Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Death Ray posted:

Was that a reference to my site? I'm sorry, You didn't quote, so I am confused. (Also, if it is my site you are referring to I am even more confused!)

Talking about the "Rike us on Facebook" joke here and the Roofies comment here. Don't care enough to find further examples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Where's the Rike joke? I can't find that one.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Pick posted:

Where's the Rike joke? I can't find that one.

different page, here it is: http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/2016/09/30/costume-drama-16/

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Never Satisfied has gotten kind of intense

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
That's fairly placid, to be honest

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
In Sluggy Freelance, if thaYs who I think it is, and it is, uh... that is quite a twist, especially considering how man people were pointing out the similarities between the character designs way back when.

I was wondering how she was going to get up tied up in what this was building towards. Now I just dont know what happened. Time travel? Or just... the original?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GlyphGryph posted:

In Sluggy Freelance, if thaYs who I think it is, and it is, uh... that is quite a twist, especially considering how man people were pointing out the similarities between the character designs way back when.

I was wondering how she was going to get up tied up in what this was building towards. Now I just dont know what happened. Time travel? Or just... the original?

I can't say I can pretend to remember seeing that character before.

Given how Sluggy's archive is second only to Mezzacotta's, I really don't feel like trying to find her previous appearance. I suppose that her sporting the same hairdo as Oasis is supposed to establish a link between them, even though hairstyle is hardly a phenotypical expression of one's genome, but other than that, no idea.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Its not just the hairstyle. I know Pete is, uh... not the greatest artist, but it clearly is supposed to BE Oasis. and the hair is a shorthand. but the face is the same as well

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
My favorite detail is that bat dude is still sitting at the table next to Ben.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

CONTINUITY ERROR: In ScaryGoRound 11/29/16 Shauna is shown with entire pants, yet it is clearly shown in the previous day's comic when Lottie is applying styptic or whatever the dumb british call it that her pants' knees have been tragically torn. (smugly satisfied, mucousy inhaling noise, perhaps interspersed with chewing)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Scaramouche posted:

CONTINUITY ERROR: In ScaryGoRound 11/29/16 Shauna is shown with entire pants, yet it is clearly shown in the previous day's comic when Lottie is applying styptic or whatever the dumb british call it that her pants' knees have been tragically torn. (smugly satisfied, mucousy inhaling noise, perhaps interspersed with chewing)

Clearly Lottie had a spare set of trousers in Shauna's size for exactly this occasion. A journalist is always prepared.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Oh my god Kit.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Woah Poppy

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
let's make a webcomic. thread project

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
im an ideas guy

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Avshalom posted:

what sort of story should we tell

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Came here to post this. Never stop being awesome, Morbi. :allears:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Were you thinking of a specific song? Because the first thing that OOUUUUUGHHH puts in my head is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY7eVNGEbJU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Renaissance Robot posted:

Were you thinking of a specific song? Because the first thing that OOUUUUUGHHH puts in my head is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY7eVNGEbJU

It's literally the beginning of some tune from a Guilty Gear soundtrack.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Avshalom posted:

I'll do the character designs

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOLzS2MmkzQ

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

paradoxGentleman posted:

I call it Let's Do Lunch. It's the story of a group of sexy magical twentysomething superheroes trying to decide where to get lunch, but a series of interruptions and misunderstandings constantly get in their way. Then when they finally manage to align their schedules and agree on a lunch place, they get there and find the restaurant has been torn down, revealing the half-buried head of the Statue of Liberty. It was Earth all along.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Straight White Shark posted:

I call it Let's Do Lunch. It's the story of a group of sexy magical twentysomething superheroes trying to decide where to get lunch, but a series of interruptions and misunderstandings constantly get in their way. Then when they finally manage to align their schedules and agree on a lunch place, they get there and find the restaurant has been torn down, revealing the half-buried head of the Statue of Liberty. It was Earth all along.
good, also they can all turn into various sorts of bird. one is a guinea fowl, and another is a handsome pheasant

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Avshalom posted:

good, also they can all turn into various sorts of bird. one is a guinea fowl, and another is a handsome pheasant

the hipster turns into an archaeopteryx

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Avshalom posted:

I'll be the extremely erratic updates that eventually peter out into nothingness.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I think my favorite part of the Poppy universe is how it exists solely to troll Friedrich for the amusement of the reader.

