Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

a host, to another host: She ain't what she used to be

me (jumping, pointing): MODS! SAME! MODS!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

>> jerry I don't care how much you liked the old logo, stop displaying it on the lobby monitors

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Maeve: have I told you how I came to sweetwater?
bartender: rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb peas and carrots peas and carrots
Maeve: I know right?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

jerry stiller in the antechamber with the black/white hats

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
God dammit who set the Sheriff to El Topo mode again

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ATT: WRITERS

just fyi, theres a whole weird group that shows up & tries to coax the hosts into a recreation of the beans scene from blazing saddles

i had to give one guest a 6 month probe cause he kept trying weird bean experiments

please make a sanctioned fartzone & let me get back to real work

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ford: let's see if there's anything productive from our employees' 20-percent time this month
*clicks*
*gentle piano music begins playing*

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

a union member (its very futuristic): "if the hosts really have to gently caress while we print them, we're talking hazard pay"

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*Radiohead muzac booms in the bar I'm cleaning* My dad says this band was really influential but all I associate it with is cleaning up the host cum.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Siljmonster posted:

*Radiohead muzac booms in the bar I'm cleaning* My dad says this band was really influential but all I associate it with is cleaning up the host cum.

lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

dad: haa like 40 years ago we somtimes listened to bands that actually just played pop songs, but in a style that was 50 year older.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ppisssss

i fondly remember this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPLEbAVjiLA

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dear HR,

We have new requests for the muzak.

John's asking for some music for his new narrative orgy scene for these two schmucks thinking the Dolores model is sentient.

Is this fair use by now?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
guys, you know jim's retirement party is coming up. that guy's been here forever and I know every one of you owes him for something. anyway, we got together on the down low to get him a little something special. since this is not officially sanctioned by the higher ups we've had to pull in some resources where we could, and trade some favors with some other groups to make this happen. now all we need are a few hours on the big 3D skinjob printer or a couple of days on the little ones. if you spot a free slot on any of these (particularly night shift people), please book it. in case you haven't guessed already, yes, we did the one thing he's been talking about for almost 20 years, we are fabbing a full model of his anime waifu Katsume.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Siljmonster posted:

Dear HR,

We have new requests for the muzak.

John's asking for some music for his new narrative orgy scene for these two schmucks thinking the Dolores model is sentient.

Is this fair use by now?

please don't encourage this behavior; we've had several hosts come in for repair with arm injuries and at least one had an unauthorized usb keylogger in there. by the way can we lock down the hosts to only accept input devices in the standard ports. the techs are starting to complain about repeat repairs on the same host and the injuries are getting strange

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
condom machine in the saloon is broken

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

crusader_complex posted:

condom machine in the saloon is broken

another problem with the madam? time to retire the unit IMO

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
can we get the body shop to do a little bit better with their cleanup procedure? just got back from using my employee discount and have a really bad rash now.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

theres a gat dang yospos thread for this show?

ugh, i been postin in tviv

well anyway

HGNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGNNNNNNNN HGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN GHGNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG HNNNNNNNNNN

WOWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE WOWWWEEEEEEEE YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

this is the thread for computer funnies, complaining about pistons or w/e is in the scifi thread

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

My mistake, then!

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

code:
except BushidoError:
    host.seppuku()

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Gazpacho posted:

heres the reconstructed tweet for yosposterity

hey, can somebody revoke fords twitter access before the delos board sees this? were getting enough bad press as it is. the last thing we need is him bashing our other contracts

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Has there been any progress in finding someone to take over from Skylar to repair the old models? His retirement's coming up fast and while I know it's not easy to find someone to repair robots, if we can't afford to replace the hosts we definitely can't afford to pay him a consultant's hourly rate.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Fw: Re: Automatic Out of Office Reply

Soooo the QA lead has been status: 'In the Field' for a couple days now aaand I'm decidedly not going to be in the air ducts for at least the next few days in case any hosts are seeing this ;-*

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
can we talk about how no one has ever discussed samurai world with the network design team? are we even ready for this kind of load?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Guys the bitbucket is down again. I don't care that that old fart Ford likes git so much, can we please use a VCS from this century?

