Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Cyborg Commando may indeed become the jewel of poo poo in your collection - it is truly horrible.

I gotta admit, I'm drooling over this one. What a gem of tacky 80's game design!

http://www.somethingawful.com/dungeons-and-dragons/cyborg-gygax-1987/1/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'll be collecting tomorrow. Sorry to keep you hanging goon santa.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Bruxism posted:

I gotta admit, I'm drooling over this one. What a gem of tacky 80's game design!

http://www.somethingawful.com/dungeons-and-dragons/cyborg-gygax-1987/1/

I found it (mostly) still in shrink too!

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Further gifts arrived!

Fabled Fruit has already hit the table once this week, and will again in about an hour. The group enjoyed it thoroughly and wants to continue the deck to see what further bullshit can be had when you just need one god drat pineapple quit hogging my space you jerk!

Also included is some very delicious looking hot chocolate powder, some peppermint stirrers, some sunscreen/lip balm combo, some mints from the Boot Hill Museum in Dodge City, a couple of beer cozies, some playing cards, and a couple bumper stickers! All in all, quite a good collection of things! Thanks, Ropes4u!

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
A package has arrived in the mail!

Oh no! What's this? The inspector says this package is no good. He says it's damaged and recommends sending it back. I thought that was pretty hasty, so I asked him to take a closer look before making a formal recommendation.

After a physical inspection, I've been told I have a "Grade III Parcel Breach", which is minor but does carry a risk of damaged contents. I was going to hold off until closer to Christmas to open this up, but I better do it now to give my Santa some peace of mind and ensure the contents are intact.

:dance: Woo! It's exactly what I wanted for Christmas: crumpled weekly pharmacy advertisements from the opposite coast! Wait... there's something underneath all this.

It's copies of Lost Legacy: The Starship and Splendor, as well as a pair of spooky dice :ghost: and an advance copy of a bunch of weird little games by some weird dude! Love Letter is my jam, so I'm looking forward to trying out Lost Legacy, and Splendor has caught my eye before, so that's two great gifts. Not to mention the bonus stuff! I don't have any of those little games in print, so the book will definitely come in handy when I end up being weird together with some of my friends. The custom dice are also pretty dang sweet, between the ghosts and the iridescence. I'll have to keep an eye out for Spooktacular so they see some specialized use! They didn't photograph well in the photo above, so here's a closer look at those spooky little specters.

Santa, your inspection was carried out by Evan, one of our certified package inspectors, this year. He says he appreciates his gift as well. Between the flaps, flat bottom, and  hole  "aerodynamic improvement" provided by the USPS, he says he and his brother'll have buckets of fun playing with it! Thanks, Ewen!

As for my Santee's gift, I've already got the major components, but I'm going to pick up one or two extras tomorrow as bonuses to throw in before I wrap everything and send the package off by Saturday.

Auralsaurus Flex fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 2, 2016

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

These are rad and I want them.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

A gift is now on its way to my Santee, in theory a journey of 10 days!

Now I'm off to find a drink, because the post office went in dry and didn't offer me anything to bite down on; badly dented my chances of going in a lightning round too :smith:

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Got my gift in, I'll take pictures when I get home from my trip this weekend. Thanks Santa!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Cheer has arrived! I'll get some pica taken this weekend, thank you Santa!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

The present-inspection-crew wasn't wanting to cooperate much with me; but here's one catte!

Thanks so much for the games Niemat! This actually is my second copy of Hanabi (my own drat fault for not listing it in my pastebin thing!) so I'll take care of regifting or exchanging with Amazon. But I'm super eager to try out Lanterns! The housemates seem game, so I should have a trip report shortly

jivjov fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 2, 2016

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Well, I got a notification from the front desk of my complex that a package had arrived.

Knowing it couldn't be the end of my 3+ year wait for my Exalted 3rd Edition KS rewards, it had to be something from my Secret Santa!

Imagine my surprise when I found not one, but three gifts and a piece of miniature medical equipment!

Ooh, prose! How fancy...

NICE. True Fact: This is the first ruler I ever received in trade, and was hoping for a copy of one of these to help teach new players.

