Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Captain Baal posted:

All of the Marvel games except MSHvSF are good/fun

congrats on ur promotion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

some of them are better than others, all of them are flawed

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

punk rebel ecks posted:

I know it's still a year away but how the hell do you make this game 2 vs 2 and remove assists (do I have this right?, they actually removed assists?) ?

Because they need this game to sell to more than just the "MAG-loving-NETO" crowd, and as somebody who has played a whopping two Vs. games (TvC and (U)MvC3), I enjoyed TvC WAY more because it was more accessible to me. Capcom can't risk another SFV where they cater solely to the FGC and tell the casual players and potential newcomers to gently caress off because they don't want to get trapped in three infinite combos and then wonder why they wasted 60 dollars.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Just throwing this out there, but MVCI as a roman numeral is 4,101. A little food for thought.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

TvC had assistststststtssssssssssssssss

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Capcom can't risk another SFV where they cater solely to the FGC

lmbo

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

TaurusOxford posted:

Capcom can't risk another SFV where they cater solely to the FGC and tell the casual players and potential newcomers to gently caress off because they don't want to get trapped in three infinite combos and then wonder why they wasted 60 dollars.

You don't know much about SFV or its pre-release life, huh?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

TaurusOxford posted:

Because they need this game to sell to more than just the "MAG-loving-NETO" crowd, and as somebody who has played a whopping two Vs. games (TvC and (U)MvC3), I enjoyed TvC WAY more because it was more accessible to me. Capcom can't risk another SFV where they cater solely to the FGC and tell the casual players and potential newcomers to gently caress off because they don't want to get trapped in three infinite combos and then wonder why they wasted 60 dollars.

sfv doesnt cater to anything but a garbage can

btw, tvc was "more accessible" because it didnt have real netplay and you were playing at a poo poo tier level with bad people.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

fadam posted:

My dad always said a lovely game is still more fun than a game that doesn't exist.
Is a lovely dad better than a dad that doesn't exist?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

actually i guess capcom did cater sfv to the fgc since only people deep enough in the fgc to be making money off of its existence seem to have nice things to say about it

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Zand posted:

fight me in xvsf

can't, the board in my stick died during ceotaku pools

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'd be fine with all they're doing with infinite if I was playing it on my phone. But for what'll be a $60 console/Steam game? :lol: getthefuckouttahere

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/Ryyudo/status/654131569540489216

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Disney probably wants the game to have as few buttons and things going on as possible. Capcom certainly wants that because they can't be assed to make full on marvel turn out good.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Game looks like rear end, mon freres

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Game looks like rear end, mon freres

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I thought it looked pretty good. :shobon:

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Shouldve just made it 1v1 and just have Marvel characters

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

A lot of the negative stuff has already been said, and some of it I agree with, although I don't hate the idea of the game being 2v2 even though Capcom's last 2v2 effort bombed pretty terribly. I am sad to see assists go, though.

Anyway, a few "silver lining" things:

- The gameplay or at least the normals seen in the trailer seem to have good speed/pace to them, so cross your fingers it remains that way and the game doesn't end up feeling like molasses like SF5 can at times. Stages also seem like they may be smaller than SFxT, which was one of that game's fundamental failings.

- X has an airdash and the Marvel pair seem to have some form of flight, so air movement is still there. X's airdash is kinda slow looking, though, and we don't get a sense of the screen going super high like in MvC2 or 3, but it might not really need to, either.

-Ryu got that Searchlight Hadouken back. Shoot that laser into space.

- Wallbounces are present, but no confirmation of ground bounce or otg that I saw. The hope here is that there are enough battle mechanic features to make combos/resets varied and interesting while maybe not being entirely breakable, at least day 1. Edit: Captain Marvel's divekick thing might ground bounce, actually.

Really, the most troubling thing at this point is that this game is supposedly less than a year out and that copypasted article and other reports suggest they have almost nothing concretely nailed down about the roster, controls, or battle system. That in itself brings back some bad memories of SFxT looking cool and fun in the first couple trailers and then getting gems, Pandora, throw nerfs, etc. all thrown on top to smother the good stuff in a pile of poo poo.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 4, 2016

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

JordanKai posted:

I thought it looked pretty good. :shobon:

gently caress you bitch!!!!!!

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

A lot of the negative stuff has already been said, and some of it I agree with, although I don't hate the idea of the game being 2v2 even though Capcom's last 2v2 effort bombed pretty terribly. I am sad to see assists go, though.

Anyway, a few "silver lining" things:

- The gameplay or at least the normals seen in the trailer seem to have good speed/pace to them, so cross your fingers it remains that way and the game doesn't end up feeling like molasses like SF5 can at times. Stages also seem like they may be smaller than SFxT, which was one of that game's fundamental failings.

- X has an airdash and the Marvel pair seem to have some form of flight, so air movement is still there. X's airdash is kinda slow looking, though, and we don't get a sense of the screen going super high like in MvC2 or 3, but it might not really need to, either.

-Ryu got that Searchlight Hadouken back. Shoot that laser into space.

