Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

humpthewind posted:

All of this is true. I put a 2TB sshd in my PS4 and I load before 95% of people.

Yes, if your goal is just to be faster than other people, a SSHD will give you a good enough boost. There's a 2TB available in the slim form factor for ps4s for only like $120 or so.

Do not go down the SSD route unless you love and are insane about your PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

Yes, if your goal is just to be faster than other people, a SSHD will give you a good enough boost. There's a 2TB available in the slim form factor for ps4s for only like $120 or so.

Do not go down the SSD route unless you love and are insane about your PS4.

Hey good playin with y'all, I can't believe that the four of us were consistently in the top ten while I felt like I was turning in just the loving worst performances.

DROB is a blast from the past, Bad Company PSKrew represent

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Auxiliary Treats posted:

https://gfycat.com/BitterRealisticLamprey
I finally gave in to the arty truck hype; was not disappointed

I am not very good with it, but it has its moments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeTSYtLKNtc

Bonus fire trap content:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htw4yEyON04

Always when I'm eating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5OeqZtm8fM

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is it just me or is the Model No. 3 revolver kind of garbage? I can understand they don't want to make a quick-reloading revolver have the stopping power of, say, the Gasser but it doesn't compensate by having the fire rate of the Auto Revolver the medics get so you're stuck with something that shoots as slow as the powerful revolvers but doesn't hit as hard as them and something that reloads quickly as the Auto Revolver but has a worse fire rate.

Kind of disappointing since that is a pretty rad revolver. Or maybe I'm just bad at using it.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
Battle Goons Unite!

Hey guys I need a little help capturing these objectives. :colbert:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Hey good playin with y'all, I can't believe that the four of us were consistently in the top ten while I felt like I was turning in just the loving worst performances.

DROB is a blast from the past, Bad Company PSKrew represent

That's what having a real squad leader issuing effective commands (ie me) does wonders for your score.

Basically, as long as you play in a good squad, we help each other be a little bit better, as well as we get free squad points all the loving time, especially from orders. Nobody else is getting good squad points, that alone makes your score so much higher than other people.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 3, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm up for playing some, but I don't have a mic. PS4 "wolscott"

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Snak posted:

Your ps4 literally had a mic included in it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Snak posted:

I'll add you to my friends list. This game isn't as competitive as others, so who gives a gently caress if you don't have a mic. If you're not a dumb pubbie and can contribute to the squad, you'll go places. I played last night with three other goons with no headset/mic because I was tired, and they'll tell you I squad leader'd the gently caress out of that team to the top of the leaderboard.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 3, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Veg posted:

Your ps4 literally had a mic included in it.

I don't have a headset setup right now. With games like Bloodborne, I cam turn my speaker volume down pretty low and my game audio wont come over the mic, but with battlefield, I need to hear. I don't want to be that guy broadcasting his surround-sound over the voice chat.

So technically, I do have a mic. I don't have a mic I can use at the same time as headphones.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

Jimbot posted:

Going from Support and Assault to Medic is bad. Having semi-auto weaponry that you actually have to aim is throwing me off! But boy oh boy, so many points from heals and revives.

How is the rank 10 Medic gun anyway?

Looks great and has some sick looking skins but it's pretty terrible only 5 shots till reload and has a long reload time with low damage

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Jump on skater

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I initially didn't like the hellreigel but I just had an op on St Quentin scar and went 88 and 28 before we finally lost. Got them down to their last battalion but they pushed through to amiens and rolled us there. It's almost unfair how well the hellreigel does in mid range engagements

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
Getting into the the flow of aggressive scout is pretty fun. Infantry SMLE and then pretty much everything else fire - shoot people with flares, incindenary grenades, and incendiary traps at choke points. Everything burns!!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I don't have any info on my screen telling me like when I switch firing modes or zeroing ranges or anything. I can only tell if I'm on single shot by trying to shoot. That's really dumb.

