Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Give him a break, he's just the latest in a long line of glorified Optimus powerups. At least he can move unlike Wingsaber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

Give him a break, he's just the latest in a long line of glorified Optimus powerups. At least he can move unlike Wingsaber.

Wingsaber had at least 4 points of articulation.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

Wingsaber had at least 4 points of articulation.

Are you counting his head split transformation as articulation...because I am!

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

So, my Autobot Heroes set came today. The paint on Ultra Magnus is god damned beautiful. Having both his normal CW version and this one, gently caress the CW version. Arcee, Kup, and Springer are all good. Blurr is a weird mess of not tabbing together right. Also, I hate his drat head. Also, he's super duper tight, so that might be the problem with his tabbing, even his head just will not turn

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Daaku Shinsei posted:

So, my Autobot Heroes set came today. The paint on Ultra Magnus is god damned beautiful. Having both his normal CW version and this one, gently caress the CW version. Arcee, Kup, and Springer are all good. Blurr is a weird mess of not tabbing together right. Also, I hate his drat head. Also, he's super duper tight, so that might be the problem with his tabbing, even his head just will not turn

Well four out of five is still pretty good, plus gives you an excuse to get TR Blurr if you don't already have him

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Was in Woking so thought I'd stick my head in Toys R Us. I hope you like RiD toys because that was almost 80% of the selection. The rest was made up of Rewinds, Wheelies and a poo poo ton of Soundwaves. And two MP Bumblebees but gently caress paying £80 for him

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gently caress yeah, despite it being past the 30 day buyer protection limit on the KO Star Saber, Ebay decided in my favor and refunded the money I paid. Hopefully another relatively cheap one comes along at some point from a legit seller.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

Well four out of five is still pretty good, plus gives you an excuse to get TR Blurr if you don't already have him

I have him, thankfully. It's hilarious how the box art looks more like TR Blurr than Generations.

Adeptus
May 1, 2009
Any UK-based folks tried TFs-Express.com? I'd quite like to treat myself to a masterpiece Soundwave, and that site was the only place I could find that was still offering the version with all the cassettes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Adeptus posted:

Any UK-based folks tried TFs-Express.com? I'd quite like to treat myself to a masterpiece Soundwave, and that site was the only place I could find that was still offering the version with all the cassettes.

I bought the KFC MP Blaster from them forever ago with no problems.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Adeptus posted:

I dunno if they ship to the UK, but BBTS still has pre-orders open for him.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I forgot the classic Cyclonus mold doesn't have bicep swivels. This upsets me. Things should be as perfect as I remember them all of the time.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
MP Inferno is a goddamned engineering marvel.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
What is the round thing under the Masterpiece Seekers' nosecones? What purpose does it serve? You probably wouldn't be able to fly very well with the cone tilted off to the side like that.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What is the round thing under the Masterpiece Seekers' nosecones? What purpose does it serve? You probably wouldn't be able to fly very well with the cone tilted off to the side like that.

Radar dish (which works just as well with the nosecone shut, natch)!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's called the radome, a radar and sensor package contained in the nose. Some model plane fans like to display planes "on the ground" with that and other access panels open to show the interior detail. It's a vestige of the original MP-03 mold that was geared toward being an accurate plane model more than an accurate depiction of Starscream.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Oh! Thanks!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Got FT Willis and MP Ratchet from the wife and in laws, now all I need is a nice Jazz and I've got all the Autobots I care about.

Maketoys looking like they might be the ones to watch with Downbeat.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Got FT Willis and MP Ratchet from the wife and in laws, now all I need is a nice Jazz and I've got all the Autobots I care about.

Maketoys looking like they might be the ones to watch with Downbeat.

FT Willis is just lovely in every respect. FT is an auto-preorder for me nowadays.

Downbeat is definitely the best of the Jazz offerings in the pipeline. Unless an FT version comes along, that's my pick. And really even then, an FT Jazz would be so far down the line at this point that I'd probably get Downbeat to fill the space on the shelf until the FT one came out in like 2019.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Keldroc posted:

FT Willis is just lovely in every respect. FT is an auto-preorder for me nowadays.

