Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Kojima said it'll definitely be out before the Tokyo olympics lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

chloecharted will be dope as hell

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Wondering why the thread shot up in reply count. I'm most excited for TLOU2 multiplayer since I bought TLOU1 mp on a whim and it ended up being my favorite competitive MP shooter

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 4, 2016

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Lakbay posted:

Wondering why the thread shot up in reply count. I'm most excited for TLOU2 multiplayer since I bought TLOU1 mp on a whim and it ended up being my favorite competitive MP shooter

There's going to be a Patapon PS4 remaster.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So is the jokey acronym TLO2 or 2LOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I'm going to drink alcohol and play Patapon as loud as my surround sound will tolerate. It's going to be real annoying in my house, I can't wait.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

havenwaters posted:

Guerilla Games made the engine. Game won't be out for awhile.

Apparently Guerilla gave Kojima the source code for their engine before they signed any paperwork for Death Stranding to even use it.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

mycot posted:

There's going to be a Patapon PS4 remaster.

Patapon 1 was good, but Patapon 2 was the best one in the series and why couldn't that get a remaster? :(

Patapon 3 had the best music but oh lordy was the gameplay mediocre

except the patapon 2 theme song was the best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzUTa1tF7sM

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lakbay posted:

Patapon 1 was good, but Patapon 2 was the best one in the series and why couldn't that get a remaster? :(

These games are totally coming out with the idea of "let's gauge interest in making further remasters or sequels" so buy it and I'm sure Pata 2 and 3 will come out soon.

Hell maybe even a 4 happens. Actually I'm surprised Patapon 4 never happened on the Vita as a launch game or something.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Skeezy posted:

Apparently Guerilla gave Kojima the source code for their engine before they signed any paperwork for Death Stranding to even use it.
Yeah maybe he can make a good game with their tech. I felt most of Guerilla's games were soulless Sony tech demonstrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Housh posted:

Yeah maybe he can make a good game with their tech. I felt most of Guerilla's games were soulless Sony tech demonstrations.

Hopefully Horizon can fix this because what they have shown so far seems really cool.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

horizon is super cool looking but man did they choose the worst, most generic name imaginable for it

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I'm hoping Parappa and Crash remastered are $40 each. That seems like a fair price to me. I'd grab them day one at that price point.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I don't know exactly what it is, but Let It Die reminds me of a modern Rengoku game and I kinda like it. It's got that weird pseudo-PS2 era Japanese jank I miss.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
My avatar is the ending of patapon 1 oh dear (not that that game actually had a plot)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

I don't know, but the official joke subtitle for Knack 2 is "Knack 2: Knack 2 Knack"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Missed a step by not calling it '2 Last 2 furioUs'.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Let It Die is cool. Just put a couple hours into it, enough to roll a couple characters and level up a bit. They really starve you for good equipment, at least at the start. It's fun though. The roguelike mechanics are made cutely literal -- the characters you roll are stored in a big meat locker and you can switch to them or send them to be enemies in other people's games for income. I think any reanimated player corpses (called Haters, as opposed to Players lol) you kill go into your collection too, although I haven't run into any Haters that aren't my own yet. Looks like the stuff you can pay for is easier movement between floors in the tower and more random gifts, which isn't too bad. I think....I think punk's not dead

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Honestly I'd hope Parappa Patapon and Loco Roco would all come on the same disc for a reasonable price.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

homeless snail posted:

I don't know, but the official joke subtitle for Knack 2 is "Knack 2: Knack 2 Knack"

I would have gone with "Return of the Knack" myself

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

haveblue posted:

I would have gone with "Return of the Knack" myself

http://youtubedoubler.com/jY9M

Would have owned imo.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It's a damned shame the FOX engine is going to end up going to waste. Thing was optimized to hell and back.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's a damned shame the FOX engine is going to end up going to waste. Thing was optimized to hell and back.

there will be some mighty efficient plinko machines in tokyo :japan:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

haveblue posted:

The 2 Of Us, or, T2OU, no?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

acksplode posted:

Let It Die is cool. Just put a couple hours into it, enough to roll a couple characters and level up a bit. They really starve you for good equipment, at least at the start. It's fun though. The roguelike mechanics are made cutely literal -- the characters you roll are stored in a big meat locker and you can switch to them or send them to be enemies in other people's games for income. I think any reanimated player corpses (called Haters, as opposed to Players lol) you kill go into your collection too, although I haven't run into any Haters that aren't my own yet. Looks like the stuff you can pay for is easier movement between floors in the tower and more random gifts, which isn't too bad. I think....I think punk's not dead

