Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

ChaosArgate posted:

The L and R buttons are actually really useful in this game! RIP the L=A setting though.

L = A is still in the game, check your settings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I know, I'm saying that now that the L and R buttons do something useful, I can't really use that setting.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

It seemed fast... Until I was at it for a while and realized my EV gains were really really low and Oricorio's calls for help were only successful like a 1/8 times

Magnemite is better at calling for help than Oricorio. Enough so that it's worth putting up with them sometimes having sturdy.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Dumb question, but I can't seem to find a straight answer through Google: If you have a poke whose pre-evo learns moves the evolved form can't, but you evolved them after the point where their pre-evo qualifies, can the move relearner still teach that move? For example, Growlithe learns Crunch at 39, so would the relearner still be able to teach it to an Arcanine that didn't evolve until after level 39?

Haven't gotten to the move relearner, so trying to figure out if I can hold off evolving until after the last Growlithe-only move at level 45 without loving myself out of being able to change moves around later.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Mizuti posted:

I ended up going to sleep early and missed out on several offers. Sorry! I've still got them:

I'd love a spare special ball Wimpod, Trapinch, Sewaddle, and Shinx from your collection. Anything in particular from this list strike your fancy?

Giant Boy Detective posted:

I've got my breedable Beast Balls 'mons listed on the Great Goon Beast Ball Spreadsheet, and also the following breedable Apricorn Ball boyz (and girlz):
  • Adamant Stufful with Thunder Punch, Wide Guard, Stomping Tantrum, and Ice Punch in a Love Ball.
  • Adamant Bounsweet in a Love Ball.
  • Timid Solosis in a Friend Ball.
  • Carvanha in a Lure Ball. (Sadly not Speed Boost.)
  • Jolly Gible with Outrage and Iron Head in a Lure Ball.
  • Emolga with Shock Wave, Charm, and Speed Swap in a Fast Ball.
  • Dratini in a Lure Ball.
  • Bagon in a Level Ball.
  • Roselia in a Moon Ball.
  • Feebas in a Love Ball.
  • Adamant Mimikyu in a Moon Ball.
  • Modest Salandit in a Love Ball.

My FC is 3668-7290-5168 and IGN is Tzu. You can also find me on the Discord server as GBD for easier coordination.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Dad Jokes posted:

Dumb question, but I can't seem to find a straight answer through Google: If you have a poke whose pre-evo learns moves the evolved form can't, but you evolved them after the point where their pre-evo qualifies, can the move relearner still teach that move? For example, Growlithe learns Crunch at 39, so would the relearner still be able to teach it to an Arcanine that didn't evolve until after level 39?

Haven't gotten to the move relearner, so trying to figure out if I can hold off evolving until after the last Growlithe-only move at level 45 without loving myself out of being able to change moves around later.
Nope! If it evolves before learning any pre-evo only moves, you lose out on those moves.
If you're anywhere similar to level I was at, you'll get Flare Blitz around the time you get to Po Town (end of third island). Just stick an eviolite or something on Growlithe until then.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Dad Jokes posted:

No I don't believe so.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

Nope! If it evolves before learning any pre-evo only moves, you lose out on those moves.
If you're anywhere similar to level I was at, you'll get Flare Blitz around the time you get to Po Town (end of third island). Just stick an eviolite or something on Growlithe until then.

Oh, I guess I didn't clarify. I meant if I evolve the Growlithe at level 45, would I be able to relearn older Growlithe-only moves as an Arcanine, since I'd waited until 45 to evolve?

So for example, if I evolve at 42, I wouldn't be able to relearn Flare Blitz since it's a level-45 move, but would I still be able to relearn Crunch, since it's a level 39 move?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Dad Jokes posted:

Oh, I guess I didn't clarify. I meant if I evolve the Growlithe at level 45, would I be able to relearn older Growlithe-only moves as an Arcanine, since I'd waited until 45 to evolve?
Nope. Move relearner will only look at Arcanine's level-up movelist. Does not matter when you evolve it.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

Nope. Move relearner will only look at Arcanine's level-up movelist. Does not matter when you evolve it.

Dang. Alright, thanks.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I can't decide which Minior color is cutest

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Black :colbert:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Lime Green

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Dark blue is the cutest, black is the snazziest

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Note Block posted:

It's demand has been dying off recently. I haven't been able to get any really good, rare, UB, or legendary Pokemon out of Castform in the last 48 hours.

And yet somehow more strays keep showing up to THE DOGG POUND

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sockser posted:

So if people kept trading their zygardes, you could have multiple 100% zygardes? why the hell IS zygarde in alola, anyway?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

spit on my clit posted:

So if people kept trading their zygardes, you could have multiple 100% zygardes? why the hell IS zygarde in alola, anyway?

