Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Ape of Naples posted:

I don't mean this too seriously but Rifftrax should riff an MST3k just to get meta. Maybe just a short.

Mike did a book called Mike Nelson's Movie Megacheese where he'd watch movies and write essays making fun of them. The final chapter, I believe suggested to him by the editor, was the MST3K movie and he just kind of rolled his eyes through the gag.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. It's been a while since I've read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
It's Friday, so a new Rifftrax is out: Deadly Prey

I've seen this movie before, it is pretty insane.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Now I can say I've seen every RiffTrax Live event in the theater, having missed SCCtM and the first five minutes of Christmas Shorts-stravaganza the first time around.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I saw the double feature last night too. I've seen both before but I brought people who hadn't seen either. Probably should have remembered my girlfriend's phobia of dolls coming to life and warned her about Christmas Dream ahead of time.

The weird thing about it all was how the first show makes a callback joke to "I NEED YOU!" and we don't get the context until the second show.

For those who didn't go, the only new material was the guys spending a few minutes making fun of Christmas family photos sent in by fans. And repeated punches to Kevin's gut.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Was it really four hours long a someone expected a couple pages ago?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

PassTheRemote posted:

It's Friday, so a new Rifftrax is out: Deadly Prey

I've seen this movie before, it is pretty insane.

I didn't remember the film till I saw the preview. I remember this from an early episode of Best of the Worst. And yes what is described in the tweet happens in the movie

https://twitter.com/TheThomason/status/804835426473119744

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

ringu0 posted:

Was it really four hours long a someone expected a couple pages ago?

Nearly. There was a 10 minute break between segments. I got there at 7pm and left at 10:45pm.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hopefully they eventually do the sequel which was made with pretty much all the same people 30 years later.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
Man, what the hell is with this movie? It's like watching someone dick around in Metal Gear Solid 5 with an invincibility cheat activated.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Huh. I just heard Mike use the F-word in McBain. I never noticed that before.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Huh. I just heard Mike use the F-word in McBain. I never noticed that before.

It so weird how a lot of times they beep out any swears, but a few random ones they will leave them there. It still weird hearing them swear in those or in MST3K the Movie.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I haven't watched McBain but the general lack of swears is fine & only makes the ones left in 1000x more effective. in the campbells soup short I just loving died laughing at "this is some sick poo poo!" it was so on-point and out of left field

e: vvvvv :yeah:

flesh dance fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 4, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Rirse posted:

It so weird how a lot of times they beep out any swears, but a few random ones they will leave them there. It still weird hearing them swear in those or in MST3K the Movie.
Yeah, they know how to make the censoring work. Kevin's "*BLEEP* yeah!" in Future Force when the henchman uses the phone is more hilarious because it's bleeped.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mike's "Sure, why not?" at the snowboard jump onto the ski lift in Icebreaker was pretty great.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, they know how to make the censoring work. Kevin's "*BLEEP* yeah!" in Future Force when the henchman uses the phone is more hilarious because it's bleeped.

At the same time, on the last Sketchfest, Kevin's completely deflated "God I hate that loving movie." is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

So.... Deadly Prey.

Didn't expect to see anyone rubbing spit on worms tonight.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I tweeted at Rifftrax once asking what their policy was on swearing and I think they took it the wrong way and seemed pretty needlessly defensive. Basically it came down to what the rating of the original film was, but even that seems hit or miss from what I've seen.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Vicissitude posted:

I tweeted at Rifftrax once asking what their policy was on swearing and I think they took it the wrong way and seemed pretty needlessly defensive. Basically it came down to what the rating of the original film was, but even that seems hit or miss from what I've seen.

McBain is absolutely the most explicit they've been outside of Sketchfest.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Pretty happy they got around to doing deadly prey. One of my all time favorites!

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
That one got super grimy near the end, there. A lot of these low-budget things really do hate women, huh?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kojiro posted:

That one got super grimy near the end, there. A lot of these low-budget things really do hate women, huh?

