

Trump likes sneak attacks, right? All this Taiwan poo poo will turn out to be a bluff when he takes office and launches a surprise liberation campaign for Tibet.

Seven Years in Trumpbet

e: oh woops ed bnalls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Make Taiwan Great Again

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew

pre-show's starting everyone's welcome to chill out in here

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So is this Taiwan thing on purpose or because Trump is dumb and didn't know anything.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Vladimir Putin posted:

So is this Taiwan thing on purpose or because Trump is dumb and didn't know anything.

Yes.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Vladimir Putin posted:

why not both?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Grammarchist posted:

So basically Lil' Marco relinquished his greatest weapon to Trump, who now wields the Sword of Chang but lacks respect for its terrible power?

Unleash Tsai Ing-wen!!!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Vladimir Putin posted:

I think Taiwan played Trump, who doesn't know anything about diplomacy and seems uninterested in learning. We should expect nothing but that from foreign leaders as things go forward.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Vladimir Putin posted:

Taiwan Xie-xie thread :shrug:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Vladimir Putin posted:

he wants to build hotels there

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm at a Mexican restaurant

I love Mexicans!!!!!

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

If he did it on purpose it means he realized he was going to piss of China and he did it with intent. If he is just dumb then he hosed up big time.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Vladimir Putin posted:

So is this Trump Presidency thing on purpose or because Trump is dumb and didn't know anything.

Fixed

mormonpartyboat posted:

"yomi is the japanese word for reading the mind of the opponent" -barron trump

Only registered members can see post attachments!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

"The mayor of Sevastopol, Russia called me, good guy."

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-philippines-usa-idUSKBN13R20P

Also Today:

quote:

Philippines' Duterte gets Trump White House invite during 'animated' call

:yeah:

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I look forward to Trump rapidly changing between supporting Russia linking back up with Kaliningrad, supporting deploying NATO soldiers in the Baltics, and restoring the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth by force, all within one day, based on which nation's president he just got off the phone with.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Imagine future generations watching the archival footage of Jimmy Fallon telling the Hitler of their time "hahahaha, you're wild man"

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
"This guy, Abdul Baker Baghandler, called me up, lovely guy, very smart guy, beat the hell out out of Assad and Iran, he says he can give me permits for a hotel in Raker."

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat
ya know we take it for granted that the US is the diplomatic centre of the world but it might not be that way much longer. american presidents might seem to act aloof and arrogant, and it might seem like the US just constantly does its own thing with no regard for what anyone else thinks. but actually america is the most diplomatically engaged country in the world and benefits a lot from having allies everywjere, it just tends to do business bilaterally and in the background. people take it for granted that americans are able to move quickly and safely across most of the world, bringing their money with them and doing business relatively easily and cheaply in almost any country they'd like to.

there's already been a big decline in US influence since its height- we've seen a somewhat-effective global climate regime developing since 1992 without US leadership, and sometimes in spite of direct US opposition. and the US share of the global economy is inevitably going to shrink over the next century until it's more in proportion with its population. the US under trump might find it's not automatically invited to every party anymore.

oh uhhhhh i'll take a cheeseburger, thanks.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Vladimir Putin posted:

If he did it on purpose it means he realized he was going to piss of China and he did it with intent. If he is just dumb then he hosed up big time.

his advisors may have told him to do it on purpose and Trump went along with it because he's dumb and doesn't know anything

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Guy DeBorgore posted:

it might seem like the US just constantly does its own thing with no regard for what anyone else thinks. but actually america is the most diplomatically engaged country in the world and benefits a lot from having allies everywjere, it just tends to do business bilaterally and in the background.

there's already been a big decline in US influence since its height- we've seen a somewhat-effective global climate regime developing since 1992 without US leadership, and sometimes in spite of direct US opposition.

These things are linked, yo

We gotta put the fear of God Trump in 'em

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Guy DeBorgore posted:

ya know we take it for granted that the US is the diplomatic centre of the world but it might not be that way much longer. american presidents might seem to act aloof and arrogant, and it might seem like the US just constantly does its own thing with no regard for what anyone else thinks. but actually america is the most diplomatically engaged country in the world and benefits a lot from having allies everywjere, it just tends to do business bilaterally and in the background. people take it for granted that americans are able to move quickly and safely across most of the world, bringing their money with them and doing business relatively easily and cheaply in almost any country they'd like to.

there's already been a big decline in US influence since its height- we've seen a somewhat-effective global climate regime developing since 1992 without US leadership, and sometimes in spite of direct US opposition. and the US share of the global economy is inevitably going to shrink over the next century until it's more in proportion with its population. the US under trump might find it's not automatically invited to every party anymore.

sir this is a gamestop

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Has any president Started a war before they were actually president?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vladimir Putin posted:

I mean, it's both, but it's mainly the second. Taiwan just got it's biggest legitimization from the west in ages because Trump probably genuinely had no clue this was even a controversial thing to do.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

sir this is a gamestop

In Trump's America, Gamestop serves cheeseburgers

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

paul ryan is a rat

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Guy DeBorgore posted:

Guy DeBorgore posted:

You'll find that China will be bigger international assholes than America could ever hope to be.

That is if we live long enough to find out. By the looks of today's events we may not.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I mean, it's both, but it's mainly the second. Taiwan just got it's biggest legitimization from the west in ages because Trump probably genuinely had no clue this was even a controversial thing to do.

Let's vote for a fat idiot
What could go wrong

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

logikv9 posted:

i lust for perpetual war

Call me Aeshma
Nov 21, 2016

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He made a tweet back in 2012 that only makes sense if he knew so unless he's gone senile in the last four years...

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/542853610049380352

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/comradewong/status/804878070851182592

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

i lust for perpetual war

ahahahaha holy loving poo poo

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
this got lost in the middle of this taiwan mess, but trump is casually giving up on the big wall i guess?

https://twitter.com/theGrio/status/804804996801949696

very vicious mountains and rivers!!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

"I love Taiwan - their animations are top notch! One has me firing a bazooka at Crooked Hillary Clinton. So true!"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

HorseRenoir posted:

this got lost in the middle of this taiwan mess, but trump is casually giving up on the big wall i guess?

He mentioned the wall yesterday repeatedly

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

HorseRenoir posted:

So logically there should have never been illegal immigrants ever, unless maybe the rivers need to step it up a notch.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The best and truest thing Clinton said during the campaign was in her acceptance speech: "There is only one Donald Trump".

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I wonder if at the end of his presidency, be it in four or eight years, if he will still refer to Clinton as Crooked Hillary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

That DICK! posted:

He mentioned the wall yesterday repeatedly

That was at his racist rally so that doesn't count.

• Locked thread