Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
It is just me or is the president really hot?
She's hot

Rory and Sara are the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Next crossover I really do need that scene with Ray, Clark, and Jeremiah.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Next crossover should be Crisis on Infinite Earths or something similar

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Xelkelvos posted:

Crisis in Infinite Warehouses.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If the CWverse has taught me anything, it's that I need to buy an abandoned warehouse in Vancouver and then lease it to Greg Berlanti. I would make a loving killing.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I would think at this point WB probably owns at least half the city.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Aphrodite posted:

Firestorm, Green Lantern using Silver Age logic, magicians, other overpowered aliens, Batman because he's Batman, and Black Canary.

Goons nerdier than I am can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that in the comics DC universe, Plasticman, believe it or not, is considered by Batman to be the biggest possible turncoat threat*, followed by J'onn, then Supes.

I handwaved away J'onn's absence as "well Kara didn't invite him bc she wanted to make sure there was someone taking care of Earth-38 while she was out of town", but yeah, I really wished he got some action in the crossover. I mean, you're already crossing universes to ask for help fighting aliens, why not bring the big guns?

*I won't bore the TVIV thread with it, but I'm happy to explain if anyone's interested

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Dec 3, 2016

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

bentacos posted:

I would think at this point WB probably owns at least half the city.

The other half being the sci-fi channel. think you own your house? you thought wrong.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

It is just me or is the president really hot?
She's hot

Rory and Sara are the best

Man, if they had used their original plan for the VP who became Pres to be Lynda Carter, this would've been so much better. But "too confusing" gently caress that noise.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Daaku Shinsei posted:

Man, if they had used their original plan for the VP who became Pres to be Lynda Carter, this would've been so much better. But "too confusing" gently caress that noise.

So she would be presidents on two earths?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

So she would be presidents on two earths?

They are supposed to be mostly similar, just with some different people.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Highest rating since the premiere and most viewers ever. Hope some stick around.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well, they've got a pretty strong follow up lined up for next week. More fun time travel shenanigans to beat up Al Capone and his new best friends, Reverse Flash, Damien Dahrk, Captain Cold and Malcolm Merlyn, if the synopses and spoilers are right. So hopefully that entices some of the crossover audience to stick around. We'll see.

Still, that's drat good news for Legends.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

nooneofconsequence posted:

Highest rating since the premiere and most viewers ever. Hope some stick around.

This also probably means we'll be getting more crossovers in the future. Which I have no problem with.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Ideal crossover would be a Crisis that merges Earth-1 and Earth-S. You could even have Superman die and flip the script on the Crisis cover!

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

Ideal crossover would be a Crisis that merges Earth-1 and Earth-S. You could even have Superman die and flip the script on the Crisis cover!

Just a reminder, Supergirl's Earth has been officially designated Earth-38.

I also want a crossover.maybe one that's the reverse of this - Supergirl has a problem and Oliver and Barry travel over to help her. Less characters, so it could be more focused.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

DoctorWhat posted:

This is brilliant and amazing.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

BreakAtmo posted:

Just a reminder, Supergirl's Earth has been officially designated Earth-38.

I also want a crossover.maybe one that's the reverse of this - Supergirl has a problem and Oliver and Barry travel over to help her. Less characters, so it could be more focused.

I'd like to see a crossover that can make use of more of the DC superheroes and lasts for more than 1 episode in each series.. eg, the Doom Patrol have become unstuck in the multiverse and are unexpectedly popping up in each series bringing chaos, confrontation and confusion along with them. All the various characters need to join forces to figure out what is causing that to happen and how to repair the cause of the anomalies.

Crisis would be amazing as a season-long arc for all the series but for me at least, it seems really complex to present on television - and an Earth overcrowded with metas and aliens.. OTOH unifying all the shows into 1 universe could result in us having a DCTV version of the Justice League or Justice League Dark as a series with a core group of other characters.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

Justice League Dark as a series with a core group of other characters.

