Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

The Midniter posted:

I'm really getting the hang of Scorch. You really have to play the angles and hunt around corners, but goddamn can that guy lay out some damage. Not to mention it is really satisfying to get a pilot kill with the thermite launcher. That thing really should have more splash damage, though...I feel like the 40mm has just as much.

The Angel City camp pack is awesome, and a steal at $2.99.

If my grenade is not on cooldown and there's a dude on a roof, one way or another he ain't there anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Midniter posted:

I'm really getting the hang of Scorch. You really have to play the angles and hunt around corners, but goddamn can that guy lay out some damage. Not to mention it is really satisfying to get a pilot kill with the thermite launcher. That thing really should have more splash damage, though...I feel like the 40mm has just as much.

The Angel City camp pack is awesome, and a steal at $2.99.

gas trap + thermite launcher is your splash damage. throwing some canisters into a building with a pilot attacking you then setting that mofo on fire is oddly satisfying.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Ronin owns really hard right now, I love it

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

the thermite launcher also has plenty of aoe if you just stick with the default kit instead of using the shield that is useless against the 6 tones the enemy is running

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
My clutch banking saves the day. Down by 600 bucks with 30 seconds left:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t93ishw0Rno

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

are there any good videos or guides (or just overall tips) for playing ronin? it's my favorite so far and im fairly good at getting kills with it but also it feels like im not doing as much damage as i should be?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Respawn messed something up with the Ion vortex shield.

https://gfycat.com/InsecureLoneEastsiberianlaika

Some Stalker/Grunt bullets took two whole health bars off that Northstar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3lyM8RshUc

The Ion knocked four of its own health bars out by reflecting Legion's bullets back at close range.

So, uh, I think vortex shield might be a tad powerful now.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nalin posted:

Some Stalker/Grunt bullets took two whole health bars off that Northstar.

Stalker shots will absolutely gently caress up Northstar, she's so god drat squishy Reapers are a serious threat if you don't notice them, the problem is there isn't much you can do about it while you charge up the Railgun to damage them.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
At some point in attrition the reaper AI goes "It is my time to shine" and goes insane. One of those fuckers chased me across the map and killed me.

Also the respawn guy posted on gaf regarding Angel city in regular playlists:

"...you guys were right, sorry. Was coming up much less than intended; fixed now (srsly) afaik."

keyframe fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Dec 4, 2016

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Nalin posted:

So, uh, I think vortex shield might be a tad powerful now.

Yup! They buffed the vortex shield damage from 20% to 35%, no idea why because it was already a complete counter to Legion. :shrug:

Rupert of Hentzau
Nov 23, 2005
Victim of gross furniture discourtesy.
Where are you finding these Legions who are happy to just keep punting bullets into the shield?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Feels like the L-Star got renerfed somewhere in the last couple days which is absurd. It has a super high time to kill and flight time for bullets. About to ragequit back to a hitscan LMG :shrug:

Its ability to kill stalkers and reapers might be useful if every ordnance and anti titan weapon didnt already do a better job

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Per the patch notes it was buffed but yeah

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Rupert of Hentzau posted:

Where are you finding these Legions who are happy to just keep punting bullets into the shield?

:shrug: Sometimes they get smart and stop shooting so I'll tickle them with the splitter rifle until they decide to start shooting again.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Is there a worse weapon than Sidewinder in this game?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

The Mastiff?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The wingman really stinks too.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Per the patch notes it was buffed but yeah

it fwlt a little better after the patch but since the day after that is what I mean.

I honestly think it needs a "clip size" buff so you actually have enough bullets to kill four stalkers without overheating or an adjustment to the slight reload animation they have for when you stop firing.

Ah well Respawn will probably revisit all of the projectile weapons if theyve been asjusting the EPG too

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Was the MGL buffed? Been using it again and it seems way more powerful, and the amount of people spamming it all over is relentless compared to before the patch. The thing feels flat out obnoxious all of a sudden.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Was the MGL buffed? Been using it again and it seems way more powerful, and the amount of people spamming it all over is relentless compared to before the patch. The thing feels flat out obnoxious all of a sudden.

