Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

dreezy posted:

I loving hate video game talk in the rlm thread. rlm has nothing to do with video games

wroooooooooong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
have you guys played sonic??

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
You should feel lucky that Jack Packard and Rich Evans have allowed Jay and Mike to use RLM Inc. resources to waste their time watching movies. If it were up to me, RLM would be nothing but Rich playing FTL while Jay and Mike keep themselves warm behind a dumpster under a pile of Nukie tapes.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

Stealth games will be pretty cool when we get sentient A.I for the NPC's

A.I was already at this level years ago.
They often have to dumb down the AI to make it more playable, like give them fields of view of only 30-45 degrees forward frontal and little sound location skills.
It would be cool to have a game where NPCs search methodically every loving corner for you.

One bad example is Mafia 3.
You, a black man in soldier gear brandishing a bowie knife, in 1960s segregation era clan territory, can crouch walk up to a group of white bad guys in their 90 degree front view cones with no cover and in plain daylight, gut one of them noisily, and no one bats an eye lid.
But whistle from 20 yards away around two walls, poo poo they can pinpoint your spot instantly.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 2, 2016

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
poo poo, I still have problems with the soldier and black ops AI in Half-Life.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Pre-Rec released a thingy on their youtube about dishonored 2. They liked it.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
The one thing I like about Pre-Rec is the editing. The outros in particular are top-notch, considering the material.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

dreezy posted:

I loving hate video game talk in the rlm thread. rlm has nothing to do with video games

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Look at that cake :discourse:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
:drat:
That's a nice rear end.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqFyvZN_XHU

2016 catchup vid

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
An hour long episode of half in the bag? I just shat myself.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

canned from the band posted:

An hour long episode of half in the bag? I just shat myself.

xmas tlruly came early

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bring back old gbs posted:

xmas tlruly came early

Someone else also came. Early.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

That video is like uncut RLM heroin

Mike and Jay 4Ever

naem
May 29, 2011

I too enjoy my pretend internet friends on red lemmer median but personally not in a homosexual fashion (I'm a lesbinum)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

well I saw a movie

gently caress you

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Basticle posted:

well I saw a movie

gently caress you

I loled at this part.

I was really hoping they'd warched/mention Hell or High Water.

Great movie.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Woah I live a couple blocks away from the mansion in the Boy doll movie. I guess they filmed it there?? That's my true story.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

yo, can somebody please confirm they noticed the purple hands again for this video. i'm getting worried for mike.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
So they do actually watch worthwhile and interesting films like The Lobster and The Witch, they just choose not to talk about them in favour of another ho-hum Marvel film, got it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Glad they liked The Nice Guys, that was a great film with one of my favorite performances out of Ryan "the bad teenager who joins the racist team in Remember the Titans" Gosling

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

So they do actually watch worthwhile and interesting films like The Lobster and The Witch, they just choose not to talk about them in favour of another ho-hum Marvel film, got it.

They don't just review comic book movies all the time! Just roughly HALF the time, and only because they're popular!

Except by that logic they really fell down this year in reviewing animated animals can talk movies.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

So Jay, what did you think of The Secret Life of Pets?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

FrensaGeran posted:

They don't just review comic book movies all the time! Just roughly HALF the time, and only because they're popular!

Except by that logic they really fell down this year in reviewing animated animals can talk movies.

I'd also argue that half of what they used to demonstrate that they don't just review comic book movies were comic book-like.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The Lobster can be considered good for simply having Olivia Colman in it. She's great.

Don't know if I'll ever watch the movie, but I recommend that you do.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Paladinus posted:

The Lobster can be considered good for simply having Olivia Colman in it. She's great.

Don't know if I'll ever watch the movie, but I recommend that you do.

I loved it and yes she's great in it. Jay's on point for saying the first half in the hotel is stronger, but the second half isn't bad by any stretch either.

Mike is tasteless

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Video games and Jack are good.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

it's almost like they are doing this...for money!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Light Gun Man posted:

They're the Adam Sandler of film critics.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

They're the Adam Sandler of film critics.

Not until they wear a cape made out of their old Star Wars bedsheets and start making trailer reaction videos.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
was the witch any good? i got all excited by their discussion of it and now i want to watch it. i don't usually venture into horror movies, but this one just looks like a good and interesting movie

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

RaySmuckles posted:

was the witch any good? i got all excited by their discussion of it and now i want to watch it. i don't usually venture into horror movies, but this one just looks like a good and interesting movie

It's good but its more of a mystery/thriller than a horror movie

a bone to pick fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 4, 2016

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I couldn't tell what anyone was saying in that loving movie.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

a bone to pick posted:

It's a 70's style horror film. Reminded me of Don't Look Now.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

a bone to pick posted:

It absolutely isn't because the first four minutes shows you that there is a literal witch out there up to no-good and then the rest of the movie is people mumbling around and yelling at each other

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

The VVitch sucked. Primarily for the reason Jay stated, they spoiled the movie in the first act. It also has the worst sound design I have ever heard, and the dad was cast by one of those crazy bass competitions with the cars you can't even sit in.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Light Gun Man posted:

Which is funny when they criticize the Marvel movies for playing it safe because what they do makes money.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

All the supernatural stuff was absurdly cartoon as well. Felt so out of place with the sullen and raw feel of the rest of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
The Witch was great you rubes.

• Locked thread