Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Felix is the last person I'd have expected to discuss homoerotic subtext in Les Mis but I'm absolutely captivated.

I'm confident Felix is the best dry boy for 2 reasons:

1. Jacked AF

2. Loves Les Mis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
This troper, for one, is ready to start moderating the Chapo Joke Explainer Wikia until an argument over how many times Amber's cat has vomited triggers a mental breakdown and I systematically ban every possible IP address.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RedneckwithGuns posted:

1. Jacked AF

2. Loves Les Mis

3. Remembers the basics of CQC

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Gaspar Lewis posted:

This troper, for one, is ready to start moderating the Chapo Joke Explainer Wikia until an argument over how many times Amber's cat has vomited triggers a mental breakdown and I systematically ban every possible IP address.

What do you think is the most obscure joke/reference on the podcast that you know what they're talking about? For me it's gotta be when they mentioned the nightmarish Hillis44 site.I remember joking about it and the Hillary dead enders that turned into birthers on LF this very site back in like 08/09

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

What do you think is the most obscure joke/reference on the podcast that you know what they're talking about? For me it's gotta be when they mentioned the nightmarish Hillis44 site.I remember joking about it and the Hillary dead enders that turned into birthers on LF this very site back in like 08/09

The "I'm banned forums poster radiumstomper44" reference from last episode was a pretty drat deep cut IMO

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I'd love it if they continued to churn out regular Grey Wolves episodes but also had the hosts put out more solo stuff like this Felix episode where they talk individually about stuff unfiltered whenever they felt like it. Like, I'd like to hear a half hour of Matt by himself talking about growing up in a lovely Midwestern town, or of Will talking about how he found out about his soviet spy great grandfather or whatever he was.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
That "I'm permabanned poster <insert stomper here>" post has taken on a life of its own on twitter, so it might be less obscure than that godforsaken 2008 Hillary website now

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Bug chasers, from episode 62.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

RedneckwithGuns posted:

1. Jacked AF

2. Loves Les Mis

I thought dry boys were unlubricated condoms

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Just looked that up and holy poo poo

Loki2099
Oct 26, 2005
can I be cool too please?

Ron Jeremy posted:

I thought dry boys were unlubricated condoms

Incel spotted, do better. Get volcel.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Die Sexmonster! posted:

lol if you and everyone you know didn't already know that.

There's also a band called bugchaser that's been around since at least 2011.

https://bugchaser.bandcamp.com/

Also also CNN did this in 2008. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo_n0IPsC7g

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Mr. Lobe posted:

jesus christ the felix solo episode is freaking breaking my heart, he's so sincere

Where do I find this? It's not on Patreon, SoundCloud, or iTunes that I can tell.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Barry Convex posted:

Where do I find this? It's not on Patreon, SoundCloud, or iTunes that I can tell.

Grey wolf rss, posted last night

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

lol if you and everyone you know didn't already know that.

I shared the Something Awful article with my closer friends, but bug chasing is a really heinous and gross practice that doesn't exactly come up in conversation naturally!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the voting has begun kiddos.

let's help our boy Chu go all the way.

https://twitter.com/ShitAccountTour/status/805456634063585280

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
It's very unwoke of me but baked alaska is much worse than arthur chu

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Loki2099 posted:

Incel spotted, do better. Get volcel.

Married. Am I incel if I'm CB'd by toddlers?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

uber_stoat posted:

Chu sucks so much but lol that bakedalaska basically gets off instantly. It's kinda lame that 'annoying pissbaby' ranks as a worse thing than him.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

How do people like this happen?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Grondoth posted:

taking the bible out of schools

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Grondoth posted:

Rihanna

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Grondoth posted:

Johnson is a hardcore Evangelical with Tea Party parents. What she's doing is prosperity gospel for woke performative liberals. The lingo comes from the bubble of twitter and private liberal arts college, but the scam is the same.

They're pissed at Lee Fang for calling them out.

https://twitter.com/insanityreport/status/805528447124697088

https://twitter.com/rissaoftheway/status/805542607459753984

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

goodog posted:

Johnson is a hardcore Evangelical with Tea Party parents. What she's doing is prosperity gospel for woke performative liberals. The lingo comes from the bubble of twitter and private liberal arts college, but the scam is the same.

They're pissed at Lee Fang for calling them out.

This makes so much sense. It's even couched in the same way: "Pay me money, become righteous." I guess I just never considered it from that angle, cause I've been baffled for a bit about this stuff and once you said "prosperity gospel" it all fell into place.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

So has Arthur Chu signed up? This could be his chance to make it to the ally big leagues with Tim Wise and Atticus Finch.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Is the money even going to a charitable cause?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

Is the money even going to a charitable cause?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

what a good grift

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I'd be ok with this if the money was actually funneled to a good cause or org, instead of a couple of brand-building con artists.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

I'm Australian so I'm not familiar with the US tax system, but does this step into fraud territory? Profit will be 'financial gifts' (which I assume are tax exempt) that they gift to themselves black women? Aren't they just doing what fraudulent charities do?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Hocus Pocus posted:

I'm Australian so I'm not familiar with the US tax system, but does this step into fraud territory? Profit will be 'financial gifts' (which I assume are tax exempt) that they gift to themselves black women? Aren't they just doing what fraudulent charities do?

Also Australian and not a lawyer, but I think it's legally fine within US law for a corporation to give a gift to an individual so long as they (the corporation) pay tax on it. The company isn't designated as a charity - as far as I can understand it, it would simply be seen as a business providing goods/services in exchange for payment that also happens to provide financial gifts to some individuals.

quote:

Every month, Safety Pin Box will give one-time financial gifts to individual Black women who have demonstrated a commitment to serving Black people. Financial gift recipients will be featured in that month’s box at their discretion, and will be invited to contribute to that month’s task writing. Any and all Black women contributing to Black liberation in any way are encouraged to apply and recipients will be chosen at random each month from Black women applicants in our pool. The more subscribers we have, the more Black women we can support. Subscription fees, as a form of reparations, go directly to supporting Black women freedom fighters every month.

Its business model is literally "white people buy this product/service from us, and our company also donates money to black women." Really stupid but if they've made it clear it's not a charity I think it's legally OK.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Woke Indulgences are my favorite thing now

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/status/805490955306627072

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
anyone can wear a pin but only by paying 100 bucks a month will you be put on a list of people who wear a pin.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

uber_stoat posted:

The fact that Molly Klein wasn't even in consideration is a tragedy.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Red Kahina is a deep cut. insiders only. tru grey wolves.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

This is the Reason cover they were talking about on the podcast.

Context you might like: This is an edit of GTA5 art. The character in that art was a spoiled rich kid who thought he was a hardass and lived with his dad in a dysfunctional household where everyone sucked. He was embarrassing to his dad, constantly was being taken advantage of by scammers, and was at best comic relief and most of the time was a plot point of "this fuckin' kid caused problems again." That girl in the underwear? That's not his girlfriend. That's his sister.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i'm the American flag lapel pin on the Reason Mag reader insert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
wait so they meant it complementary when they used the picture of a dude sitting in a full suit surrounded by a four loko, bong, and 3d printed gun on his mattress on the floor?