I believe the only Haters that get stored are the ones you run in to that were previously yours. I've killed several and only got SPlithium for it. There seems to be a lot to the game, which is rather neat. The first weapon I got from the Uncle Death box was a magnum with a 3 foot barrel on it. At the moment, my character is just in her undies and wearing a traffic cone on her head going around punching people and breaking them in half with an over-the-shoulder back-breaker. Game's silly.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

All this TLOU talk I'm hella hyped about wipeout :catdrugs:

loving love the one on the vita

lmao knack 2 they must read this thread

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 4, 2016

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Mr. Fortitude posted:

That talk about Uncharted's final bosses was pretty funny, because while 3's final boss sucks it's also the only final boss in the first three games that accurately represent the gameplay in Uncharted. Some shooting, some climbing, a QTE fight and then a setpiece escape. It's much more representative of the gameplay than Uncharted 1's hiding behind a box and moving from cover to cover at specific times or you instant die or Uncharted 2's "lure main villain to glowing blue explosive on wall and shoot".

Yeah, I dunno what people are on about. UC3 is the only game in the series that even comes close to having what I would call a decent end boss.

Overlord K posted:

I think an important thing is they confirmed you're playing as Ellie out the gate this time, so that opens up a lot of fun possibilities for little gameplay changes in the single player. :allears:

Maybe Ellie had a baby and they killed it or something. What kind of infraction could turn a normal Ellie into a psycho Ellie?

haveblue posted:

The original acronym is pronounced 'tuh-loo'...so the new one's gotta be 'too-loo'

Skeezy posted:

Not exactly the best writers, but Guerilla are goddamn tech wizards.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Holy poo poo RE7 is good in VR. I am a believer now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Holy poo poo RE7 is good in VR. I am a believer now.

Based off what I'm seeing in response, I wonder if there's gonna be a huge gap in opinion between VR and non-VR RE7 players.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The VR makes it. Whether or not it's worth playing in non VR remains to be seen for sure but it's one of the best VR experiences out there imo. The atmosphere in the house is really loving creepy even of the actual "scary" parts are sort of lackluster and it looks impressively realistic.

I'm really susceptible to motion sickness in games where you can move yourself around, but they somehow tweaked it just right so I don't at sick at all, which is sort of VR miracle. I was worried I wouldn't be able to play a lot of games but I think they are going to solve motion sickness sooner than I would have guessed.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That Hater stuff in Let it Die is kind of broken. Level 31 Haters on the first level of the tower hitting you for 1/4 of your life. Appropriate name.

Oh and remember Left is for THROW and Right is for CONSUME. So don't consume that explosive mushroom because it'll nearly kill you then the poison will finish the job, like it did to my stupid rear end.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I hope Titanfall 2 downloads in time for me to play it for free :(

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jimbot posted:

Oh and remember Left is for THROW and Right is for CONSUME. So don't consume that explosive mushroom because it'll nearly kill you then the poison will finish the job, like it did to my stupid rear end.

I tried to eat a frog, but apparently I ever so slightly swiped while tapping right and it flipped it to a boomshroom and I ate that instead.

Why must all implementations of the pad be loving garbage

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lite_sleepr posted:

I hope Titanfall 2 downloads in time for me to play it for free :(

Christ with all the constant sales idk why most of you don't just watch some youtube videos and buy it

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Are there any good racing games on the PlayStation 4?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Dirt Rally. Fair warning though it's more of a sim than anything

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Is Wipeout gonna be in VR? That seems a no-brainer although it might be :barf: city for some.

Also, I haven't played Parappa the Rapper in about 18 years and the second I started the demo I knew every drat word in that rap. Now that's going to be in my head all night.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Trackmania is cool

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Spalec posted:

Is Wipeout gonna be in VR? That seems a no-brainer although it might be :barf: city for some.

Also, I haven't played Parappa the Rapper in about 18 years and the second I started the demo I knew every drat word in that rap. Now that's going to be in my head all night.

I was wondering the same. Being that it's not a whole new game i'm guessing no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I was wondering the same. Being that it's not a whole new game i'm guessing no

It's probably an interest check to see if there was still any interest in the series. If it sells well I wouldn't at all be surprised if we see an all-new one announced next year.

• Locked thread