Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I kept thinking of something along the lines of 100% Pity, but the insult to his Date Shirt being what lead to 100% might change that.

100% Killing Intent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I kept thinking of something along the lines of 100% Pity, but the insult to his Date Shirt being what lead to 100% might change that.

100% pity, for those with poor taste.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

JuniperCake posted:

Yeah I feel the same way.

I'm wondering if the 100% is going to be something some flavor of sympathy or compassion (or pity as some others have said). It doesn't seem like Dimple is being honest about his motivations here. Do we even know why he wants to be a god in the first place? I'm guessing there's probably some emotional baggage there from when he was alive.

honestly the most emotionally effecting chapter for me has always been dimple interacting with the tiny dude as he was reconstituting himself. for what seems like a shallow character on paper dimple is pretty interesting

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

the end of this chapter was the funniest moment in the entire series and nothing can top it

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Poor Dimple. The only on point thing hes said is what finally gets mob up to 100%

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

ONE ftw

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Mob at 100% fighting a Psycho while the Pyscho makes a mob psycho. I'm hype for the next chapter

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Chapter's already out. Translation should be out today or early tomorrow from what I hear.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

http://eyedelater.tumblr.com/post/153951801967/mob-psycho-100-chapter-979

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mob is so pure. :allears:

That omake though.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Mob :)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm too cynical, too evil to be speculating what this beautiful manga will do next.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
a pure and perfect boy. thank you one for this perfect and good manga.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 97.9 batoto link

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

100% Trust. Turns out Dimple was the only one that was completely honest with Mob all the time. :shobon:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Surely, none among us could have foreseen such a thing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

100% Trust. Turns out Dimple was the only one that was completely honest with Mob all the time. :shobon:

This is so good

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This reminds me of the part where Teru gets rid of Dimple, and Mob realizes that Dimple wasn't really that bad of a guy. This will be really interesting to see how it plays out, because it basically means Dimple has to back down and admit that he's not evil anymore.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

mabels big day posted:

This reminds me of the part where Teru gets rid of Dimple, and Mob realizes that Dimple wasn't really that bad of a guy. This will be really interesting to see how it plays out, because it basically means Dimple has to back down and admit that he's not evil anymore.

I think Dimple has never thought of himself as "evil", but he has been honest with Mob, so I bet Mob is going to turn things around by being honest with Dimple, and maybe getting Dimple to be honest to himself. Or something. All I know is that I kinda wished I read this chapter all in one go rather than piece by piece, having a week go by between page turns sorta mellows the gut punch to more of a gut itch.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want a friend as pure as Mob and a friend as Reigen as Reigen.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I think Dimple has never thought of himself as "evil", but he has been honest with Mob, so I bet Mob is going to turn things around by being honest with Dimple, and maybe getting Dimple to be honest to himself. Or something. All I know is that I kinda wished I read this chapter all in one go rather than piece by piece, having a week go by between page turns sorta mellows the gut punch to more of a gut itch.

Yeah I agree. Had to reread the last bit of the chapter along with this again to get more impact out of it

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I don't think Dimple was ever really evil. Like he wants to be a god but he wants to be a god who is nice to his followers and makes them happy, he just has questionable ways of attaining his goal. Buuuut "well-intentioned yet unscrupulous spirit" doesn't have the same ring to it, you know?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

He's kind of a bad person, but he's not an evil person.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

He's kind of a bad person, but he's not an evil person.

kind of a theme in this manga, really

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Considering that even after "becoming a god" in the previous chapters his thoughts during their fight was terror over Mob erasing him, I wonder how much of his motivation to becoming a god has just been to be strong enough that something stronger can't get rid of him. We know that long before he met Mob, he was also nearly erased when he had an encounter with Mogami.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Considering that even after "becoming a god" in the previous chapters his thoughts during their fight was terror over Mob erasing him, I wonder how much of his motivation to becoming a god has just been to be strong enough that something stronger can't get rid of him. We know that long before he met Mob, he was also nearly erased when he had an encounter with Mogami.

Dimple follows the Kzer Za Ur Quan school

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Surely, none among us could have foreseen such a thing.

Or, perhaps, just ONE of us.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

New chapter is out on the app.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

It's good.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

http://eyedelater.tumblr.com/post/154266638192/mob-psycho-100-chapter-9710

Also for your consideration:
https://twitter.com/MangaONE_shop/status/806879000777764864

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

:kimchi: and :unsmith:, simultaneously

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I want that steak.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
This comic is the best comic.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
:unsmith:

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Mob is a real good kid.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
the power of friendship and understanding can solve any conflict. this is true shonen manga stuff right here

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
this is a good manga

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mob is so pure he creates world peace with his purity.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

So this is the "power of friendship" I'm always hearing about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

That was very good. Thank you, ONE.