Because Z version got cancelled.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

spit on my clit posted:

he wanted to get a tan and catch some sick waves bro

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Sockser posted:

Wait.... what is the purpose of this....

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mazerunner posted:

he wanted to get a tan and catch some sick waves bro

oh gently caress, the secret* Alolan form

(*if you didnt watch any of the trailers about zygarde)

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

ChaosArgate posted:

I know, I'm saying that now that the L and R buttons do something useful, I can't really use that setting.

There are arrows on the left and right sides of the lower screen that let you switch islands. Charizard doesn't discriminate against people with broken shoulder buttons.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Sockser posted:

So is Ninetails just taunting the other dogs at the kennel

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Jarogue posted:

So is Ninetails just taunting the other dogs at the kennel

What the gently caress Ninetails isn't a dog, she's a princess. Don't be that guy.

Is there still a Castform giveaway going on? I've been looking for the last two days now and I'm getting really, really sick of hearing Ledian's cry.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

It seemed fast but then was slow. I got owned by a child's game :(

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

the truth posted:

I think I have played all of the main games except B/W and I just got my first ever shiny: Magnemite. Not offering it to trade and probably won't use it because that electric bug from the start has me covered for an electric type, but it's cool to finally get one.
The Magnemite line is really good in these games, use that drat Magnemite :colbert:

Also you can't evolve Charjabug until literally like 90% of the way through the game.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rainuwastaken posted:

What the gently caress Ninetails isn't a dog, she's a princess. Don't be that guy.

ninetales is a dog dont make it weird

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffles Inc. posted:

What about Z-Moves?

Edit: I'm also really attached to my Togedemaru and he's been doing quite a bit of work for me in BS--how would this have fared against a lot of the matchups you saw?

Alakazam @ Psychium Z
Ability: Synchronize
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Protect
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball

Togedemaru @ Air Balloon
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Nuzzle
- Zing Zap
- Fake Out

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Shadow Bone
- Protect

Muk-Alola @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 70 Def / 70 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Salazzle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Corrosion
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Protect
- Torment
- Sludge Wave

Z moves were mostly gyarados water because ddance boost is mega dumb on it, but I saw bulus drop bloom doom a few times. No fancy z parting shots or z hypnosis or anything like that yet

Your team would have been fine, lots of people are trying new poo poo out so what you bring matters less than what you learn. Imo ditch salazzle, sadly not solid enough

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Anybody with HA + Outrage Gible?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

i am looking for a comic that I think has been posted here, its a wailord using a debuff move on another pokemon. I dont remember the name of the move but I remember the wailord going all like "hey yo my dad is a skitty, he has a hairy chest the ladies love him" and poo poo.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Salazzle looks really off putting

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

boy are my arms tired posted:

Your team would have been fine, lots of people are trying new poo poo out so what you bring matters less than what you learn. Imo ditch salazzle, sadly not solid enough

Ok cool--thanks for the info

Thinking Arcanine to replace Salazzle

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016
I could use a reminder on the ball inheritance situation. I already know Ditto never passes. But if I've got two things of the same species, can the father pass on the ball, or is it just the mother?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Dwall posted:

I could use a reminder on the ball inheritance situation. I already know Ditto never passes. But if I've got two things of the same species, can the father pass on the ball, or is it just the mother?

If the father and mother are of the same species, it randomly passes down a ball.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

ElMaligno posted:

i am looking for a comic that I think has been posted here, its a wailord using a debuff move on another pokemon. I dont remember the name of the move but I remember the wailord going all like "hey yo my dad is a skitty, he has a hairy chest the ladies love him" and poo poo.

I can't find the comic either but I know what you're talking about, and the move was Confide.

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016

Dr. Fetus posted:

If the father and mother are of the same species, it randomly passes down a ball.

Thanks. Looks like I've got a project to work on, then.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
Dear Battle Royale at large:

I'm going to give you a bit of advice from some dumbass wearing neon pink mirror shades and a tank top with a private investigator's face on it. I realize it's easy to get tunnel vision when you hit the mat and there's a Zygarde and a Lunala staring at you. I get it, it's real easy to spend a turn or two overlooking the little Mimikyu hanging around with the guy wearing the clown shoes outfit.

This is a huge mistake.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How do Minior colors work? Random or heritable, I mean. I want a living dex, after all.

e: also someone hook me up with more Beast Ball mons :3:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There's only one fishing rod, right? Trying to fill out the Pokedex and finding the pokemon that can be only be caught by fishing is getting frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If you're running assault vest, will you get more effective HP by investing in special defense versus HP? I know it wouldn't do anything against physical attacks but I thought it would make a pokemon really tanky against special. It didn't seem to make much of a difference though.