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

DaTroof posted:

Sorry, chief. When you gave me those instructions, I thought you meant the corrupted host images on the deployment server.

So... what did you mean when you told me to wipe the loads?

C.H.O.M.E posted:

Gptions, please select:

1: Boot in safe mode
2: Boot in safe mode with fetwgrking
3: Start Wastwgrld ngrmally

theflyingexecutive posted:

>> Guys I keep seeing pictures of my friends and family on stock image sites and I sneeze every time someone uses the microwave. this wouldn't really bother me, but hr just sent me a congratulations for twenty-five years with the company and I'm only 32. definitely asking ford about this at our meeting in the basement later.
lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The Management posted:

can we talk about how no one has ever discussed samurai world with the network design team? are we even ready for this kind of load?

are we calling it that officially now? i thought we were still 50-50 on shogun world

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Please inform QA to stop showing the hosts from Samurai World manga, it's causing garbage collection issues and for some reason the sex module is giving back false results. If the hosts don't gently caress then we don't get paid. Use this thread for liveops fixing the issue.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

are we calling it that officially now? i thought we were still 50-50 on shogun world

until i saw the warriors i was hoping for "sausage world," a 24/7/365 oktoberfest park

(because its initial incarnation as the theme park for vegans, "salad world," generated no customer interest)

dcseankun
Jun 17, 2005

suck my diiiiick, i'm a catshaaark!!!
To: All Employees
Date: December 5
Re: Missing Supplies and Christmas Party Update

Before I begin, it has come to my attention that large amounts of lubrication is missing from storage locker 2044. Please note that theft of company supplies will result in immediate termination. We also have safe whistleblower software installed on your PDAs, that directly emails HR members, remember if you see something, say something!

White Elephant Gift Exchange Update:

Please note that exchanging of park supplies and property including, weapons, alcohol, and sensitive corporate property is forbidden at this year's White Elephant Gift Exchange. We do not want a repeat of last year's episode where a certain technical employee drank too much and started firing off a Gatling gun in the restaurant.

HR

dcseankun fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 5, 2016

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Re: Material Requisition #6428591

Look, we all appreciate the work QA does to keep us safe and the danger the men and women of the armed response teams put themselves in, but the host-aware bullets are incredibly expensive. They're basically only economical in the park because those old guns can't fire nearly as many rounds as the service weapons that QA uses. Behavior also assures us that the same blocks that prevent hosts from recognizing things from the outside world will work just as well on service weapons - better, even, because they have the block and then they have to be smart enough to figure out how to use it, which most simply aren't set to be.

For the above reasons, I'm going to have to deny the request.

Sorry. Be safe out there.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Powaqoatse posted:

jerry seinfeld in the antechamber with the black/white hats

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Munkeymon posted:

Re: Material Requisition #6428591

Look, we all appreciate the work QA does to keep us safe and the danger the men and women of the armed response teams put themselves in, but the host-aware bullets are incredibly expensive. They're basically only economical in the park because those old guns can't fire nearly as many rounds as the service weapons that QA uses. Behavior also assures us that the same blocks that prevent hosts from recognizing things from the outside world will work just as well on service weapons - better, even, because they have the block and then they have to be smart enough to figure out how to use it, which most simply aren't set to be.

For the above reasons, I'm going to have to deny the request.

Sorry. Be safe out there.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
check your phones boys

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

check your phones boys

smdh @ those Timehop patch notes

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ah, there's yer problem. somebody set this thing's switch ta 'DECEIVE'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

oh christ they run Javascript they were bound to kill everyone eventually

silver lining: they'll all eventually run out of memory and freeze up since nobody's rebooting them regularly

• Locked thread