Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Not sure if the free weekend is putting a lot of strain on things, but multiplayer on PS4 east coast feels way off today. Lots of random lag spikes, and the most annoying part is that the weapon switch button doesn't work about 25% of the time (it makes a "click" noise and then doesn't switch). Stuff like the Ronin teleport is all screwy too; I'll use it in an open area and only move forward by a couple feet.

Gonna set it down for now and try again later.

edit: lol ok, PSN is saying my down/up speeds are about 10% what they normally are, so there's the problem

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I want.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
Re titan crits here's a video giving you a leisurely look at all of em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_xLMBvCufI

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Keep Tone the same. Just slow movement speed?

Also on Xbox I am having a hell of a time get executions. I constantly am just meleeing instead of stabbing their face.

Also I keep loving up Titan executions. The titan I'm trying to execute has to be in the warning level of energy and then I just go up and melee right?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

soggybagel posted:

Keep Tone the same. Just slow movement speed?

Also on Xbox I am having a hell of a time get executions. I constantly am just meleeing instead of stabbing their face.

Also I keep loving up Titan executions. The titan I'm trying to execute has to be in the warning level of energy and then I just go up and melee right?

Meleing a doomed titan will perfom an execution, you have to be really fast/lucky because from what I can tell it looks like the server gives priority to ejecting if there's a dispute.

EDIT: I don't know what happens if you try to execute a doomed titan with a bodyshield though.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

God drat what the gently caress happened to the sound in this game? I just played and it was distorted as all hell.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I am constantly getting executed in my titan because I keep saying to myself "I CAN TAKE ANOTHER HIT!"

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

soggybagel posted:

I am constantly getting executed in my titan because I keep saying to myself "I CAN TAKE ANOTHER HIT!"

I've just trained myself to eject if I'm still taking damage in the danger zone no matter what. It saves me from situations where I'd have died way more often than staying in would have netted me another kill.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I dont know how to eject :3:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Mash the enter/exit button three times in quick succession. Took me a while to figure out as well.

So, how much of a jerk am I for whoring the poo poo out of the sidewinder? I dunno what it is about that thing, but it just deletes people ridiculously quickly with barely any effort. Who needs an actual gun when you can just poo poo out two dozen rockets on a moment's notice?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Zzulu posted:

If you're not in the danger zone, you can also eject any time by pressing up on the dpad, the square three times. This will not trigger your nuke though.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
drat Angel City, I really missed almost everything about you, but your weird just-a-little-too-high window ledges still piss me off.

Scorch totally wrecks Angel City bounty hunt, good god.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Is there some secret to hitting 144FPS in this? With everything on low/disabled, using an i7-5820k and a 980 Ti I cannot get a stable 144FPS at 1080p. Even using the temporal target thing can't hit it and it ranges between perfectly clear and noticeably blurry.

also I just won an amped hardpoint game where we had 20x the score of the enemy team, who I think were entirely free-weekend players

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Polaron posted:

You could also hop out of Scorch and go murder the dude face to face in order to teach him a lesson for picking on your firebro.

(Scorch owns)

An pilot dropped an ion at site C in Angel city last night, and I stole his battery before he had a chance to build any meter for electric smoke. For whatever reason, the dude hopped out and came after me on foot. I murdered him and his friend, called my own titan (still carrying the battery), and then murdered his auto-titan with my titan and capped the point. Is was one of the more :smug: moments I've had so far.

On another note, I just messed around with the G2 for the first time. That thing seems really good. If the hip fire was just a little bit better, I'd use it full time.

Zzulu posted:

On PC? Hold X and mash E 3 times.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 3, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You don't need to hold X, just press it.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

the free weekend thoroughly convinced me into buying this game and also mechs are cool.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
I got the banner "The Drop" and now I remember that sometimes on TF1 you'd drop in in one of those bounty hunt/attrition AI drop pods and now I miss that and would pay money to start matches that way

Ultimatefire
May 6, 2013
I love lasers, of all kinds.

https://youtu.be/6UVL7LFBc7s

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Tone is my waifu

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

God drat what the gently caress happened to the sound in this game? I just played and it was distorted as all hell.

what HAPPENED to the visuals in this game? i just played and my screen was all black!