Ooh, a film I secretly wanted to see for quite a long time. How did you know my fascination with Post-Apocalyptic Punk cinema, Secret Santa?

I just found out about this film yesterday, and was curious to see it. SERIOUSLY, THIS IS AWKWARD. ARE YOU SPYING ON ME SECRET SANTA?

And an emergency, miniature support boot. This will come in handy for any of Santa's elves who get hurt while climbing the apartment building.

In all seriousness, this will see use at our gaming table for Exalted sessions. We'll be rolling some dice at a time, lifting the boot, and rolling again, but at least we won't run and scour where all 25 dice have run off to. That is the best gift of all...

On my end: My Santee's gift will be in the mail in a couple of days. I just need to get to the FedEx and pay for shipping.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Odin Yule-father had too much mead the other week. But now he's woken up and he's out delivering gifts.

Oh, and if there's a round 2, We're in.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

TheSoundNinja posted:

Well, I got a notification from the front desk of my complex that a package had arrived.

Knowing it couldn't be the end of my 3+ year wait for my Exalted 3rd Edition KS rewards, it had to be something from my Secret Santa!

Imagine my surprise when I found not one, but three gifts and a piece of miniature medical equipment!

Ooh, prose! How fancy...

NICE. True Fact: This is the first ruler I ever received in trade, and was hoping for a copy of one of these to help teach new players.

Ooh, a film I secretly wanted to see for quite a long time. How did you know my fascination with Post-Apocalyptic Punk cinema, Secret Santa?

I just found out about this film yesterday, and was curious to see it. SERIOUSLY, THIS IS AWKWARD. ARE YOU SPYING ON ME SECRET SANTA?

And an emergency, miniature support boot. This will come in handy for any of Santa's elves who get hurt while climbing the apartment building.

In all seriousness, this will see use at our gaming table for Exalted sessions. We'll be rolling some dice at a time, lifting the boot, and rolling again, but at least we won't run and scour where all 25 dice have run off to. That is the best gift of all...

On my end: My Santee's gift will be in the mail in a couple of days. I just need to get to the FedEx and pay for shipping.

Glad you liked everything. I'll have my agents remove the hidden cameras. No, but seriously, I asked around for good and good-bad movie suggestions, and those seemed like good choices.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

jivjov posted:

The present-inspection-crew wasn't wanting to cooperate much with me; but here's one catte!

Thanks so much for the games Niemat! This actually is my second copy of Hanabi (my own drat fault for not listing it in my pastebin thing!) so I'll take care of regifting or exchanging with Amazon. But I'm super eager to try out Lanterns! The housemates seem game, so I should have a trip report shortly

Lanterns was a big hit. Chill enough that my wife followed along and enjoyed it, strategic enough that Krysm and I enjoyed ourselves! Sadly...I came in dead last.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Oh, and if there's a round 2, We're in.

As a matter of fact... there is, and you're #7!

We just need 1 more goon to join for Round 2 to close (or wait till sunday if nobody else joins). Don't forget, if you join a bonus round, you gotta send an official Joining The Bonus Round Email (so I can reply to it, and then use specific search criteria to locate all my bonus round goons for batch emailing of assignments... there is a convoluted process which is the best type of process).

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
Came home to a mystery amazon present containing this:

Thanks, Santa Goon! Ive had my eye on the book for ages and I'm hoping Mascarade will be a hit with the family at Christmas. I'm working on your present currently.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
A parcel is here.

It was actually here thrree days ago but I've been off sick and only just been able to collect it.

It's a Scyk (which I've already thought of at least two lists to ty out with) and some dial upgrades, which are in particular a nice thing for me - they're something I probably wouldn't have bought for myself but always kind of liked the idea of.

I'll be painting them at some point.

Thanks Goonta Claus

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I have a question have a Love Letter question, when it refers to a 16 card deck, why are there 20 cards available? With extras of the prince and up only?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Drowning Rabbit posted:

So I have a question have a Love Letter question, when it refers to a 16 card deck, why are there 20 cards available? With extras of the prince and up only?