Look at that "please no". That is the half hearted protest of a defeated man. RIP in peace.

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
AND I'LL FORM THE HEAD

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Morbi posted:

AND I'LL FORM THE HEAD

That's the one that absconds with the Kickstarter money right

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Captain Oblivious posted:

That's the one that absconds with the Kickstarter money right

No, Morbi is playing the role of the Statue of Liberty's head.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Morbi posted:

AND I'LL FORM THE HEAD
So when does Death Metal Rooster show up in the comic?

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

paradoxGentleman posted:

Picture four webcomics on the edge of a cliff...

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It looks like Vattu's finally on the cusp of actually getting to do something in her comic.

Political exposition is nice, but she didn't get where she is by just hanging around in a fancy building.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
you are nothing but a pack of toads. complete fools. you will die of it

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I read Rice Boy and loved it so much I bought the book. But "I should read Order of Tales and then Vattu" has become a very... nontrivial proposition, as the years have gone on. I should really resolve that, though. Maybe I'll just straight-up buy the OoT books, read them, then catch up with Vattu online.

In fact, now that I think about it... I vaguely remember I first heard good things about Eva Dahm's comics, took a gamble and bought Rice Boy's book just as OoT was starting, and read it for the first time in physical form. And I liked it so much that I decided to wait and do the same thing for OoT. Okay. That was maybe dumb, because I've completely forgotten all of that over the years. Thanks to this thread for jogging my memory. I guess I should follow through on that idea from... seven loving years ago? wow. wow. wow. New plan: reread that book still sitting on my shelf, then decide if I want to spend some christmas money on myself or wait until january. I can't believe I just found yet another way I let my 19-year-old self down.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Dec 5, 2016

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Ditocoaf posted:

I read Rice Boy and loved it so much I bought the book. But "I should read Order of Tales and then Vattu" has become a very... nontrivial proposition, as the years have gone on. I should really resolve that, though. Maybe I'll just straight-up buy the OoT books, read them, then catch up with Vattu online.

In fact, now that I think about it... I vaguely remember I first heard good things about Eva Dahm's comics, took a gamble and bought Rice Boy's book just as OoT was starting, and read it for the first time in physical form. And I liked it so much that I decided to wait and do the same thing for OoT. Okay. That was maybe dumb, because I've completely forgotten all of that over the years. Thanks to this thread for jogging my memory. I guess I should follow through on that idea from... seven loving years ago? wow. wow. wow. New plan: reread that book still sitting on my shelf, then decide if I want to spend some christmas money on myself or wait until january. I can't believe I just found yet another way I let my 19-year-old self down.

They read so much better in book form.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
http://broodhollow.chainsawsuit.com/2016/12/wanted-broodhollow/

Broodhollow's on hiatus while Kris looks for people to help him with it

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

I wish Commander could be my dad too...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Can we keep the Team Skull kids around as part of the cast, please? :allears:

In Tackleford news: seems like onomatopoeic pointing is part of the Mystery Girl power set.

Also Kiskaloo continues to be weird and amusing. I guess I should explain what it is rather than just dumping links every update. The elevator pitch is basically 'Calvin and Hobbes, except it's about a little girl and her one-eyed cat and sequential and it's also written/drawn by Chris Sanders (the Lilo & Stitch guy).' I guess throwing out links to stuff in the middle of a dream sequence might be confusing to people. Anyway, this will be the last time I bring it up unless someone else does first.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Kiskaloo looks cute, but the eight year hiatus does not fill me with confidence. I'll go have a look at it though!

Edit: Although I see he wrote a post to go with the new site with a timetable for new pages that he appears to have kept to, so that's good.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Can someone explain what's being alluded to in the latest Dr McNinja?

• Locked thread