Like Samurai Cop.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Kojiro posted:

http://drafthousefilms.com/film/dangerous-men

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
New VOD is up

What the hell?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I saw the costume, hoped that the movie was going to be about a vigilante wrestler, and it delivered!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Welp, there goes my Friday evening plans

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought that said Superego at first and my mind blew up.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I just finished my complete re-watch of MST3K and now have moved onto Rifftrax.

Last night was Star Trek V.

I love Trek, but other than "What does God need with a starship?", there's nothing to redeem this turd.

Excellent riffs, though.

Kevin: "Blow, blow, blow a goat. Ya buncha friggin' knobs!"

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I just finished my complete re-watch of MST3K and now have moved onto Rifftrax.

Last night was Star Trek V.

I love Trek, but other than "What does God need with a starship?", there's nothing to redeem this turd.

Excellent riffs, though.

Kevin: "Blow, blow, blow a goat. Ya buncha friggin' knobs!"

Man just wait till you get to some of the crazier VODs. Part of me wonders what kind of whacked-out holiday special MST3K could've done with Fun in Balloonland if they found another movie of similar length to pair with it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

DivisionPost posted:

Man just wait till you get to some of the crazier VODs. Part of me wonders what kind of whacked-out holiday special MST3K could've done with Fun in Balloonland if they found another movie of similar length to pair with it.

I have every Rifftrax they've done, so I know about that nightmare.

I'm just working my way back through the entire catalog.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm still on the fence about asking for a refund on one I bought over a year ago at this point just because half of the movie consists of women screaming. But it's still in the store so that must not be an issue for most people.

I'm reasonably sure that I've spent more than $20 a month on Rifftrax for the past...at least the past two years. Not counting Kickstarters and the live shows.

Heaven help me if they ever decide to do an audio-only season on something like Dragnet or Mr. Wizard because then I'd have to buy the riffs AND the episodes themselves.

Edit: What I'm saying is I need a Rifftrax intervention.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

RandomPauI posted:

I'm still on the fence about asking for a refund on one I bought over a year ago at this point just because half of the movie consists of women screaming.

Dude, then you might as well ask for a refund on the Star Wars Holiday Special as more than half of it consists of Wookiees screaming.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
That one with the alligator is the only movie that is almost unwatchable for me. I've seen it once and I'm not sure I could ever get through it again. What was it called again? rollergator or something? I just remember it had as estevez in it and that he must have been super desperate for heroine money or something.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

RandomPauI posted:

I'm still on the fence about asking for a refund on one I bought over a year ago at this point just because half of the movie consists of women screaming. But it's still in the store so that must not be an issue for most people.
How the hell do you mention this and not name it so that we can experience deep hurting

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

How the hell do you mention this and not name it so that we can experience deep hurting

I'm assuming it's the Dark Power since others have complained about it before. Personally it doesn't bother me. It's a fun movie.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
Maybe he is talking about the Mariah Carey movie

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I'm assuming it's the Dark Power since others have complained about it before. Personally it doesn't bother me. It's a fun movie.

I really liked Dark Power.

And Super Mario Bros, which I'm sure has more screaming.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

2DCAT posted:

That one with the alligator is the only movie that is almost unwatchable for me. I've seen it once and I'm not sure I could ever get through it again. What was it called again? rollergator or something? I just remember it had as estevez in it and that he must have been super desperate for heroine money or something.

Rollergator is a zen film making piece of art.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Canned Panda posted:

I really liked Dark Power.

And Super Mario Bros, which I'm sure has more screaming.

Oh or maybe it was Last Slumber Party.
Death Promise has a lot of annoying screaming during the fights but I still love it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

2DCAT posted:

I bought that one when it released, and it literally took me three tries on three separate occasions to get through the whole thing.

I haven't touched it since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Oh or maybe it was Last Slumber Party.
Death Promise has a lot of annoying screaming during the fights but I still love it.

Don't really remember any screaming in Last Slumber Party. Just that one ginger lady being so pissed off at the movie.

• Locked thread