Yeah it got a small damage buff which it needed, the range of the other three was infinitely more valuable then having to stay close enough to be in constant danger of a Titan while also having to do your damage over multiple small bursts making it easy for Titans to track you down

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

it feels kind of ridiculous though. I've never felt like an anti titan weapon wrecked titans so hard and you don't even have to aim the drat thing.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Amped MGL will take out a Strider before they even realize you're shooting them.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

keyframe posted:

Is there a worse weapon than Sidewinder in this game?

Spitfire

Wazzit posted:

The Mastiff?

veni veni veni posted:

The wingman really stinks too.

:eyepop: look at these bad opinions

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Spitfire especially sucks because while there are guns that are subpar, most of them are at least unique or interesting in their niche. Spitfire is just outclassed by Devotion in basically every way that matters.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
gently caress y'all Spitfire was my first primary I got to gen 2 and I'm gonna make it my first gen 10 just you watch t:mad:

Yeah there's statistically no reason at all to use it

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The worst goddamn thing about the trial weekend is that the Volt is level 27. :/

Alternator hasn't been bad, but cmon. I want that Volt goodness.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Mailer posted:

The worst goddamn thing about the trial weekend is that the Volt is level 27. :/

Alternator hasn't been bad, but cmon. I want that Volt goodness.

If you've been playing all wseekend and haven't earned 100 credits to unlock it yet I don't know what to tell you.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

Rupert of Hentzau posted:

Scorch's Thermal Shield loses power every time it blocks something so its quite possible to overload it as Legion.

And then I catch myself trying the same thing against Ions because I'm a dummy.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

:eyepop: look at these bad opinions

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

AirRaid posted:

If you've been playing all wseekend and haven't earned 100 credits to unlock it yet I don't know what to tell you.

Tone and Phase Shift were the immediate buys. Low Profile is the next buy. I'm two levels away from it now but coming from a gen2 guy on console there's a whole lot of stuff I would just assume I have. :/

Also PC is so much better than console.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
L Star could be good but other players lagging makes it impossible to aim accurately

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I want an ion action figure

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Romes128 posted:

gas trap + thermite launcher is your splash damage. throwing some canisters into a building with a pilot attacking you then setting that mofo on fire is oddly satisfying.

Can they light the gas with their own gunfire? I could swear a couple of people cooked themselves when I gassed a building but didn't light it yet.

Cannisters fit in a lot of places, and it is glorious.

For a scorch tip: I just unlocked first responder for 30 kill steaks. I wracked them up when I realized you don't have to take every fight. I started refusing to engage when I didn't have the right setup. Even though scorch is slow, you can use the shield and cannisters to break off a fight pretty effectively.

Xguard86 fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 4, 2016

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I've been challenged by a buddy to regen the Devotion, and while I'm kicking rear end and taking names, I'm hating every second of the camping bullshit I'm doing. :(

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

I've been challenged by a buddy to regen the Devotion, and while I'm kicking rear end and taking names, I'm hating every second of the camping bullshit I'm doing. :(

Don't camp, play with it aggressively. It's a really fun gun

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Daztek posted:

Don't camp, play with it aggressively. It's a really fun gun

:wrong:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Help I can't stop shooting people with the EVA. It's too perfect for me. Scorch is also hella fun.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
Wow the coliseum crowd are tough. What a surprisingly fun game mode though.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I've gotten rolled every time I play coliseum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Nalin posted:

This is why, as easy as it is to play Tone, I always want to switch back to Ion. With the right opponents (the people who think of it as "Babby's First Titan") not giving respect to it, it becomes horrifically dangerous.

(Also Ion has the best executions, and I want to bind a key to automatically spam "KAMEHAMEHA" every time I use the laser core. :swoon: )