Bereft of my usual comics tv line-up last week and having lots of holiday down-time, we binged through Constantine again. (It's available for commercial-free streaming on CW Seed, for anyone interested.) My Xmas wish is to get that rebooted on CW for Fridays, so I can get my DC fix every weeknight. And maybe see a live action Zatanna.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I handwaved away J'onn's absence as "well Kara didn't invite him bc she wanted to make sure there was someone taking care of Earth-38 while she was out of town", but yeah, I really wished he got some action in the crossover. I mean, you're already crossing universes to ask for help fighting aliens, why not bring the big guns?

Because some dumbass who fights crime while cosplaying as Robin Hood would probably just sideline them.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I laughed so hard at the "she looks like my cousin' line and the looks on ray and felicitys faces afterwards

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Licarn posted:

Because some dumbass who fights crime while cosplaying as Robin Hood would probably just sideline them.

Like the guardian?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

TwoPair posted:

True to the source material :(

Well you kind of have to admit that the Martian Manhunter is nearly Flash levels of 'fixes plot in 5 seconds' overpowered.

I mean, he's basically Superman, only he can also shapeshift, and walk through walls, and gently caress with people's minds...

e: I would love to hear the logic behind Plastic Man being a huge threat, though. :wtf: It can be through PMs if nobody else here cares I guess.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 3, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

WarLocke posted:

e: I would love to hear the logic behind Plastic Man being a huge threat, though. :wtf: It can be through PMs if nobody else here cares I guess.

He can turn into any shape or size, can alter his own density, and, according to wikipedia,

quote:

Invulnerability: Plastic Man's powers extraordinarily augment his durability. Some stories, perhaps of anecdotal quality, have showed him susceptible to surprise attack by bullets, in one case oozing a substance similar to liquid plastic.[16] In most stories, though, he is able to withstand corrosives, punctures and concussions without sustaining any injury (although he can be momentarily stunned). He is resistant to high velocity impacts that would kill an ordinary person, resistant to blasts from energy weapons (Batman once mentioned that he could presumably even withstand a nuclear detonation), and is bulletproof. His bodily mass can be dispersed, but for all intents and purposes it is invulnerable.

Regeneration: He is able to regenerate and/or assimilate lost or damaged tissue, although he needs to be reasonably intact for this process to begin; he was reduced to separate molecules and scattered across the ocean for centuries, only returning to his usual form after the rest of the League were able to gather enough of his molecules and restore approximately 80% of his body mass, after which he began to regenerate what they hadn't salvaged.

Telepathic Immunity: As stated by Batman (in JLA #88, Dec. 2003), "Plastic Man's mind is no longer organic. It's untouchable by telepathy."

Immortality: Plastic Man does not appear to age; if he does, it is at a rate far slower than that of normal human beings. In the aftermath of the Justice League story Arc "Obsidian Age", Plastic Man was discovered to have survived for 3000 years scattered into separate molecules on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. He is now over 3000 years old and is still active as a superhero.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Maybe I'm making a mistake by nitpicking part of Legends, but it was incredibly dumb when the 3 of them were captured and couldn't break out because the darts stopped their powers. Given what we found about about the agents later, the darts probably nullify metahumans, and the people affected were 1. A guy with a gun (where did the put his gun? When did he get it back), 2. Someone who is not a meta, and was instead injected with future science tech (Or something?), 3. A regular human wearing a magical talisman that has nothing to do with her biochemistry. And of top of that they immediately start using their powers once they get out of the cell. The should have either sent some metas on that sideplot instead, or just claimed that somehow the cell was a dampening field instead, (nevermind that wouldn't work either for similar reasons.)