Four of the cards included should be reference cards, rather than cards meant to be used in the game.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I got in a three-game match of Pixel Tactics with my brother tonight. Surprisingly fun and deep gameplay! Thanks again, LordAba.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Drowning Rabbit posted:

They're probably promo cards. Still only use one prince per game, but you can choose the one you think is cutest :3:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Also there's one version which has alternate cards that let you play the princess as a prince, defying stereotypes and such at your leisure.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

I got in a three-game match of Pixel Tactics with my brother tonight. Surprisingly fun and deep gameplay! Thanks again, LordAba.

That's great to hear! Yeah, there are... 5ish packs right now plus the big DX box to hold them all. They just finished a kickstarter for Mega Man Pixel Tactics too.

Cause you can't have too many cards, rights?

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!

Auralsaurus Flex posted:

A package has arrived in the mail!

Oh no! What's this? The inspector says this package is no good. He says it's damaged and recommends sending it back. I thought that was pretty hasty, so I asked him to take a closer look before making a formal recommendation.

After a physical inspection, I've been told I have a "Grade III Parcel Breach", which is minor but does carry a risk of damaged contents. I was going to hold off until closer to Christmas to open this up, but I better do it now to give my Santa some peace of mind and ensure the contents are intact.

:dance: Woo! It's exactly what I wanted for Christmas: crumpled weekly pharmacy advertisements from the opposite coast! Wait... there's something underneath all this.

It's copies of Lost Legacy: The Starship and Splendor, as well as a pair of spooky dice :ghost: and an advance copy of a bunch of weird little games by some weird dude! Love Letter is my jam, so I'm looking forward to trying out Lost Legacy, and Splendor has caught my eye before, so that's two great gifts. Not to mention the bonus stuff! I don't have any of those little games in print, so the book will definitely come in handy when I end up being weird together with some of my friends. The custom dice are also pretty dang sweet, between the ghosts and the iridescence. I'll have to keep an eye out for Spooktacular so they see some specialized use! They didn't photograph well in the photo above, so here's a closer look at those spooky little specters.

Santa, your inspection was carried out by Evan, one of our certified package inspectors, this year. He says he appreciates his gift as well. Between the flaps, flat bottom, and  hole  "aerodynamic improvement" provided by the USPS, he says he and his brother'll have buckets of fun playing with it! Thanks, Ewen!
You're welcome! Glad you like your new games and stuff. :3

NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010

[I'm not permitted pets in my flat, so Bulbasaur stepped in for inspection duties.]

THANKS!

I haven't been able to identify the flag yet, but it's pretty cool - I'll also enjoy reading the book and have been looking to get the adventures decks for Pathfinder for a while!

Yay for Santa!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

NeoAnjou posted:

[I'm not permitted pets in my flat, so Bulbasaur stepped in for inspection duties.]

THANKS!

I haven't been able to identify the flag yet, but it's pretty cool - I'll also enjoy reading the book and have been looking to get the adventures decks for Pathfinder for a while!

Yay for Santa!

It's a rectangular version of the crest of Anjou.

It seemed fitting :D

I had just started reading the book myself so if you enjoy it half as much as I have so far you'll have a good time.

Rumda fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 3, 2016

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The main bit of my gift got here today, but the note says there's a second piece so I'll wait to post pictures until then. But I am super stoked about it! :D

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I'm not an idiot, the four setup cards were not included in my count of 20 cards.
As you can see, I simply have an extra of the prince and up. No variant or promo, same cards.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Then you just got a lucky packing error

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

My feline gift inspector was bravely observing my from atop the couch, but she did watch intently as I opened the (carefully packed) parcel.

Several gifts! And a note!

Wow! I'm thoroughly stoked for all of these gifts, and the note was thoughtful and kind as well!

Thanks very much to Drowning Rabbit, my generous Santa who has inspired me to up my game next year!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm very nervous that my Santee has apparently not received their present yet despite the fact it got sent out on Wednesday. :ohdear:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

Cheer has arrived! I'll get some pica taken this weekend, thank you Santa!

And here we go!

Some mysterious boxes! WHat wonders could they hold?

