Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jamesman posted:

Spider-Man goes to prom with Mary Jane, but Peter goes to prom with Liz Allan. He has to keep changing in and out of costume to juggle both dates until he eventually messes it up.

Michelle also has a date with Harry Osborn, so she's also juggling two dates and changing costumes. Somehow she and Peter trade costumes without noticing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I demand a hallway scene where all the characters are chasing each other through doors, emerging with different outfits at random, played to yakety saks

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Michelle also has a date with Harry Osborn, so she's also juggling two dates and changing costumes. Somehow she and Peter trade costumes without noticing.

Harry Osborn is also switching in and out of his Green Goblin costume, who is fighting Spider-Man.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Honestly, I've had it with the osbornes. I hope harry isn't even in the new spider man.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Have it be Eddie Brock and you have a movie.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Ignite Memories posted:

Honestly, I've had it with the osbornes. I hope harry isn't even in the new spider man.

This.

Spidey has such a great cast of villains. I'd love it if we could keep from falling back into the Osborne hole again.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Would be great if they drew from Straczynski's run for a while, his villains aren't as iconic but the themes are pretty great and now that they've officially introduced magic into the cinematic universe it might work out well. Maybe over 2-3 movies though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Just give the audience what they want and make a Carnage movie.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Who likes carnage

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Ignite Memories posted:

Who likes carnage

Lin-Manuel Miranda, for one.

Gotta say, wouldn't mind a musical Carnage.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

My Lovely Horse posted:

Would be great if they drew from Straczynski's run for a while, his villains aren't as iconic but the themes are pretty great and now that they've officially introduced magic into the cinematic universe it might work out well. Maybe over 2-3 movies though.

His villains "aren't as iconic." ?
They were knockoff Molten Man, palet swaps of the Avengers, male homeless Kitty Pryde, mobster Hulk zombie, generic JR Jr. Shadow monster #6 and smug tech billionaire*. If a hero is judged on his villains then this fails horribly.

Morlun really was JMS best idea on Spider-Man.

* = I love how this edgelord mocks Dr. Octopus for being so old and stupid with his powers, and how he's behind on the times...man.
And the first thing he does after getting his super suit is...to rob a bank.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Maximum Carnage would be a rad miniseries or something don't even tell me it wouldn't.

Hopefully they could license The Mob Rules.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I have a huge dislike for Carnage, but I'll gladly accept him and clones alternating for 12 movies in a row before one that touches the bullshit that JMS came up with.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

JMS is awful and nothing he came up with should be in any movie, for any superhero

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
In a perfect world the villain would be Venom and the entire movie would be a remake of Duel.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ignite Memories posted:

Who likes carnage

Almost as many people who like Venom, last I checked. Which means more people than all regular Marvel readers combined.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Symbiotes are so 90s. Over it

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I genuinely hope there are Mrs. Doubtfire shenanigans of some kind at the titular homecoming dance.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Madkal posted:

In a perfect world the villain would be Venom and the entire movie would be a remake of Duel.

So we would basically never actually see Venom the entire movie? I'm okay with that.

Actually it's funny how well you could fit Duel into the Spider-Man world. Have Spider-Man in the Spider-Mobile and chased by your choice of Honk Honk Venom, or Big Wheel, or the Hobgoblin van, or Overdrive, or the Green Goblin truck from Maximum Overdrive.

And now "Maximum Overdrive" has me picturing Maximum Carnage but with Overdrive instead.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lobok posted:

Actually it's funny how well you could fit Duel into the Spider-Man world. Have Spider-Man in the Spider-Mobile and chased by your choice of Honk Honk Venom, or Big Wheel, or the Hobgoblin van, or Overdrive, or the Green Goblin truck from Maximum Overdrive.

Have'em all and make it Wacky Races.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

WickedHate posted:

Have'em all and make it Wacky Races.

Serious money left on the table by not making a Marvel kart racer or Twisted Metal style car combat game. More heroes than you might think at first have some kind of vehicle associated with them.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
First Official Trailer for Guardians Vol: 2 premieres tonight at 8 pm EST during the ACC Championship game. It will be online around that time too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I would be okay with introducing venom as long as flash Thompson is the one who gets the symbiote

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAOgJ9y0Ots

So Iron Man is looking pretty "movie" here to me, I wonder if this is what we can expect Captain Marvel to look like in her film as well?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAOgJ9y0Ots

So Iron Man is looking pretty "movie" here to me, I wonder if this is what we can expect Captain Marvel to look like in her film as well?

It's hard for me to imagine it, the hair thing feels like it would be way too much and sort of out place for a MCU design. Though if they do decide to portray Captain Marvel as going Super Saiyan then that'd be pretty amusing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You guys know she does turn into a hair-on-fire super form in the comics, too, right.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

You guys know she does turn into a hair-on-fire super form in the comics, too, right.

I've never really understood what "going binary" actually does

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, but not quite in that particular way unless they've changed the design since I got tired of CM comics. If so then my mistake.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

One of Carol Danvers' powers that she keeps forgetting she has is absorbing energy. At one point she was cosmic-level and called Binary, and when she absorbs a lot of energy she can briefly go back to that power level. So yes, it is exactly going Super Saiyan.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She did it in Infinity. She had to be near a black hole or something though.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
You know, it might be fanboyism rearing it's head again, but at the end of the trailer while it's probably Thanos, given the subject material, I can't help but see a Sigma infected Ultron. Though that might be redundant.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That looks nothing like Thanos, and Thanos doesn't have loving eyes in his chest. What's wrong with you people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

That looks nothing like Thanos, and Thanos doesn't have loving eyes in his chest. What's wrong with you people.

If he has the Infinity Gems he can look like and have eyes wherever he wants. Duh.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lurdiak posted:

He was clearly sitting in a chair :colbert:

I definitely saw Ultron, not up to snuff on Capcom enough to know more though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I would definitely agree it's Ghost n Goblins' Satan if not for the top head being too small. I'm guessing either an original character or a fusion.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Guardians trailer looking good.
https://twitter.com/Guardians/status/805180605084278784

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Batista is so good

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

They are going to sell so much Baby Groot merchandise it's not even going to be funny.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Loved they're using Fox on the Run there, but man, that looks awesome.

Zero info about the plot, but that's fine, what I do want to see is Ego!

I'm pretty sure Carol has long hair because this game went into development before they settled on her hair cut and they used what she had in the comics at the end of the Kelly Sue run. It's funny, gamers are going "why no X-men!!!!??????" while comics fans are pretty happy with it because it lets them have a more varied roster. I mean, I love Wolverine, but I'd rather see his and others slots be filled with Moon Knight, Squirrel Girl, Black Bolt and others from the non-X-men roster.

Also, no Deadpool. Though MvC 3 is being remastered as well, but i already have it for Ps3, but in the trailer there is stuff in it that i don't have in my game.

Dexie posted:

They are going to sell so much Baby Groot merchandise it's not even going to be funny.

It will be coming out before the movie is even done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I believe Marvel is actually backing off of their "no mutants in games" thing because someone probably convinced Ike that the X-Men are hugely popular and the Inhumans aren't cutting it.

• Locked thread