- Wallbounces are present, but no confirmation of ground bounce or otg that I saw. The hope here is that there are enough battle mechanic features to make combos/resets varied and interesting while maybe not being entirely breakable, at least day 1. Edit: Captain Marvel's divekick thing might ground bounce, actually.

Really, the most troubling thing at this point is that this game is supposedly less than a year out and that copypasted article and other reports suggest they have almost nothing concretely nailed down about the roster, controls, or battle system. That in itself brings back some bad memories of SFxT looking cool and fun in the first couple trailers and then getting gems, Pandora, throw nerfs, etc. all thrown on top to smother the good stuff in a pile of poo poo.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

marvel 4 might not have real superjumps/real fly screen based on how high x launches captain marvel in the trailer for his air combo

it looks like you only go up like, an extra half a jump height or something

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
lmfao this loving game moves like injustice or mk god bless

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

yo mamma a Horus posted:

lmfao this loving game moves like injustice or mk god bless

it looks better and is more casual than mkx ahahahahahaha

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Okay, I fell asleep before the end of CapCup (good job, Du!) since it was past 3am and I had a bunch of beers, so I just saw the trailer now.

Well...that ain't Marvel. That's TvC2. There's a lot of things obfuscated by that trailer, maybe because they aren't there at all or because they still didn't have time to implement it (no assist usage, for example), so it's hard to make a call on what the gently caress the game is, but it sure looks a hell of a lot like TvC. Air mobility seems limited, the game doesn't seem as fast as Marvel 3, well, you guys basically covered it already. Now, that's not to say MvCI couldn't be a good game on its own terms, but it's gotta suck for Mahvel fans that they're really not getting a sequel, they're getting a completely different thing.

I did get some SFxT vibes from the tag combos and gem activations, by the way. On one hand, brrr, SFxT vibes. On the other hand, tag combos were a good concept (badly executed), and the gems look more like X-Factors as people predicted, so maybe there's yet hope?????

So that's the line I'm going with until we see more of MvCI. It could end up fun, but it missed the mark on what Marvel games are.

edit: ah, apparently you can do two types of activation with the Gems, according to an article/interview by a Brazilian FGC dude. There might be a button dedicated to them, and as far as I understood it, you can either use it for a small temporary boost or expend it for a bigger effect.

edit 2: ooh, ooooooh, I think I got it now! I bet they added a fourth/fifth button that gives you a special ability depending on your gem, that's why they're saying "think Grooves from CvS2".

Dias fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Dec 4, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

Get a first look at Captain Marvel, X, Ryu, and Iron Man in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite and tune in tomorrow on ESPN2 for the rebroadcast of Capcom Cup for two additional characters!! #MVCI

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Have they mentioned what time this is going to be at?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

JordanKai posted:

Have they mentioned what time this is going to be at?

http://shoryuken.com/2016/11/28/capcom-cup-2016-will-be-broadcast-on-espn2-on-december-4th/

quote:

In a recent episode of ESPN SportsCenter, an announcement was made during the shows closing giving details of the broadcast. Capcom Cup will be broadcast on ESPN2 on Sunday, at 8:30 PM Eastern time (5:30 PM Pacific).

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Thank you!

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Poor Capcom, everyone hates you

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Man! I'm super hyped about MvC:I, TvC was a kick rear end game and hopefully it keeps the similarities. Though I would rather have the Baroque system over gems, but who knows how they'll all play. Wonder if it's going to be all 5 gems... Probably right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why would you need three infinite combos in street fighter v

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
They call it Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite because now the only infinite in the game is in the title

Game is gonna own, no Morridoom or Zero May Cry infinites will make it better than MvC3 by a longshot

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zain posted:

Wonder if it's going to be all 5 gems... Probably right?

Yeah, there would be no point in them not putting all of them in when there's only a handful (6, actually).

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
It seems like the PS4 port loads a lot of things a lot faster, and doesn't have certain slowdowns. No hard evidence about input lag, but apparently Dual Kevin said "it feels the same as the 360 version to me", so I have some more hope for the PS4 version to be the new standard. No legacy controller support sucks though, can only hope Capcom might fix it later down the road but I doubt it.

Zand posted:

why is this still a thing? someone call keits

Keits made some tweets that made it seem like he didn't know what was up with the port, so I guess Iron Galaxy didn't do it. Makes me worried that the chances of putting in Legacy Controller support is even lower than it already was.

https://twitter.com/TheKeits/status/805195633116192768

Ventana fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 4, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i had umvc3 for ps3 and i can tell you the loading times for the ps4 are way faster.

i havent noticed any slowdown either.

No more Vita Controller mode, which was fun to goof around with -you could play it like the 3DS version of SF4.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

TaurusOxford posted:

that's not even remotely what SFV is

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
It's what it ended up as though. They tried toning it down for casual accessibility and then included none of the features that encourage people that suck to stick around and/or learn, and it's left with... Well, the same FGC audience it always had. But it's capcom, they want mainstream penetration.

(minus the infinite combo part)

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Whats a good fighting game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Whats a good fighting game

Vampire Savior