Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Round-up of the end-of-season awards:

Fair Play Player Award: Keegan Rosenberry (no cards, only 13 fouls committed while playing every minute of the season)

That's crazy impressive considering he's a rookie and a defender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Comeback Player of the Year is a pretty backhanded compliment too
Surprise Player of the Year would be better

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

whypick1 posted:

Fair Play Player Award: Keegan Rosenberry (no cards, only 13 fouls committed while playing every minute of the season)

This is hands-down the most astounding stat on the list as far as I'm concerned. One foul every ~2.5 games, by a defender? Absurd.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

It looks like Sean Johnson is going to Atlanta for allocation money. I knew it was coming and it's still sad.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Comeback Player of the Year is a pretty backhanded compliment too

I would like to see this award renamed the Eddie Johnson comeback player of the year award.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Atlanta are apparently making Miguel Almiron from Lanus their 2nd designated player. $13m transfer fee is being reported. They're skewing young and South American with their designated players, not too surprising with Tata as manager I suppose.

Also yesterday they signed US U-19 player Brandon Vazquez from Tijuana.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

That's not the fee, no way

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

That's not the fee, no way

Because it's too low or because it's too high?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Dallan Invictus posted:

Because it's too low or because it's too high?

Way too high. Unless we're on to MLS 4.1 or something

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Yeah it seems like an absurdly high fee for an MLS team, but that dude has been linked with English clubs in the last window for about the same range, so :shrug:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I mean, yeah, it'd be a record purchase for an MLS team, but if ATL ARE buying him, I can't imagine him going for much less than that (Lanus apparently rejected a bid of $11m from Arsenal last window?). And Blank isn't exactly hurting for money or reluctant to spend on his teams, soooo....

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

That seems like a bad deal, not because a young promising player for 13 million is bad business but surely a brand new MLS team could spend that money better on 2-3 players and get a better team.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Almiron was spotted at a Falcons game, so pretty much a done deal

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

Almiron was spotted at a Falcons game, so pretty much a done deal

Yeah, Tata confirmed it in a radio interview, and the rumor on the $13m fee is apparently true too

https://twitter.com/EricGQuintana/status/805497220283953152

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
David Villa won MVP for dragging the shambling corpse of Man City B to the playoffs.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

NYRB players were just too good and split the vote

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seltzer posted:

This.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Should have been Gio

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

No it should've been BWP but he's not a name so he lost.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Seltzer posted:

this but unironically

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Countdown to Landon Donovan re-un-retiring begins now.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Looks like NYC is looking to shift Diskerud. I'd take him at KC, home of the ok-not-great US internationals

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Nostradingus posted:

Looks like NYC is looking to shift Diskerud. I'd take him at KC, home of the ok-not-great US internationals

Would love him at DC. The DC midfield has been dreadful since Kitchen left and Arnaud died. Deleon, Jeffrey, et al, just don't cut it.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Not old and lovely enough for Ben Olsen IMO, how would he even use him?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Atlanta are apparently getting Parkhurst in exchange for allocation money.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I don't understand how anyone would want diskerud at this point tbh.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

trem_two posted:

Atlanta are apparently getting Parkhurst in exchange for allocation money.

Good. He's been a liability for a long time.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Seltzer posted:

I don't understand how anyone would want diskerud at this point tbh.

I mean Diskerud probably can play about as well as say a Erik Friberg or something just he makes like 2.5x that much which due to salary caps is awful.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Jack2142 posted:

I mean Diskerud probably can play about as well as say a Erik Friberg or something just he makes like 2.5x that much which due to salary caps is awful.

Diskerud was a terrible pickup for NYC because they also got 2 DPs that play his position, but he could still do a job for some other team (that can convince NYC to pick up like half his salary because otherwise they'll have to buy out his ridiculous contract - with a no-movement clause to boot! - to get rid of him)

I mean granted their owners could afford it but cripes, the principle of the thing.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

St. Louis wants a taxpayer-funded stadium for their expansion team

Y'know, because there isn't any other gigantic sporting facility already in St. Louis that was renovated just 10 years ago, with a huge playing surface, seating for tens of thousands, and has a conspicuous lack of a current tenant.

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

Just coming in to say gently caress you Seattle, even if you do win tomorrow, it will never feel as good as it did for us, because we did it first. But you're not gonna win, you're gonna lose. I called TFC winning it when they signed Drew Moor.

gently caress you, Seattle.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

It's Cup day, I'm hyped.

Hopefully Jozy falls down in a way that knocks the ball into the goal in a legal fashion.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Welcome to GBS posted:

Just coming in to say gently caress you Seattle, even if you do win tomorrow, it will never feel as good as it did for us, because we did it first. But you're not gonna win, you're gonna lose. I called TFC winning it when they signed Drew Moor.

You guys couldn't even win a cup without making it all about us, in typical Portland fashion. If the Sounders win it will feel incredible, both because of the way the year started and because it will have nothing to do with a certain irrelevant team to the south. Enjoy the match, maybe you can sew another star on your kit for having the best tifos.

porkface posted:

It's Cup day, I'm hyped.

Hopefully Jozy falls down in a way that knocks the ball into the goal in a legal fashion.

gently caress yeah, hope the weather is okay because these teams both rule right now and it should be an awesome match. I hope Jozy does not fall down because I worry his bulk would snap Roldan in half like a twig.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Dec 10, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/SoccerByIves/status/807642484826370049

Free Dan KennedySean Johnson

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

That's dumb

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Indeed. Trading away a very experienced but still quite young hometown kid for the decaying corpse of Brad Guzan is quite stupid.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

whypick1 posted:

Indeed. Trading away a very experienced but still quite young hometown kid for the decaying corpse of Brad Guzan is quite stupid.

Speaking of hometown kids Morris has an article on The Player Tribune which is pretty great

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jordan-morris-seattle-sounders-mls/

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Jack2142 posted:

Speaking of hometown kids Morris has an article on The Player Tribune which is pretty great

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jordan-morris-seattle-sounders-mls/

:allears: Morris and Lodeiro make my heart happy.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Welcome to GBS posted:

:allears: ~*Sports*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I'm so happy for tonight

• Locked thread