This has been my 2 cents analyzing a show that was never supposed to have logic applied, I just like a little internal consistency.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aquasnake posted:

Maybe I'm making a mistake by nitpicking part of Legends, but it was incredibly dumb when the 3 of them were captured and couldn't break out because the darts stopped their powers. Given what we found about about the agents later, the darts probably nullify metahumans, and the people affected were 1. A guy with a gun (where did the put his gun? When did he get it back), 2. Someone who is not a meta, and was instead injected with future science tech (Or something?), 3. A regular human wearing a magical talisman that has nothing to do with her biochemistry. And of top of that they immediately start using their powers once they get out of the cell. The should have either sent some metas on that sideplot instead, or just claimed that somehow the cell was a dampening field instead, (nevermind that wouldn't work either for similar reasons.)

This has been my 2 cents analyzing a show that was never supposed to have logic applied, I just like a little internal consistency.

This is definitely not the show for that.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If you analyze anything about this show other than historical woman the Time Lesbian seduced or historical buildings or boogie men Mick could burn then you are doing it wrong

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Speedforce, right?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

WhyteRyce posted:

If you analyze anything about this show other than historical woman the Time Lesbian seduced or historical buildings or boogie men Mick could burn then you are doing it wrong

They could go for a Joan of Arc twofer here.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Xelkelvos posted:

Next crossover should be a Titans team up with Mon-El, Miss Martian, Speedy, and Kid Flash. Sara Lance should borrow all black armor from a friend in Bludhaven.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

V-Men posted:

Mon-El, Miss Martian, Speedy, and Kid Flash.

If you're forming a team of people that no one would care if they all died, you should throw Felicity in there for good measure. And Cisco too if he doesn't stop moping.

avoid doorways fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 4, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

V-Men posted:

Next crossover should be a Titans team up with Mon-El, Miss Martian, Speedy, and Kid Flash. Sara Lance should borrow all black armor from a friend in Bludhaven.

Shame they already killed Ravager

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

He can turn into any shape or size, can alter his own density, and, according to wikipedia,

Yeah, this, basically. Plas is a goofball, but he is one tough goofball, and Batman's nuclear option if it came to taking down J'onn since he's immune to just about everything including the mind tricks.

Somewhat on topic, I was re-reading some Flashpoint comics, and the 3-part "Legion of Doom" stars our boy Heatwave. In this alt universe, Mick gets arrested and sent to a flying supermax prison (built by Queen industries) which looks just like the LoD from the Superfriends cartoon. He gets Plasticman to help him break out, and... I don't wanna spoil it, but it illustrates just how nasty he could be if he wasn't on the good guys' side.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Yeah, this, basically. Plas is a goofball, but he is one tough goofball, and Batman's nuclear option if it came to taking down J'onn since he's immune to just about everything including the mind tricks.

Somewhat on topic, I was re-reading some Flashpoint comics, and the 3-part "Legion of Doom" stars our boy Heatwave. In this alt universe, Mick gets arrested and sent to a flying supermax prison (built by Queen industries) which looks just like the LoD from the Superfriends cartoon. He gets Plasticman to help him break out, and... I don't wanna spoil it, but it illustrates just how nasty he could be if he wasn't on the good guys' side.

People tend to forget that O'Brien was a notorious criminal and safecracker before he ate a chemical bath and turned into Plas. He acts goofy because his body is the ultimate sight gag and the life he's overcome left him with a good sense of humor, but if the coin he and Woozy flipped had come up on the other side, the world would've been fuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
The cross-over was a hot mess to me. The only one of these shows that's up to date on Netflix in Norway is Legends. The rest lag a season behind. :smith:

I was expecting a "previous on the other shows" intro, but didn't get one. It was still a fun episode though.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Donnerberg posted:

The cross-over was a hot mess to me. The only one of these shows that's up to date on Netflix in Norway is Legends. The rest lag a season behind. :smith:

I was expecting a "previous on the other shows" intro, but didn't get one. It was still a fun episode though.

Can you use the CW app on roku or the CW site in Norway? The current seasons are on there

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

My name's RA'S AL GHUL.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'd love to hear the explanation for Merlyn randomly showing up in the 30s

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Goddamn Barrowman looking dapper as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I never knew I wanted Barrowman in 1920's garb.

• Locked thread