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
True operators don't need visual aids. We just know.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/1S0W1uj.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
wait what

http://i.imgur.com/Z7hhPox.gifv

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
https://gfycat.com/QuarrelsomeFalseEidolonhelvum
Planes don't belong on the ground.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Did they change damage profiles for some weapons? I was getting one-shot 100 damage kills with 10A slugs, which was not happening a few weeks ago

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Laminator posted:

Did they change damage profiles for some weapons? I was getting one-shot 100 damage kills with 10A slugs, which was not happening a few weeks ago

God please

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
57-0 w arty truck on Sinai operations. Love 2 shoot snipers.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Laminator posted:

Out to 10 meters that should be the case. Was it beyond that? If so, was it a headshot?

Relatedly, I do like the ability to change the hitmarker color to indicate headshots. Fun feedback.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The Merry Marauder posted:

Out to 10 meters that should be the case. Was it beyond that? If so, was it a headshot?

Relatedly, I do like the ability to change the hitmarker color to indicate headshots. Fun feedback.

Oh you can do that? Will have to check that out. When I was using slugs pre-patch, they'd do 93 damage point blank to the chest, and the slow fire rate meant that you'd never get a second shot if they were shooting back.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh man you can't carry bith tyoes of mortars any more.

Airburst mortars are so worthless. They don't seem to do more than 50 damage maximum.

Like I can't get a kill against a stationary target with 5 mortars.

Snak fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 4, 2016

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It's a snowy Sunday in Chicago. I'm playing Battlefield. Where is the Xbox krew?

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

I'm gonna be on for a bit, gt TheGohnComex

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Nothing comes up on Xbox live, did you get autocorrected?

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

TheGohnComplex **

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Got the game for ps4 today.

I like it but I absolutely love the fact that it has gotten stuck in an infinite loading loop on 3 separate occasions (twice leaving a session after a round and once opening a battlepack) and required a restart of the game each time.

Great QA right there.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Just got shitstomped 4-100. Jesus.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Snak posted:

Just got shitstomped 4-100. Jesus.

Was that Domination? I've had some equally unbelievable losses in that mode. Some of the most unbalanced rounds I've ever seen in a game.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

sunday at work posted:

Was that Domination? I've had some equally unbelievable losses in that mode. Some of the most unbalanced rounds I've ever seen in a game.

Yeah. It's just playing with pubbies is such a tossup. You get a lot of snipers (or medics who are sniping) hanging out between points, and then you are forced to spawn on them and you're just constantly getting spawnkilled.

I get spawnkilled so much. It's insane. I can't believe I ever have a positive K/D (I usually don't) when it seems like 2/3 of the time I spawn in under fire and die before I can take 2 steps.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

spudsbuckley posted:

Got the game for ps4 today.

I like it but I absolutely love the fact that it has gotten stuck in an infinite loading loop on 3 separate occasions (twice leaving a session after a round and once opening a battlepack) and required a restart of the game each time.

Great QA right there.

Yeah the game doesn't really let you Quit by pressing the triangle button it just consigns you to a purgatorial loading screen for :dice: reasons.

I'm pretty sure people have bitched about it enough that they'll patch it soon.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Yeah the game doesn't really let you Quit by pressing the triangle button it just consigns you to a purgatorial loading screen for :dice: reasons.

I'm pretty sure people have bitched about it enough that they'll patch it soon.

People bitched that you couldn't quit out after a match unless you did it within the first 15 seconds or something, so they patched it so you could, and now when you do, it sticks you in a blank loading screen that lasts longer than if you'd have just let the next round load and quit after it starts. :dice:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
One time I was stuck on that loading screen so long that the next match finished. I know this because I got a trophy for winning it and I could hear then end round experience ticking up while I was still on the loading screen.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's mind boggling that they don't have a kill switch on their processes

Like this isn't even the first time they've made a battlefield this part should be an easy template that they just bring forward and use different fonts on

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

sunday at work posted:

i hate that dice lets games start with teams 2:1

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, the not being able to quit thing annoys me too. I usually play some quick rounds and then my girlfriend wants to watch tv or whatever, and I go: ok, I'll quit.
And then we both have to stare to some black screen for a minute +. And then I just shut down my PS to get it over with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
why aren't you just closing the app directly