Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ImpAtom posted:

Arale's gag is that she is the World's Strongest Robot who looks and acts like a small child.

Oh I hope it was something more interesting than that, as all I have to go by are the crossovers and they arent very good.

I do now feel bad for Penguin Village, living there must be a nightmare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
is Dr. Slump supposed to be a pedophile btw? or was that just weird translating? i kinda felt like he was a creep. I've also never been exposed to Dr. Slump outside of the Dragonball universe (though I know it's a big thing).

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

He's just a huge perv like Master Roshi, not a pedophile. It's like Master Roshi's wish last episode, he just wanted young ladies.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
They just wanna hook up with some young gals

and something something age of consent in japan

but yeah they're just garden-variety perverts

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

It's like asking what Bugs Bunny's gag is. If a character can just be summed up by "they're the angry one" they're usually a bad comedy character.

Don't diss vegeta like that.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Lupus Rufus posted:

it even had the same ominous music that played when he erased Zamasu. :allears:

Beerus' Madness is probably my favourite part of the OST so far.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so does no one age in Penguin Village or what

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

so does no one age in Penguin Village or what

Ask yourself this instead

Do any of the looney toons age?

In fact any time you have a question about Arale and company, just do that. Replace her with "Looney Toons"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Some people are loving mad over this episode.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

ChikoDemono posted:

He's just a huge perv like Master Roshi, not a pedophile. It's like Master Roshi's wish last episode, he just wanted young ladies.

big ol creepo like roshi, got it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

arale has always been the strongest

shes great

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

Got any choice quotes? The only place I see the DB fan community is the DB Multiverse comment section, and they're just extremely mad about everything all of the time.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I've only seen one angry rant on tumblr really. Most of the negative flack the show gets there seems to be from younger views, which I find kinda cute in a way. I have to wonder what it would've been like if social media was as much of a thing back when DBZ was airing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Hjalmar posted:

Got any choice quotes? The only place I see the DB fan community is the DB Multiverse comment section, and they're just extremely mad about everything all of the time.

Want the low hanging fruit?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xWSBkrrVv80

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Hjalmar posted:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Man the guys argument has a theme and he sticks with it, no matter what.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The venn diagram of people who hated this episode and people who didn't read Dragon Ball is a circle.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I read dragon ball

It was okay.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I still have yet to read or watch Dragonball but I can still tell you this is how the show's meant to be.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

If you want some hot takes on the Super anime then look no further than the comment section of any Dragonball Absalon video.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Any time someone complains about Goofy Dragon Ball it's almost assured they've never watched Dragon Ball. One of my friends complained about BoG and then admitted she only saw until the end of the first World Martial Arts Tournament of the original Dragon Ball

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the only shame is that this episode didn't happen before trunks left. Another android he missed.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kild posted:

the only shame is that this episode didn't happen before trunks left. Another android he missed.

Vegeta: Do I hear 10?!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Combat Lobster posted:

If you want some hot takes on the Super anime then look no further than the comment section of any Dragonball Absalon video.

I checked out the first episode, and the comments are disabled.

I'll take your word for it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Bedazzled Bacon Dildo would be a hell of a choice username

E: It's also ok that people don't necessarily like the direction of Super, and good portion of this very thread might've felt that way if Super aired when they were younger. Keeping a balance between story stuff like the adventures of Blackasu and the U6-U7 tournament would be nice, I think.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 4, 2016

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Funky Valentine posted:

Vegeta: Do I hear 10?!

This will be a fantastic episode of DBSA in the year 2525 when they get to it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Bedazzled Bacon Dildo would be a hell of a choice username

E: It's also ok that people don't necessarily like the direction of Super, and good portion of this very thread might've felt that way if Super aired when they were younger. Keeping a balance between story stuff like the adventures of Blackasu and the U6-U7 tournament would be nice, I think.

I watched Dragonball when I was younger and enjoyed it so probably not. There is also no real excuse as Dragonball is now readily and widely available and not "awkward HK fansubs".

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
The takeaway from this episode is that Beerus can just erase anything he wants, up to and including loving Loony Tunes, but if he can be distracted from destroying stuff by having wild digestive times, or by sleeping, or by food, or by whatever you distract a cat with, he can be managed. Goku will never beat Beerus in a fight on his own, but maybe he can just kind of treat him like a responsible cat-owner and everything will turn out great.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Those YouTube comments are great, and made my night!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

an underrated moment was Dr. Slump and Trunks going after the ghost. also Dr. Slump pulling out a copy of the manga

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vegeta getting owned is always fun.

This episode was good but the real best episode is coming next week. Will Yamcha succeed at something for once in his life?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

I feel like the people who hate most of the stuff in DBS probably hated the episode in DBZ where Goku and Piccolo went to driving school.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Desumaytah posted:

The takeaway from this episode is that Beerus can just erase anything he wants, up to and including loving Loony Tunes, but if he can be distracted from destroying stuff by having wild digestive times, or by sleeping, or by food, or by whatever you distract a cat with, he can be managed. Goku will never beat Beerus in a fight on his own, but maybe he can just kind of treat him like a responsible cat-owner and everything will turn out great.

We have discovered Beerus second weakness:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Do remember that this isn't the first time Vegeta fights a gag manga character, he knew how to deal with Arale thanks to his spar with Neko Majin Z.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
who would win Saitama vs Arale?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What would be funnier

That's who would win

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Neo_Crimson posted:

Just makes the episode better, imo

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Deliberately making art to antagonize the audience is the new black.

(Bonus points if you can train your audience to enjoy being antagonized.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

DBS isn't trying to antagonize the audience! It's specifically targeting Japanese fans who fully expect and believe that Dragonball was a gag manga with a lot of goofy jokes and Super is intentionally evoking that as much as the more serious parts of Z.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Rand Brittain posted:

Ah, the Teen Titans Go! style of programming. I love it.

• Locked thread