Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Spoeank posted:

They've lost 3 of 4 sometime recently but I can't quite remember how that one turned out.

I mean, they have 5 total losses so I dunno what you're remembering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Tae posted:

The best warrior line-up involves Green at center and you're not going to see that line-up as a major minutes thing until the playoffs so like I said, the regular season feels kinda random for them.

That lineup also involved Iguodala being very good, and this year he's shooting much worse and has lost a major step defensively. And it was never a lineup they could run for long because it got abused

Tae posted:

The magic are 6th in defense after a rocky start. Magic got what they want when they hired Vogel, pity that the roster literally doesn't have enough decent offensive talent because the magic front office is garbage

What offensive talent was available to them they didn't get? You're not going to maintain that drtg playing Vucevic big minutes. Ideally he could be moved for a scoring wing, but everyone knows he's got to go so there's no leverage. Payton and Gordon contribute a lot to that defense, but the former can't shoot and the latter has no consistency because he can shoot and finish but can't create a shot or handle the ball - you could trade them, but not for someone who maintains the defense AND improves your offense, and probably not for someone of equal quality on their rookie deal. Fournier can't do everything, and Hezonja possibly called Vogel a mean name or had sex relations with one of his relatives perhaps because he isn't sniffing the court. Who are they supposed to get, and how?

Rick posted:

On the SI podcast they were saying that even though they don't have a lot of wins they're still outperforming their projections and should probably be even worse and looking OK is a mirage.

The offense is very bad, but even if you trust pythagorean wins at this stage, and you shouldn't, they've only outperformed by one game. They've done a complete shakeup of their starting 5 now, though, so we'll see where that goes.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Let serge run the show imo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tae posted:

I mean, they have 5 total losses so I dunno what you're remembering.

No it happened. Pretty sure they won 3 in a row afterwards though.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The Spurs are not good
Zomeone please send help

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The magic gave away channing frye and tobias harris for nothing, then let brandon jennings leave for nothing and signed DJ augustin for some reason to 4 years after signing cj watson to a bad deal

and they self-sabotaged themselves by signing a free agent in the one single position they didn't need help

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The Spurs are not good
Zomeone please send help

This is what happens when you lose a future Hall of Fame big man and also Tim Duncan

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The Spurs are not good
Zomeone please send help

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Zomeone please send help

At last the mystical force behind the Spurs success has been revealed!!! Your doom will be soon :twisted:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Nooooooooooooooo
I have a slightly used mint condition French point guard if anyone wants it
It cries in the shower sometimes and might steal your girl but I think that should get at least another Kawhi in exchange

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The Spurs are not good
Zomeone please send help

Reading this like the first act in a Victorian novel where the narrator claims the family has fallen on destitute times and had to let go all but seven of the house servants and most of the gardeners

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
This level of talent is priceless though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtI_YwVkbUk
Has your starting point guard been on a track with f a b? Well why not change that

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

straight up brolic posted:

'projections' don't mean anything at this point. people that use SRS or Pythag as a predictive stat before 40 games have been played are evil

It's hosed up I finally listened to a Stat Man and he lied to me.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Perhaps the Cavs have chemistry issues

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Perhaps the Cavs have chemistry issues

Shouldn't have let Mozgov go smdh.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

At last the mystical force behind the Spurs success has been revealed!!! Your doom will be soon :twisted:

#ProjectStopZomeone Please retweet to help us raise awareness about the extra dimensional entity who has been unfairly influencing the basketball games

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

zomeone please send help is an extremely phil jackson tweet

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If you say Zomeone three times in an empty basketball arena, the air conditioning will spontaneously break

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Dejan Bimble posted:

#ProjectStopZomeone Please retweet to help us raise awareness about the extra dimensional entity who has been unfairly influencing the basketball games

Sorry I'm on Punkin's side in this one.

https://twitter.com/desertwaffle/status/804912009993064448

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Hey I said not good not no good. Major difference there. Don't sent them the wrong vibes, we need Dejounte Murray to be a star and for Pau Gasol to be Marc Gasol instead.
Where's the third Gasol brother? gently caress it.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Hey I said not good not no good. Major difference there. Don't sent them the wrong vibes, we need Dejounte Murray to be a star and for Pau Gasol to be Marc Gasol instead.
Where's the third Gasol brother? gently caress it.