Turns out it's this lot- Bang! the Dice Game Walking Dead, Lords of Waterdeep, and a couple packs of deck protectors! Thank you very much Santa! I look forward to taking them down to the games club sometime.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Wait, what's this?

I don't remember buying the Indie Cornucopia +4... has toddler-induced sleep deprivation finally got the better of me?

Or... have I received a Christmas gift?!

It's the latter. Thanks Santa!

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I have gotten a box, which has been duely cat-inspected and opened, but camera battery issues are preventing me from getting pictures up at the moment. Do want to reassure my santa that it has arrived and is kickin' rad, though!

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

LordAba posted:

The last con I went to the highlights were Captain Sonar and Mysterium. It's an interesting game that you don't want to play with friends if you don't want to hate them for giving you poo poo clues!

We played it, and it went over hugely well! It's definitely going to be a standard for the forseeable future.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Gift has been shipped!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Sign me up for the next lightning round! May as well keep a good thing going!

ALSO, thank you Lightning Round 1 Santa! I got your gift today, and I will post pictures later tonight when I get on my computer! Your gift did pass catte inspection, and I laughed at your notes. :)

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I've received a gift in the mail, but due to being flung halfway across a continent without said gift, I can't take a picture of it. What I can tell you is that it came in a small cardboard envelope from Amazon, and that I think there's supposed to be a second gift to go with it if I'm reading the letter right. If worse comes to worse, I'll coordinate a way to transcribe the letter to the thread.

In the meantime, Thanks for the gift Santa!! :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

I'm very nervous that my Santee has apparently not received their present yet despite the fact it got sent out on Wednesday. :ohdear:

Hmm. This time of year, serious postage delays should be expected... and also goons sometimes are busy and take a day or three to post. But keep an eye out and if your Santee doesn't post by, say, Wednesday, send me an email.

Felime posted:

I have gotten a box, which has been duely cat-inspected and opened, but camera battery issues are preventing me from getting pictures up at the moment. Do want to reassure my santa that it has arrived and is kickin' rad, though!

Gosh! Apparently your Secret Santa forgot an important part of Step 6, which is to post indicating that your present has been mailed. It's understandable, some goons have done TGSS a lot before and maybe don't go back and re-read all the rules, it can get tedious, etc.

This isn't a big issue, but I am mentioning it as a reminder to everyone: I track when you send a gift, so that as the time ticks away, I have a list of who hasn't mailed stuff, and I can bother those specific people to make sure nobody has accidentally forgotten. So please make sure you post in the thread when you send your gift! It makes me happy to fill in empty boxes in the Spreadsheet of Cheer.

SPEAKING OF WHICH

It's only December 4th, so there's still just about NINE WHOLE DAYS before everyone needs to have sent a gift. The deadline for sending gifts is December 13th.
Here is a list of goons for whom I do not have any information about having sent a gift. If you are on this list, you either need to A) post that you already sent a gift, or B) within the next nine days, send a gift (and then post that you sent a gift):

NO DATA:
comrade corcus
EscortMission
Ettin
gourdcaptain
JcDent
Lichtenstein (two gifts)
Loxbourne (two gifts)
moths
Owlkill
Pac-Manioc Root (BONUS ROUND 1)

POSTED DOING THINGS BUT NOT SHIPPED YET:
Auralsaurus Flex
goodness
Rhjamiz
TheSoundNinja
WereJace

If I listed your name, it's not a rebuke! Just a friendly reminder. :) Also I might have missed a post or filled in a wrong box or something so if I made a mistake, just let me know! Thanks!

Finally:

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 2 IS NOW CLOSED
LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 3 BEGINS NOW!

See this post for the bonus round rules.
Note that participants in this bonus round still have to ship things by December 13th. This round may not close until next Sunday, December 11th. That means you might only have two days in which to get a present shipped. Not shipped to yourself for re-shipping, but actually shipped to your Santee. If you are up for this challenge, by all means, sign up!
Also unless this round fills quickly, it's probably the last bonus round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Lightning round 2 gift away! ETA, Wednesday!

• Locked thread