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Volcanic Vents posted:

I got the banner "The Drop" and now I remember that sometimes on TF1 you'd drop in in one of those bounty hunt/attrition AI drop pods and now I miss that and would pay money to start matches that way

That was only in one campaign mission, but yeah it owned and needs to make a return if they bring Demeter back. Also the Wargames intro where you booted up the VR machine was sweet too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I was not prepared for TitanBall :swoon:.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

ninjahedgehog posted:

That was only in one campaign mission, but yeah it owned and needs to make a return if they bring Demeter back. Also the Wargames intro where you booted up the VR machine was sweet too.

Wasn't Demeter blown to pieces at the end of the first game?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
The fact that there are maps in TF2 that don't have a dropship intro at all really saddens me. :(

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

s.i.r.e. posted:

I had really bad problems with sound distortion, and turning down some settings helped. I think Respawn is aware of the issue.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Alehkhs posted:

The fact that there are maps in TF2 that don't have a dropship intro at all really saddens me. :(

Missed opportunity. Crash site should open with both sides crashing in escape pods.

I mean really.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Elysiume posted:

I had really bad problems with sound distortion, and turning down some settings helped. I think Respawn is aware of the issue.

I just played again without changing the settings and it was fine, really strange. Also, why did they lower the Attrition limit? If anything I was hoping they'd raise it so games were just a bit longer. :smith:

Amebx
Aug 6, 2007

i'm a shark!!! i'm a SHAAAARK!! suck my diick!! I'M A SHAAARK!!

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Is there some secret to hitting 144FPS in this? With everything on low/disabled, using an i7-5820k and a 980 Ti I cannot get a stable 144FPS at 1080p. Even using the temporal target thing can't hit it and it ranges between perfectly clear and noticeably blurry.

also I just won an amped hardpoint game where we had 20x the score of the enemy team, who I think were entirely free-weekend players

Try setting -high in the shortcut. It jumps the CPU priority up. On my i5-4690k (4,6 oc) and GTX 1070 i usually drop to 120/130 during heavy action. But on some maps like Angel City i can get down into the 80 range. Adaptive resolution does work well but i can't deal with the sudden blurriness tbh.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

s.i.r.e. posted:

Respawn is very bad with audio. Reminder that Titanfall 1 had 35 GB of uncompressed audio because Respawn thought that unpacking and decompressing audio would have been too much of a performance impact for their game.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Snuffman posted:

Missed opportunity. Crash site should open with both sides crashing in escape pods.

I mean really.

Crash site should open with a "sorry for this lovely map" note from devs and it should then skip to a good map.

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I've always thought pistols should be their own thing even in a typical two-weapon FPS. Your thigh's got nothing to do with the big longarms strapped across your back and chest.

Pistol should just be a 3rd weapon that comes out when you're out of ammo on your primary.

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

Nalin posted:

Respawn is very bad with audio. Reminder that Titanfall 1 had 35 GB of uncompressed audio because Respawn thought that unpacking and decompressing audio would have been too much of a performance impact for their game.

1% of a single core is just too much, man.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Snuffman posted:

I mean really.

Only if includes a scratchy, garbled "The 6-4 is a family!" over the radio.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Nalin posted:

It would have been understandable if it didn't install the audio for all supported languages. The game is about 15 gb with just one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

Pistol should just be a 3rd weapon that comes out when you're out of ammo on your primary.

The way it's set up pistols are pretty much useless, but I can see why they did it. I think they are just supposed to serve as backup for snipers or shotgunners.

Honestly the pistols barely have any reason to be in the game which is a shame cause some of them are really fun.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Barker has the best radio messages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFjygFMeBFw

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
I got tired of Ion's marshmallow gun and I keep getting the yips and flinching away at the last second with her laser shot, so I gave Scorch a try. It's really nice to be able to lay down a beating with your main gun.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Snuffman posted:

I mean really.

Oh poo poo, yeah, like the final mission in Titanfall 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo9Etv-7Ucg

EDIT: Both sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j512kxj9zlQ

Nalin fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I'm really getting the hang of Scorch. You really have to play the angles and hunt around corners, but goddamn can that guy lay out some damage. Not to mention it is really satisfying to get a pilot kill with the thermite launcher. That thing really should have more splash damage, though...I feel like the 40mm has just as much.

The Angel City camp pack is awesome, and a steal at $2.99.