Downbeat is definitely the best of the Jazz offerings in the pipeline. Unless an FT version comes along, that's my pick. And really even then, an FT Jazz would be so far down the line at this point that I'd probably get Downbeat to fill the space on the shelf until the FT one came out in like 2019.

Yeah after eyeing up J4zz a little more I've just gone ahead and preordered Downbeat.

Next is the part where I explain to my wife I have enough Autobots now and yes, the only way my Decepticon collection can truly be complete is if I have like 5 different colour versions of the same airplane guy.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

Man, I cannot stop staring at this metallic paint on Ultra Magnus. I think I have a problem.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
It seems they've dropped a few places but does anyone know when Wave 3 is supposed to hit the US? I assume it'll still take it a while to make it out here but haha

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Good Listener posted:

It seems they've dropped a few places but does anyone know when Wave 3 is supposed to hit the US? I assume it'll still take it a while to make it out here but haha

My usual source (Diamond) still hasn't put them up for order but all the etailers I use have had them available over the last few weeks. Target seems to be the easiest place to find them.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Rhyno posted:

My usual source (Diamond) still hasn't put them up for order but all the etailers I use have had them available over the last few weeks. Target seems to be the easiest place to find them.

Thanks for letting me know~ I'll have to check around to see if anything's popped up.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Wave 3 Deluxes have been spotted in a whole bunch of TRUs in California. Not in LA, of course, but just about everywhere else.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tfw2005 will usually announce when a new wave hits a country proper. From there, you can use the sightings forum to determine if they're yet in your area http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/forums/transformers-sightings.304/

Wave 3 will definitely be around during the holidays though, as that clears and moves a bunch of stock. Tangentially related, but I am really worried "parallel with movie toys" is going to translate into "wave 4-6 are presumed extinct in the wild". Hopefully selling better than ever means Generations gets a better treatment this time.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Is Perceptor supposed to be in wave 4 or 5? He's the one I'm really looking forward to.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Is Perceptor supposed to be in wave 4 or 5? He's the one I'm really looking forward to.

Wave 4, yeah.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Good Listener posted:

I bought a Twinferno at TRU near Seattle yesterday.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I bought a Twinferno at TRU near Seattle yesterday.

Haha yea looking back I've seen the sightings forum there has mentioned some stuff popping up at the TRU nearest me, though Wave 3 seemed to be Columbus area which isn't a long drive but not something I can just hop over to without a bit more reason to drive there than just peeking for duders. I mainly just wasn't sure if it was coming out for the holidays or it wasn't dropping til January.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

With all the variation in pricing and the spotty distribution, I've just started ordering everything online, usually from HTS or Amazon. It's just not worth the time and effort to hunt them down when even if you find them you might end up at the one Target charging $20 for Deluxes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Has anyone had any hands on time with the bb7/BBQ/ym/whatever the gently caress they're going by now seeker KO's?

I've heard the kbb ones kind of suck so I'm hoping these will be the half-price knockoff answer to my prayers

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I managed to find Wheelie, Chromedome and Highbrow at a Target in Issaquah over the weekend. I really like how Chromedome looks and transformers. Both modes are really solid.

Also to add to my Waltron set this just came in!

I haven't had a change to take them out of the box to transform them yet but they look pretty nice. It even comes with the storybook from the promo video and its in English!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Now you're obligated to also get the Buzz Lightyear/aliens set and combine both together.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I really hope Optimus is basically IDW Star Saber here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLA6cpLwr6A

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Transformers: The Last Knight, starring Unicron, Metal Gears, psycho Optimus, and Sir Anthony Hopkins' love of money

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The MSJ posted:

I have absolutely no loving clue what this movie is about.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I think that's by far and away the worst bay TF movie trailer. The AoE and DOTM trailers were both good, this is just... Awful.

WickedHate posted:

I have absolutely no loving clue what this movie is about.
I don't think anyone does.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

It looks like it MAY have a Doublecross/Twinferno in it, though. I mean it looks like a 2 headed dragon-bot to me.

edit: or 3 heads? I'm not sure

Daaku Shinsei fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Daaku Shinsei posted:

It looks like it MAY have a Doublecross/Twinferno in it, though. I mean it looks like a 2 headed dragon-bot to me.

edit: or 3 heads? I'm not sure

I think that might be a Decepticon.

Screenshots and gifs: