Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Lestallum is sooo cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Five in Russia
Oct 11, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Speaking of Brotherhood, who even was that woman that the snake woman demon killed? I thought she was Noctis's mom, the queen, but nobody ever mentions her or seems particularly fazed by her death.

Yeah it is, I'm pretty sure they say it at least a few times in the first episode.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Kingsglaive was pretty baller. Really liked the Diamond Weapons that wrecked poo poo, hope we get to fight those in the game (don't tell me though, wanna find out on my own). Also was that Ultros in the airship? Because lol if it was.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lestallum is sooo cool

I haven't even gone there yet, there's too many other things to do and see. Like the Cocobo Post in the woods that i want to live in

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Foxhound posted:

Kingsglaive was pretty baller. Really liked the Diamond Weapons that wrecked poo poo, hope we get to fight those in the game (don't tell me though, wanna find out on my own). Also was that Ultros in the airship? Because lol if it was.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lmfao

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Lol the awful app doesn't have the aerisdies spoiler text so I didn't see that

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Two Tonberry stopped me on the highway in the rainy dead of night and we fought a pitched battle while an iron giant of who knows how high of a level loomed behind us with a flaming sword threatening at any point to intervene GOTY

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Iron giants are scary as gently caress in this.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/GreyTheTick/status/804575968413134848

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

lmao what the gently caress

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just picked this up and racing home. Too bad the manual is all in chinky chong moon speak so I can't read it excitedly on the train.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nice, a 10gb update immediately. gently caress modern gaming.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
It's a good game and I'm happy I bought it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just heard the download complete noise coming from the TV whilst taking a poo poo. Time to wipe my rear end and get down to business.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Speaking of Brotherhood, who even was that woman that the snake woman demon killed? I thought she was Noctis's mom, the queen, but nobody ever mentions her or seems particularly fazed by her death.

:shrug: That's Final Fantasy.

Five in Russia posted:

Yeah it is, I'm pretty sure they say it at least a few times in the first episode.

Oh I guess she does have an identity. That's good. Mom's are tough expendable.

Hahaha. He even has an announcer voice!

I wish they gave a bit better interaction animation for when they talk to you like that though because it kind of looks like he's just idling.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This game is good. I played for a few hours and so far I like the combat aside from the camera and lock on being weird sometimes. I like the collection feels from earning recipes etc. I think igni is the best guy and pompo or whatever sucks.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54DGq51cEVQ

this battle theme is so good, i cant wait to get this game!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Thinkign about other great Final Fantasy tracks.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck294MtGHAU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmofLcb6u0

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPvQoxXUQok

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ran into my first glitch last night during the stream. An enemy grunt got stuck behind a boss door and I couldn't get to him, but thankfully the autosaving in this game is spectacular and I just had to rebuy the FFIX OST before redoing the fight

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqqxT2wJ8tI

FFIX has some of my favorite songs from the whole series. The normal battle theme might be the best out of any of them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ran into my first glitch last night during the stream. An enemy grunt got stuck behind a boss door and I couldn't get to him, but thankfully the autosaving in this game is spectacular and I just had to rebuy the FFIX OST before redoing the fight
I had an entire group of imperials all break their AI and start simultaneously running around in tiny circles.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

FFIX has some of my favorite songs from the whole series. The normal battle theme might be the best out of any of them.

i agree about the battle theme. youre actually the only other person ive seen mention that they like it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the composer also likes 9 the most of all the games hes composed. for me 4 comes 2nd and then 6 after that

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I.N.R.I posted:

i agree about the battle theme. youre actually the only other person ive seen mention that they like it

It's so good. It's a nice fusion of the old school music and the newer type of music. Much like the game itself is a fusion of old school final fantasy and newer mechanics! FFIX is such a gem.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Video games are so good.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I saw the truck and got the recipe but I didn't get this. Lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCJyGy6AFJo

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Do the OSTs cost real money to buy

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

No, they cost like 100 gil

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

Video games are so good.

:yeah:

I only lack FF6, 9 and 11-12 for the complete collection now. Are any of the offshoot albums like Distant Worlds or Black Mages in the game?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

No, they cost like 100 gil

Thank you.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Foxhound posted:

:yeah:

I only lack FF6, 9 and 11-12 for the complete collection now. Are any of the offshoot albums like Distant Worlds or Black Mages in the game?
I've found Dissidia.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The first dungeon is short but cool and I really like the music down there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i love iris.