Adria Gasol was a walk on to UCLA back in 2012, but went back to Spain pretty quickly and hasn't done anything since.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Adria Gasol was a walk on to UCLA back in 2012, but went back to Spain pretty quickly and hasn't done anything since.

He's a redditor and loves clubbing

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

lord have mercy!!!

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

What offensive talent was available to them they didn't get? You're not going to maintain that drtg playing Vucevic big minutes. Ideally he could be moved for a scoring wing, but everyone knows he's got to go so there's no leverage. Payton and Gordon contribute a lot to that defense, but the former can't shoot and the latter has no consistency because he can shoot and finish but can't create a shot or handle the ball - you could trade them, but not for someone who maintains the defense AND improves your offense, and probably not for someone of equal quality on their rookie deal. Fournier can't do everything, and Hezonja possibly called Vogel a mean name or had sex relations with one of his relatives perhaps because he isn't sniffing the court. Who are they supposed to get, and how?

why did they get rid of tobias harris again??

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

inx posted:

they read all of BIZORT's posts and decided to get rid of him and scott skiles

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Scott Skiles quit on the team literally, after they traded Tobias Harris because Skiles has a history of not liking Harris

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

This kid completely owns, by the way. This was during 2OT, he had been going like this all night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBApgldgeOA

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

:eyepop:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Papercut posted:

This kid completely owns, by the way. This was during 2OT, he had been going like this all night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBApgldgeOA

How tf am I the 11th person to watch this, it's prime viral poo poo

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Might be some wild rear end speculation on my part but neither the Cavs nor Spurs have any issues at all and you guys are overreacting.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Cavs, Spurs and Warriors are all fine. It's early.

The Hawks are not fine though. They've gone 2-8 over their last 10 games.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The hawks were a mediocre team before, and are now still a mediocre team that are 2 less good players for dwight and Shroder.

I like dwight still as a defensive rebounder but shroder is awful if you have high expectations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I have combed through eldritch tomes found at my local library and the only way to rid the world of Zomeone is to sign a defensive oriented center after eating all three umbilical cords to line your brain with eyes

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae posted:

The hawks were a mediocre team before, and are now still a mediocre team that are 2 less good players for dwight and Shroder.

I like dwight still as a defensive rebounder but shroder is awful if you have high expectations.

this post triggered my memory and tae, i know we've butted heads in the past, but you are some sort of weird name artist and i appreciate you very much

Tae posted:

McDermit

Tae posted:

Lilard

Tae posted:

Mahimi?

Tae posted:

Bellineli

Tae posted:

Beverly/Montejunas

Tae posted:

Mahmimi

Tae posted:

Mosgov

Tae posted:

Deangelo Russel

Tae posted:

Whittman

Tae posted:

Shaquile o neal

Tae posted:

micheal jordan

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
The Walt Whittman of our times

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
McDermit is actually more correct, somehow

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Brolander posted:

McDermit is actually more correct, somehow

They're all correct

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

inx posted:

Crowded front court, I guess? He wasn't a very good fit with Vucevic, but then they brought in both Ibaka and Biyombo which recreated the problem. You really don't want both of those guys unless you have some killer offense in the backcourt - it's like the ideal complement to the Blazers all O no D guards. But if they had stayed pat, Vuc/Gordon/Harris is a gross defensive front court. And we don't know what (if anything) else was available for Oladipo, who isn't good enough to be worth what OkC had to pay him if you're a bottom dweller like Orlando. There's no combination of the guys they've had access to in the last 3 years that is a good team unless Gordon/Hezonja becomes a star and that seems increasingly unlikely.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The problem isn't that they traded Tobias Harris, Frye, and Oladipo, it's that the value they got from them is bad.

I mean, Frye was on a 8 mill annual salary for a couple years and given away for a 2nd rounders. That's just in general pretty terrible. And Harris was traded for essentially Illyasova.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Draymond Green backs up Steve Kerr's argument on marijuana for pain: "Any vegetable that comes from the earth, they encourage you to eat it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'll never understand why Orlando signed bismack. Also lol if serge doesn't resign with Orlando

• Locked thread